We Can Win Without Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Re: We Can Win Without Rondo

In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Burks should be playing more.......and Ray would be perfect for them.  Earlier in the year I read they wanted to dump both Jefferson and Millsap and play Kanter and Favors.............then they started winning......the nerve of them..:)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Utah NEVER said they wanted to trade Jefferson and Millsap.
    You were the one that said Utah should trade them to Boston for Garnett and his expiring contract.

I guarantee that you cannot find anything on the internet about Utah wanting to trade them.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Agreed but it would be ignorant to dismiss what's been going on around the league and JON's own statements. He's not the first player to say he wouldn't report if traded or that he'd retire and come back to play for Miami. A GM would be doing a lot of wheel spinning if he had too many players like that to deal with ... no matter how well he plays going forward, I'm done with him for putting his fading career ahead of his current team and it's players and I can't believe Danny wouldn't love to find a contender that JON would gladly jump ship for ... The players still have too much power otherwise DH would be a done deal by now.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I understand your point of view about players having too much power, but don't you think players SHOULD have some say in their work location - especially after they've earned it through free agency and getting to the end of a contract?  (which is what Lebron did and Howard is doing).

I was a business executive and I had employment contracts after my military career.  At some point, I earned the right to say that i won't work just ANYWHERE they tell me to.  If i chose not to go somewhere and in exchange, I lost my salary and could not work for a while- what's wrong with that?   If you choose not to get paid and simply sit out your time until your contract period is over, then that's your right.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

MAY 2011!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/637195-utah-jazz-do-they-trade-al-jefferson-or-paul-millsap-to-develop-derrick-favors

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/713507-nba-trade-speculation-should-the-utah-jazz-trade-al-jefferson-or-paul-millsap

IGNORE!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : I understand your point of view about players having too much power, but don't you think players SHOULD have some say in their work location - especially after they've earned it through free agency and getting to the end of a contract?  (which is what Lebron did and Howard is doing). I was a business executive and I had employment contracts after my military career.  At some point, I earned the right to say that i won't work just ANYWHERE they tell me to.  If i chose not to go somewhere and in exchange, I lost my salary and could not work for a while- what's wrong with that?   If you choose not to get paid and simply sit out your time until your contract period is over, then that's your right.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

LeBron and Howard are in a different situation then JO.
    If JON gets traded and doesn't show up, the team that he got traded to continues to have his rights. He would not be able to play for another team until his contract is over. JON makes almost $76,000 per game. Would he really not report to the team he is traded to and lose that money?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]MAY 2011!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/637195-utah-jazz-do-they-trade-al-jefferson-or-paul-millsap-to-develop-derrick-favors http://bleacherreport.com/articles/713507-nba-trade-speculation-should-the-utah-jazz-trade-al-jefferson-or-paul-millsap IGNORE!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

This is one person asking a question, should Utah trade Jefferson or Millsap?
    This is not from the Utah Jazz.
    Also, the question asked was Jefferson OR Millsap.
    Worst of all, it is from bleacherreport.com.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/Al_Jefferson/1945230/the-jazz-are-so-pleased-with-enes-kanter-and-derrick-favors

That's THREE!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : This is one person asking a question, should Utah trade Jefferson or Millsap? This is not from the Utah Jazz. Also, the question asked was Jefferson OR Millsap. Worst of all, it is from bleacherreport.com.  
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

It's true that Jazz management has not publically mentioned trading either AJ or Sap. It is merely speculation by pundits and fans who feel there is some duplication of parts that could be used for other parts that are left wanting...If we relied on the organizations to feed us info we would all have swollen bellies and nothing to argue about in these smoke filled chat rooms...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : No problem "after they've earned it" ... but what Red and I are talking about is players still under contract utilizing unfair practices, in effect, holding a gun to the GM's head, daring him to trade him some place he doesn't want to go and see what happens. Billups threatened not to show up if a lottery team that wasn't a contender bid for his services in the amnesty draft ... JON threatened to not show up in NO or even retire ... DH won't resign unless he goes to a team of his liking now while Orlando still holds his rights .... Paul, etc, etc, etc. Once they are FA's then do as you like but if the team holder your rights can improve by trading you then you are obligated to do what's in the team's best interest until a FA.

Billups threatened but David Stern made it clear that if he didn't report and be on board, that he would not receive any of his $14m salary for this year.

DH/Paul/Deron Williams, etc. do have leverage because they can't be bullied into re-signing with a team they don't want to sign with. Orlando can trade Howard to any team they want to, but it is in their best interests to trade him to a team that he will re-sign with because they will give up the best package for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can Win Without Rondo : Howard is not yet a FA and has no right to influence where Orlando trades him. The receiving team takes the risk of resigning him but of course by saying he will not sign with team XYZ he limits Orlando's trade options by scaring away some potential interested parties. There should be a tampering violation against the player or his agent for interferring with the current team's ability to maximize the players value. Any talk of contract extension or resigning s/b apart of negotiations between the interested team and the player/agent privately ... if they can't come to an agreement then the team can proceed at their own risk or move on. The players have free agency and pre-free agency guerilla warfare ... No wonder small market teams get abused.

Howard has every right to not re-sign with Orlando. Orlando asked Dwight what teams he would sign a contract with. Teams interested in trading for Howard need to find out if he will re-sign with them before they trade for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Love how some people just can't admit when they are wrong!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Not the wingnut - mtrax wrote last night that I would not find ANYTHING on the Internet that said Utah wanted to go with Favors and Kantner, and were thinking of trading Jefferson and Millsap.  HE (liar still won't even admit he's a HE) wrote I just said that so bolster my idea of trading KG's contract for Jefferson and Millsap (which I still think is a great move, btw)!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

What a fantasy.
    Utah has never said they wanted or were looking to trade both of them.
    Jefferson and Millsap are their two best players and they aren't close to 30.

For Garnett? LOL.

What a dillusional player envy you have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

1.  Chris Broussard said otherwise.
    2.  You said I wouldn't find ANY info on the Internet
    3.  I NEVER said Utah, I said I read it on the internet
    4.  The KG thing is my idea

5.  If you are NOT mtrax, why do you answer a post to Fierce in which I call you mtrax.

You are a liar!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Here is what you wrote in your post:
    "Earlier in the year I read they wanted to dump both Jefferson and Millsap and play Kanter and Favors."

You read that Utah wanted to dump their two best players???
    Or did you read some guy say that they should trade one of them.
    Utah has never said they want to dump Jefferson and Millsap.