We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick.

I propsed a trade for Davis and Jordan,but would have taken their pick and davis for Perkins and Nate.  

They then could have picked Williams to give Garnett alot of rest in the regular season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick.

I didn't realize that you were the Celtics GM and they had an offer on the table

Seriously

Was this a legit deal that Ainge turned down?  Or another one of what LakerNation32 likes to call "only in Boston" ?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

You can take on 25 percent more,but maybe that deal barely misses the 25 percent rule. They could have threw in HaranGody to make the deal work. 

They only needed to get to around 11 million,and Perkins and Nate make around 10 million together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick.:
    [QUOTE]notrade was so proud that he got it right when he predicted the Heat would beat Boston in 5 games. PATHETIC!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The board laughed when I proposed the trade for Baron Davis.The Clippers might have wanted Mo,but they had the guy from Kentucky,so maybe Danny could have gotten the deal.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Perkins,Nate and filler for Baron/s bad contract and their number 1.  The Clippers wanted to get rid of Baron bad.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick. : Maybe you already forgot about what the Celts are trying to when you jumped on the Heat bandwagon. The Celts don't want any bad contracts so that by the of the 2011-12 season they can go after big name free-agents.  Baron's contract will run up to the end of the 2013 season. Why don't you take your predictions back to South Beach and stay there!
    That prediction showed i'm the smartest poster,about basketball on this board!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

I said it in another thread, now realizing that this is a more appropriate......I have this crazy idea where we have Rondo start at PG with Delonte as a back up.  Seems to be the only thing that isn't broken.  Instead of having physical stud Jeff Green we'd have a top pick (Maybe Derrick Williams or Enes Canter) plus the BAAAAAD contract that is Baron Davis's beard (granted it is the second best in the league).  notrade, your not some brilliant basketball genius because you know where ping pong balls will fall. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick. : WRONG!  IT ONLY SHOWED YOU ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE CELTICS! You as being smart? Agent Maxwell Smart?

I AGREE ! YOUR NOT A CELTIC! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

haha, they wouldn't have traded Jordan for Perk striaght up AND the money in that deal didn't work

good try tho

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Baron Davis is a total head case and a cancer.  No way I would want him anywhere near the Celtics.  He's quit on every team he's ever played for.  Get real.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We could have gotten Baron Davis and the number 1 pick. : That prediction showed i'm the smartest poster,about basketball on this board!
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Sorry about this, but Dudder has already stated for the record that he has forgotten more about basketball than anyone on this board has ever known.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]You can take on 25 percent more,but maybe that deal barely misses the 25 percent rule. They could have threw in HaranGody to make the deal work.    They only needed to get to around 11 million,and Perkins and Nate make around 10 million together.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I believe it is 15% plus $100,000.

The issue in your deal is that Jordan is / was going nowhere.

In a couple of years the Cs will be the Cavs but by then the Cavs will be a good young team.

Sections
Shortcuts