We Can Win Without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: We Can Win Without Rondo

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Everything is Rondo`s fault.Just ask pudding and her sister dud
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

So, if WAS offered Blatche for JON straight up, you would say no?

I refuse to call a Celtics fan an idiot, but that ain't too smart, man!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : No we couldn't ... JON will never go to DC ... He already squawked about going to NO and killed that deal, so why would he agree to go to DC?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

UM, he doesn't have a choice.  And he did not kill the David West deal, David West did.  IND offered him more money, end of story.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Rondo is not the problem. We just need an All-Star caliber big man that will give us rebounding and low post scoring. We're not going to get an All-Star caliber player if we will not offer Rondo. "

Can't say I disagree - BUT depends on the big man. Has to be a genuine force, and someone young enough to anchor the franchise. There aren't many of those out there. 

Just please don't say Pau Gasol. He's too old and soft for this role. He'd be fine if we were one piece away from a championship, but if we trade Rondo, we won't be that close so....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I don't think so ... it was widely reported that bird said he would go after West if the C's had a problem. When JON refused to go to NO who was supposedly flipping him to Dallas the Mavs got cold feet on their deal with NO. That gave the Lakers time to get into the act. To assure we didn't get West, LA offered Odom to the Mavs, in affect, West Blocking us and satisfying Odoms demand to be traded after their own NO affair got blocked by Herr Stern. They got themselves more trade bait (1st round pick & PTE) for DH but succeeded in killing their team chemistry and automatic playoff contender status.   http://www.stateoftheceltics.com/2011/12/why-david-west-didnt-land-with-celtics.html
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Everything you said is correct, I just disagree with the bold faced.  JON cannot refuse to go anywhere, he is not a FA.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It depends on who we can get for Rondo.  If it is a solid and not too old big man who can rebound and score inside then I'm all for it, but who the hell is going to give up that kind of player for Rondo?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]It depends on who we can get for Rondo.  If it is a solid and not too old big man who can rebound and score inside then I'm all for it, but who the hell is going to give up that kind of player for Rondo?
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]
    Rondo for Gasol would make us a contender for sure. Don't think it will happen though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to We Can Win Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]I've been accused of being a hater for saying we can win without Rondo. Right now we're 5-2 without Rondo. Could've been 6-1 if the Celts didn't give away the first meeting against Cleveland. With the Celtics it's all about the system. I mean Bradley and Moore are doing a good job running the point in Rondo's absence. I'm not saying we're a better team without Rondo, but if Rondo, Ray, and JO can bring us an All-Star big man in return I think Ainge should do it.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

you may be onto something. but da should add gasol, howard, or bynum to the mix...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]It depends on who we can get for Rondo.  If it is a solid and not too old big man who can rebound and score inside then I'm all for it, but who the hell is going to give up that kind of player for Rondo?

Perhaps the Jazz could trade AJ and a pick for Rondo/Wilcox and both teams would benefit 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Perhaps the Jazz could trade AJ and a pick for Rondo/Wilcox and both teams would benefit 
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

What would they do with Devin Harris?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Perhaps the Jazz could trade AJ and a pick for Rondo/Wilcox and both teams would benefit 
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Why would that benefit the Jazz?  I would not do it if I were the Jazz.  They are very thin at front court and plenty of depth at back court.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : What would they do with Devin Harris?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

They may want to trade him too or play him at the 2 since his more of a scoring point than a traditional point. Throw in Ray( & keep Wilcox) and we can take him off their hands as well...Trade machine gives us plus 5 wins...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Why would that benefit the Jazz?  I would not do it if I were the Jazz.  They are very thin at front court and plenty of depth at back court.

It's actually the opposite. They have alot of depth up front and have gruel for their backcourt. The # 3 pick plays about 10 min. a game even though he's no stiff...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Yes!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We Can Win Without Rondo : B I N G O !!!  GREAT POST.....  IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE !!  RONDO IS GOOD, BUT A POINT GUARD THAT IS NOT A GOOD SHOOOOTER (FOUL LINE TOO) DOES NOT CARRY AN  N B A TEAM TO THE TOP !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

News Flash....an NBA team did get to the top with just such a guy in 2008.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : It's actually the opposite. They have alot of depth up front and have gruel for their backcourt. The # 3 pick plays about 10 min. a game even though he's no stiff...
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]
    Huh?  I think you should double check their roster.  They have 4 legit big men and tons of small forwards and guards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : News Flash....an NBA team did get to the top with just such a guy in 2008.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

And the still very effective Big Three did the carrying, not their wet behind the ears 2nd year PG.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Huh?  I think you should double check their roster.  They have 4 legit big men and tons of small forwards and guards.

I check their roster every day (my 2nd fav team). Their guards' and forwards are either long in the tooth or still learning the game( Bell, Tinsley, Evans, Haywood, Burks). Miles remains an enigma ...They could benefit from some vets who are pass 1st and a pure shooter like Ray..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I check their roster every day (my 2nd fav team). Their guards' and forwards are either long in the tooth or still learning the game( Bell, Tinsley, Evans, Haywood, Burks). Miles remains an enigma ...They could benefit from some vets who are pass 1st and a pure shooter like Ray..
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Burks should be playing more.......and Ray would be perfect for them.  Earlier in the year I read they wanted to dump both Jefferson and Millsap and play Kanter and Favors.............then they started winning......the nerve of them..:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I check their roster every day (my 2nd fav team). Their guards' and forwards are either long in the tooth or still learning the game( Bell, Tinsley, Evans, Haywood, Burks). Miles remains an enigma ...They could benefit from some vets who are pass 1st and a pure shooter like Ray..
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

If the following point guards were the point guard since the big 3 were assembled they would have won 3 of 4... Westbrook, Paul, Mo Williams, Hinrich, Nash, Nelson, Holiday, Roy, Foye, Conley Jr., Kidd, Parker, D Fisher, Deron Williams, Tj Ford, Rose, Jennings, Billups, .... just to name a few..... are some of you finally starting to wake up?   wow.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]
    I disagree, their guards are fine, Devin Harris is not that bad at point.  Obviously, they are not going to be a good team as they are, but they have a lot more to lose by downgrading their bigs.
    In other words, they'll trade those guards that you don't like, but they are not going to get better by trading their best big man.