We Can Win Without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: We Can Win Without Rondo

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : No, I don't go to other teams sites. And even Baron Davis will not be able to right that sinking ship in NY.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I know, I was only kidding!

Next time, I'll put HA HA at the end!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : No team will trade a a center that can rebound and defend.They are very few in this league.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The Celtics beat a flawed Orlando team.  WOW!!!!!!!  Indiana is the best team we've beaten!!!  I have no grand hopes.  7th or 8th seed is no mans land.  If we can't win it all THIS season, then blow it up to start rebuilding now.  Let the young guns play, get a lottery pick, and we will have BASS, Pietrus, Pierce, Rondo, AB, Moore, JJJ, and who ever we draft and what ever free agents we sign.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics beat a flawed Orlando team.  WOW!!!!!!!  Indiana is the best team we've beaten!!!  I have no grand hopes.  7th or 8th seed is no mans land.  If we can't win it all THIS season, then blow it up to start rebuilding now.  Let the young guns play, get a lottery pick, and we will have BASS, Pietrus, Pierce, Rondo, AB, Moore, JJJ, and who ever we draft and what ever free agents we sign.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I think Pietrus is a FA, and don't forget Jeff Green- whose injury really curtailed this team's chances this year!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Dont think the Celtics need to trade any backcourt players.  The biggest problem is their frontcourt.   Maybe time to trade Garnett or O neal for a better rebounder such as Wallace, Chandler, Howard, etc.   That is all the Celtics need to do, just make one move and get a decent defense center who can rebound.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

... you are correct sir, although #9 may be dealt to obtain
    such top notch frontcourt people, dont worry,
    danny will get something done.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to We Can Win Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]I've been accused of being a hater for saying we can win without Rondo. Right now we're 5-2 without Rondo. Could've been 6-1 if the Celts didn't give away the first meeting against Cleveland. With the Celtics it's all about the system. I mean Bradley and Moore are doing a good job running the point in Rondo's absence. I'm not saying we're a better team without Rondo, but if Rondo, Ray, and JO can bring us an All-Star big man in return I think Ainge should do it.

I posted this under "we last in rebounding" but a good "copy & paste" here I think

Not liking to beat a dead horse I find I must agree with many previous posts that we need a strong rebounder. I do not feel JO is our man and getting KG to play center is not the answer.  Hate to open old wounds but in addition to the egregious discrepancy in foul shots in game 7 vs Lakers a couple of years back, the reason we also lost was the dominance they had in rebounds. Yup, we shot a better % and their guy who walks on water aka, Kobe, only shot 6 for 24 or 25% and the whole team shot about 30% but with the rebounding strong edge they were able to put up shot after shot.  I repeat, and KG is some 2+ years older now, he was not comfortable playing center as he was needed after Perk went down in game 6 as he really is not a banger who can put in a rebound easily.  He’s a great PF who really likes to put in 5-10 ft jump shots !!! And a dominating center can toss the ball to KG who would be open frequently if our center, heavily defended, can't put the ball back up himself. And Rasheed, although he played well, liked to compete more with Pierce & Allen shooting 3 pointers so also was not tremendously effective under the basket.

This has been mentioned by many…try to get Kaman as soon as he is bought out.  Also, if by some miracle, in a multiple team deal we can get Howard, go for it. I like Varejao (Cavs)and another player who I find similar is Joakim Noah(Bulls). Don’t think we can get either of these guys but I agree that with a player similar we’d be a strong playoff team.  If we need trade Allen, and I’ve liked him very much, and Rondo too to get the desired Center, let’s do it !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I didn't say Rondo is part of the problem. What I'm saying is Rondo can be used to get a Center or a big PF. Many here said we couldn't win without Rondo. After 7 games without Rondo we're 5-2.  If we're not going to use Ray and Rondo as trade bait then might as well not make any trades. Besides Ray and Rondo, we have nothing else that other teams would want.

I agree that Rondo has the most trade value, but I believe that shouldn't be traded.  We are winning games without him, but this wouldn't last.  If we had someone else who could step in for him that could be a good replacement than I would agree with you.  We do need a center, but trading Rondo isn't the answer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I think Pietrus is a FA, and don't forget Jeff Green- whose injury really curtailed this team's chances this year!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Jeff Green, really?????  Was he scoring 20/pg last season?  What makes you think he would have been the key cog to this machine?  Would he have replaced Allen or Pierce?  He still would have been on the bench not getting a lot of minutes.  Will Jeff Green even want to return next season to a team that is in transition and will be rebuilding or a season away from rebuilding?

We don't need Green we have Peitrus.  He will replace Ray.  Now we need to put PP on the bench next season with Ray.  Let KG walk and put Bass in the starting line up.

NExt season:
    Rondo
    Pietrus
    Bass
    FA center
    FA SF(if not PP).

Bench:
    Bradley
    Moore
    Ray Allen
    JJ
    Steimsma

Gone:
    Dooling
    KG
    Draft pick
    Draft pick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I think Pietrus is a FA, and don't forget Jeff Green- whose injury really curtailed this team's chances this year!!

Agree that Green might have been a difference maker this year.  Last year he was only with the Celtics for a short-time.  He definitely has potential and unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see if he could have helped the Celtics. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Agree that Green might have been a difference maker this year.  Last year he was only with the Celtics for a short-time.  He definitely has potential and unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see if he could have helped the Celtics. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Thanks -  I'd like him as a starter with PP off the bench next year!!  He gives us energy, and will still be only 25 or 26!  Praying he returns to health, #1, and returns to us, #2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Jeff Green, really?????  Was he scoring 20/pg last season?  What makes you think he would have been the key cog to this machine?  Would he have replaced Allen or Pierce?  He still would have been on the bench not getting a lot of minutes.  Will Jeff Green even want to return next season to a team that is in transition and will be rebuilding or a season away from rebuilding? We don't need Green we have Peitrus.  He will replace Ray.  Now we need to put PP on the bench next season with Ray.  Let KG walk and put Bass in the starting line up. NExt season: Rondo Pietrus Bass FA center FA SF(if not PP). Bench: Bradley Moore Ray Allen JJ Steimsma Gone: Dooling KG Draft pick Draft pick
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

#1 - if we had Green, we wouldn't need Pietrus
    #2 - why can't we have both?
    #3 - I STILL think Pietrus is a FA at the end of the year, so we don't actually "have him" either. 
    #4 - why would Pietrus want to be part of a team min transition.

Didn't care for the tone of your remark at all!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

And we can win without Ray Allen..........................and doc Rivers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]And we can win without Ray Allen..........................and doc Rivers.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

This is stupid comment. 

How many coaches that have been hired and fired in past 10 years?  Alot!!!

And the worst part, most of these teams who kept firing coach have never improve.  Look at Clippers, Wizards, Bulls, Pacers, etc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

The Celtics would have won two more championships with a dozen other point guards...... but of course on this board - too little too late......moronicism is not a bad thing, if it was maybe it would not be so rampant........  with a dozen other point guards the Cs would have won the series that KG missed in 2009 and then with all the discussion about the Lakers length and how the Cs needed more strength up front and then blaming Perk's injury as a reason the Cs loss (though Bynum was at about 30% in that series)... Doc said "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the series".....  In the BIG 3 era the Cs would have won 3 titles if they had a complete point guard......

Why is this such a shock at this point?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Red,
    Why can't we get Blatche?  We could get him for very little if we took his contract.

We are a championship contender with Varajeo.  Why not find a way to get it done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Red, Why can't we get Blatche?  We could get him for very little if we took his contract. We are a championship contender with Varajeo.  Why not find a way to get it done.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

We could get Blatche for JON, and I would be all for it!!  I've said that since July.  This thread is about trading RONDO for a rebounder.  We can't trade him for Blatche, since WAS has John Wall, and we can't trade him for Varajeo, since CLE has both Kyrie Irving and Ramon Sessions.  The problem with trading Rondo is that there are not a lot of teams looking for a PG right now.  Perhaps if there is an injury that will change.  I would love to get Varajeo.........and Ray and JON for Kaman also works!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]Red, Why can't we get Blatche?  We could get him for very little if we took his contract. We are a championship contender with Varajeo.  Why not find a way to get it done.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Blatche is out 3-5 weeks at the minimum.
    If he is traded, he won't be traded until he is completely healthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

All the C's need is a BIG solid rebounder at this point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Who was it who said in JULY we had to trade Rondo???

some idiot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Blatche is out 3-5 weeks at the minimum. If he is traded, he won't be traded until he is completely healthy.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

AND he was stinking up the joint when he was playing. Some of these posters must not watch any games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Everything is Rondo`s fault.Just ask pudding and her sister dud

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notkyceltic. Show notkyceltic's posts

In Response to We Can Win Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]I've been accused of being a hater for saying we can win without Rondo. Right now we're 5-2 without Rondo. Could've been 6-1 if the Celts didn't give away the first meeting against Cleveland. With the Celtics it's all about the system. I mean Bradley and Moore are doing a good job running the point in Rondo's absence. I'm not saying we're a better team without Rondo, but if Rondo, Ray, and JO can bring us an All-Star big man in return I think Ainge should do it.

How about if Pierce can bring us an allstar big man? 

Sections
Shortcuts