We Can Win Without Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: We Can Win Without Rondo

Watching the Cs struggle in the 4th quarters to score with AB in the game unable to  make a play or attract a defender/spread the floor.... Rondo isn't much of an upgrade over what we've seen since he's been out with the wrist injury.

We certainly struggle to win with Rondo... and with RA too.

Time to either tank, play the youngsters... or bring in some new talent because things are only going to get uglier and uglier as the season progresses.

If/when Rondo returns, then we are back to the miserable play we saw at the season's start with the starters racking up huge minutes and the team going nowhere.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to We Can Win Without Rondo:
    I've been accused of being a hater for saying we can win without Rondo. Right now we're 5-2 without Rondo. Could've been 6-1 if the Celts didn't give away the first meeting against Cleveland. With the Celtics it's all about the system. I mean Bradley and Moore are doing a good job running the point in Rondo's absence. I'm not saying we're a better team without Rondo, but if Rondo, Ray, and JO can bring us an All-Star big man in return I think Ainge should do it.
    Posted by Fiercest34

For goodness sake, stop defending yourself for being a Rondo "hater."

DA's well publicized efforts to shop Rondo gives you all the cover you'll ever need to discuss trading #9 openly and w/o fear.

Pud 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo:
    Watching the Cs struggle in the 4th quarters to score with AB in the game unable to  make a play or attract a defender/spread the floor.... Rondo isn't much of an upgrade over what we've seen since he's been out with the wrist injury. We certainly struggle to win with Rondo... and with RA too. Time to either tank, play the youngsters... or bring in some new talent because things are only going to get uglier and uglier as the season progresses. If/when Rondo returns, then we are back to the miserable play we saw at the season's start with the starters racking up huge minutes and the team going nowhere. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Many of us on this BB are thinking the same way.  Danny has to know.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to We Can Win Without Rondo : For goodness sake, stop defending yourself for being a Rondo "hater." DA's well publicized efforts to shop Rondo gives you all the cover you'll ever need to discuss trading #9 openly and w/o fear. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

If Barney Fife could shoot straight, I'd fear for Rondo's safety.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : If Barney Fife could shoot straight, I'd fear for Rondo's safety.
    Posted by breaktime

My hero, Barney doesn't even have a bullet... so Rondo is probably safe as far as Deputy Fife is concerned.

Rumor has it that DA is a good shot though. And cold blooded too.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Dont think the Celtics need to trade any backcourt players.  The biggest problem is their frontcourt.  

Maybe time to trade Garnett or O neal for a better rebounder such as Wallace, Chandler, Howard, etc.  

That is all the Celtics need to do, just make one move and get a decent defense center who can rebound.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Ben Wallace? Right now Ben Wallace is not even better than JO in rebounding. Tyson Chandler for KG? The Knicks will just laugh at that proposal. Dwight Howard for KG? Really? You want to get value you also have to give value. Right now the 2 players with most value is Ray and Rondo. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I was giving an example on who the Celtics need.  J.O. is an awful rebounder as well for Garnett too.  Boston just need a center, period!!!  I know the center around the league are not as good as they were in the past.  But if I can do my homework to see who is the better and worthy center in the league at the same time this team need to get rid of him due a large contract, then I would name this guy.  For now, I am just saying is that the Celtics just need a center!!  

For your information, Rondo was on the team ever year, and the Celtics have made into the playoff ever year.  So Rondo wasnt the problem.  The bigs are the biggest problem which that was why you see the Celtics being outrebounded almost every 4th quarter.  Maybe they make alot of good stops, but tended to give up too many second chance points!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Silly thread................

When any of the BIG 4 went down we have won games.  Remember when KG went down his 2nd season here?  We won without him!  So what's your point?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

We got to look at who did we play against when these guys were out as well the NBA season started out with a limit preseason training.  Had the Celtics play the Knicks again right now with Allen and Pierce in the line up, I bet they would beat them this time.

Come on, we beat alot of awful teams except few teams who all probably will not win a NBA title this year!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Who was it who said in JULY we had to trade Rondo???

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And given Rondo's youth and ability, he is our most tradeable asset......the question is - who needs a PG?  There are a lot of good ones out there.  Cant' get Blatche (Wall), or Varajeo (Irving)..........

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : So far we have only beaten 2 quality teams this season, Orlando and Indiana. Ray never played against the Magic and the Pacers, when we beat the Pacers. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Another thing that both wins were at home while one loss to Pacers was on the road!!

So seriously, wait until the end of the month where Boston will play against awful teams and good teams at home and away.  And then we can judge on whether this team can be a playoff team or not!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : The Knicks and Lakers really need a PG. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

You mean Baron Davis won't solve all their problems??

And the lakers are getting DWill for Gasol, right before the AS break, paving the way for them to get DH at the deadline - don't you read the comments on the LA Times, man - c'mon, these people KNOW their stuff!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Dont think the Celtics need to trade any backcourt players.  The biggest problem is their frontcourt.   Maybe time to trade Garnett or O neal for a better rebounder such as Wallace, Chandler, Howard, etc.   That is all the Celtics need to do, just make one move and get a decent defense center who can rebound.  
    Posted by GoUconn13

No team will trade a a center that can rebound and defend.They are very few in this league.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts