We can trade Humpty starting today!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We can trade Humpty starting today!!!!

Who would you want to get for his contract? I admit I can't stand the dude and don't want to see him in a Celtic uniform.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: We can trade Humpty starting today!!!!

Although I can't stand him (as a person) either and look forward to his eventual departure from the Green, there is no rush to get rid of Hump.  We're not going anywhere this year.  There are other contracts/players we would want to dump first, like Wallace, Bass, Crawford and Bogans. Hump's expiring has value to anyone including us.  In the meantime, he is an athletic and skilled baller, that will provide tough competition for our young guys and take some pounding in the middle. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

What do I want for the Hump?...a lifesize picture of Kim Kardazzian's humongous nekkid AZZ...I know it would be a panoramic view and almost cover two zip codes, but I was going to use it to place on thew outside of my son's tour bus...he's in a rock band...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Who would you want to get for his contract? I admit I can't stand the dude and don't want to see him in a Celtic uniform.

My respect for Brad Stevens' challenge is growing every day.  The guy will be fire tested by the time he comes out of it all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Yeah, on the other hand, he has nothing to lose.  That is THE ideal situation for a new coach.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Yeah, on the other hand, he has nothing to lose.  That is THE ideal situation for a new coach.   

Still, he has to navigate some very rough waters and come out at the other end.  Nothing to lose does not mean that he need not set succes goals and strive to accomplish them.  He is in for a very trying season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

So his "success" depends upon what his job performance parameters are and what players Danny gives him to work with.

What would you establish as his primary objectives?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

So his "success" depends upon what his job performance parameters are and what players Danny gives him to work with.

What would you establish as his primary objectives?

I believe that it is not sufficient that Danny will give him job performance parameters.  Those parameters need to be manageable.

Brad's (wow, first name basis) greatest challenge will be to set his objectives and then align players to those objectives.  That will be his hardest challenge as there are many fragmented personal objectives on the team.  Players like Humphries know that they will not be here and would like opportunity to showcase their talent for the next contract.  Gerald Wallace will see that there is not much of a place for him.  How well will he align with the goals.  Then you have Danny's goal to dump some longer term contracts (Bass/Lee).  How will these be showcased?  If young players are given playing time precedence over veterans, what kind of support will the veterans provide in meeting the goals.  At the same time, younger players will need support to build confidence and develop.

It is clear that the Celts are focused on the future.  So the high level goal/performance parameter is clear.  Creating a plan and executing on it will be a nightmare.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

You better be ready.He will be here for the seasson and he is going to do well.He is a good player.You have to accept the fact that the celtics are not tanking.Go Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

You better be ready.He will be here for the seasson and he is going to do well.He is a good player.You have to accept the fact that the celtics are not tanking.Go Celtics.

Go Celtics

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

humphries had a BAD year in jersey last year.  he's likely going to be looking to return to "double double" machine output levels if he has an interest in getting another contract worth anything in the league....

don't be surprised if the guy shows up ready to work for us.  i abhor him as a person, he seems like the ultimate twerp.  but he can bang on the inside, play okay defense and get rebounds- all of those things we are very short on

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

humphries had a BAD year in jersey last year.  he's likely going to be looking to return to "double double" machine output levels if he has an interest in getting another contract worth anything in the league....

don't be surprised if the guy shows up ready to work for us.  i abhor him as a person, he seems like the ultimate twerp.  but he can bang on the inside, play okay defense and get rebounds- all of those things we are very short on

A banger???

Kris sez that his marriage to hottie KimK (she abhores him too) was never consumated.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

In response to debrit's comment:

Go Celtics

Hey, I forgot ... Did Romney win the election?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"You better be ready.He will be here for the seasson and he is going to do well.He is a good player.You have to accept the fact that the celtics are not tanking.

Go Celtics."

+1

Humphries is a bona fide NBA player who can play the middle - a definite upgrade over any Garnett replacement for the last couple of years.  His not-so-private life is none of my business, so he can do anything (legal) he wants to do without me passing judgment.  If he can provide rebounds, defense, and points, he can be a helpful member of the team.  I don't understand the "hate" - why, because he fought with Rondo?  Wow, that's a growing group of players and most of it starts with RR himself.  I like Rondo's assertive attitude, so I can accept that there will be times that he'll get into it with other guys.  That's just basketball.  You can push and shove to get an advantage over your opposite number and then smile about it after the game.  I always appreciated those tussles for the physicality and for competition - it raised my game and made it more fun.  It also brings out an ability to put things in context and prioritize what's important in life.  Non-athletes seem to hold onto slights or criticisms for a long time, whereas athletes get over "it" pretty quickly. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think we should trade Humpty because I don't think we are tanking! It's my opinion that we could get 2 players or a pick and a player that would be more productive and useful for us than  Humpty. I've been saying we'll make the playoffs and this team is going to be better than most think. I know that the prevaliing opinion is that we will be fun to watch but not win many games but I saw a few things from the remaining players from last year that thinks the changes will lead to them having good years. I think players like Lee,Green,Bass and Bradley will improve, Rondo too will also benefit from a new coaching scheme. I felt we under performed down the stretch last year mostly because of Doc who seemed to mail it in the last month and I think that attitude kinda trickled down to some of the players.

Watching Humpty, he seems like he is concerned about his stats than winning. If he's playing for us I hope I'm wrong but...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think we should trade Humpty because I don't think we are tanking! It's my opinion that we could get 2 players or a pick and a player that would be more productive and useful for us than  Humpty. I've been saying we'll make the playoffs and this team is going to be better than most think. I know that the prevaliing opinion is that we will be fun to watch but not win many games but I saw a few things from the remaining players from last year that thinks the changes will lead to them having good years. I think players like Lee,Green,Bass and Bradley will improve, Rondo too will also benefit from a new coaching scheme. I felt we under performed down the stretch last year mostly because of Doc who seemed to mail it in the last month and I think that attitude kinda trickled down to some of the players.

Watching Humpty, he seems like he is concerned about his stats than winning. If he's playing for us I hope I'm wrong but...

With Sullinger in some trouble, Humphries will get a lot of playing time.  I have no great attachment to him but he is not a bad player just an overpaid one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think its a little to premature to make predictions on Sully.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Oh man do I hate Humpty McDumpy ...

... but the more I think about it, he may be the strongest guy on our team. Someone who we can throw at Dwight, Brook, Roy, possibly Greg & Andrew .... and say "go get 'em!" 

Its really our only option to give Hump & Fav the Center spot (with some minutes for Sully) allowing Bass, KO and Sully to man the PF spot.

I guess ideally,

First Unit: Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Faverani

Second Unit: Pressey, Lee, Wallace, Bass, Humphries

with Kelly and Marshon getting minutes as they deserve them.

That leaves Bogans, Crawford, and Roster spot 15 as excess depth

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am not sure why so many people dislike this guy's personality, but if he is not out there breaking the law off the court and plays well on it i think that I will like him.

He had a down year last year, but was a double double scorer and rebounder up to last season and is going to perform to the best of his ability to get himself another contract.

He, as someone else mentioned, will be worth more in return if he plays well and is possibly traded at the trade deadline.

I don't see this guy being a part of the rebuilding, but I think that we all need to give him a chance to help the Celtics this season with his performance and then maybe for the future with what he brings back at the trade deadline.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The hate is because he is not part of the C's future plans.  He is a cast off from a bad team.  Can he help the C's win a few games this year?  maybe....but he won't be here to see the team turn the corner and become elite again.  So there is no luv.  Lets build with the real C's that will be here for the next NBA title.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I agree that Humphries has a solid game.  He will help some team that doesn't care about chemistry.

As for hate?  (which is a pretty loose definition as its tossed around here) ... He is a well documented arrogant jerk of a person.  He is not a good human being.  When he arrived at Kansas, as a very highly ranked HS recruit, the team demanded that coach not bring him in simply because he was such an A-Whole to everybody.  

I hope he isn't a wrecking crew in the Celtics locker room or Danny will have to trade him earlier rather than wait till the end of the season.    

Sections
Shortcuts