We have 6 first round picks in the next 3 drafts......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

We have 6 first round picks in the next 3 drafts......

........and two more first round picks in 2018.

That's a lot of picks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Re: We have 6 first round picks in the next 3 drafts......

Let's hope we do better than Gerald Green.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

That's a lot of picks!

whoop dee do

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Let's hope we do better than Olynyk! Maybe by 2018 Sam Presti will take over. Does anyone know if ATL still has the right to swap for the Nets picks that they gave Boston?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

The more I see of him, and read of him, the more i'm liking the Olynyk pick. I'll go on record saying I think he'll be ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

Let's hope we do better than Olynyk! Maybe by 2018 Sam Presti will take over. Does anyone know if ATL still has the right to swap for the Nets picks that they gave Boston?

yeah in 2014 and 2015, so the 2014 pick is impacted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

Already the naysayers are complaining about losing the 2 2nd round picks.  geeezzz

I think Danny did good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

methinks ainge did good.. we also have NINE firsts in the next 5 drafts! we can keep them or move them for an aldridge or kevin love at some point if we choose to go that way!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I'm just not a big fan of losing both 2nd round picks when the player was falling to them anyway and the team you're dealing with really wanted to drop down too.

Some will say that we could probably spare the picks because of all our number 1's but I always thought that DA only wanted to collect those picks for future deals because even he knows how risky and cruel the draft lottery has been to the C's. If that's the case then 2nd round picks will be very valuable to the C's moving forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Danny done good!!!!!!

Celts were not winning in next few years
    This starts it NOW!
    They have multiple #1 Draft Picks over 5 yrs
          A few or more will be lottery picks
    #2 Draft picks are role players
    Heck this yearebven #1's may all be role players
    and the top big men are hurt - does anyone want to
    sign a Big with Stress fractures? (reember Bill Walton)

After Wallace goes in 2016 will have a lot of cap space
      or can get someone in a trade for him the yr before
    He still has Rondo

I really don't know how anybody can complain?
    They have a better chance than any other team to
    be at the top in 4 yrs

The lakers are going to be in talent pergatory with no way out
    Spending big money on stars is risky - and you might not have
    any dpth to win

Red is smiling down at Danny right now

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoryismine. Show victoryismine's posts

Now, all we need to do is hire a young up and coming assistant coach who will BENEFIT by coaching a 30-52 Celtics team next two years. I agree that this is Rondo's team, if he stays, but i would love to see the Celts ship him out west, maybe Denver or San Antonio. Both teams have pieces that i think would be nice additions for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to victoryismine's comment:

Now, all we need to do is hire a young up and coming assistant coach who will BENEFIT by coaching a 30-52 Celtics team next two years. I agree that this is Rondo's team, if he stays, but i would love to see the Celts ship him out west, maybe Denver or San Antonio. Both teams have pieces that i think would be nice additions for us.

i agree - I don't want a former name coach

I just don't know who

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

That's a lot of picks!

They are tradable comodities.Right way to rebuild.Great job Danny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I'm just not a big fan of losing both 2nd round picks when the player was falling to them anyway and the team you're dealing with really wanted to drop down too.

Some will say that we could probably spare the picks because of all our number 1's but I always thought that DA only wanted to collect those picks for future deals because even he knows how risky and cruel the draft lottery has been to the C's. If that's the case then 2nd round picks will be very valuable to the C's moving forward.

Be serious.Worried about losing 2nd round picks? Some undrafted players are as good or better than late 1st round or any 2nd round.Some people are just looking for a excuse to hit Danny,Great job.Danny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

[QUOTE]

Be serious.Worried about losing 2nd round picks? Some undrafted players are as good or better than late 1st round or any 2nd round.Some people are just looking for a excuse to hit Danny,Great job.Danny.

[/QUOTE]

I don't worry too much about wtfdog's comments.  Last summer he was so hot Courtney Lee this board was just about smoking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Most if not all of these picks you're so excited about are late first round picks.  They don't amount to much.   Take a look at Danny's late first round picks in the last few years:  Sully, Melo, E'Twan Moore, JaJuan Johnson (via trade of the pick), Bradley, Giddens, Randy Foye, Gerald Green.  2 of the 9 look like they were worth something!   That's not an impressive list and most of the ones I've listed where better picks than we're going to get (Nets likely to have a top 5 record as will the Clips).   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Most if not all of these picks you're so excited about are late first round picks.  They don't amount to much.   Take a look at Danny's late first round picks in the last few years:  Sully, Melo, E'Twan Moore, JaJuan Johnson (via trade of the pick), Bradley, Giddens, Randy Foye, Gerald Green.  2 of the 9 look like they were worth something!   That's not an impressive list and most of the ones I've listed where better picks than we're going to get (Nets likely to have a top 5 record as will the Clips).   

What makes you think NJs 2016 and 2018 picks will be late?  thats 3 seasons from now.  You really think KG, PP, and JJ will be around or at least producing by then?  NJ is going for it next year but very well may stink by then.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Projection:

2014 -C's pick is in the 1-7 range, Brooklyn's is in the 22-26 range

2015 - C's pick is in the 6-12 range, Clippers is in the 17-23 range

2016 - C's pick is in the teens, Brooklyn's is in the teens

2017 - C's are top 4 in the east again, 20-24 range, Nets are in the lotto, teams swap picks!

2018 - C's are contenders, pick 27-29, Nets land in the top 3!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Projection:

2017 - C's are top 4 in the east again, 20-24 range, Nets are in the lotto, teams swap picks!

It is always luck to get the #1 - we may only  get 2-3 shots

this is a guard / wing league., the whole deal is how to get a couple of top 5 NBA players - Celts havre a great chance to get a lot of athletic and long players -

But will we get a top stud in the draft and maybe also in a trade or free agent???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Projection:

What is it based off of? Is is strictly your regular season record?

So if Brookly somehow this year slips to the 7th or 8th seed, and then wins it all, do we still get their pick in the at 15-20 range?

There is absolutely no way that Brooklyn can contend and stay healthy for all those years through 2018. No way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Projection:

There are really a lot of options going forward for Danny to expedite this process. Take a look at what happened this draft with Jrue Holiday. The 76ers essentially got consequtive lottery picks for the guy. I think that same valuation would apply to Rondo and Jeff Green.

So lets say we get extremely lucky next year and get slated in the top 3 with our pick. I bet you, Danny would be in the position where he can chose to swap either Rondo or Jeff plus the Brooklyn pick (mid 20's in a strong draft) for another top10 pick in that draft plus another future 1st rounder.

If that is the case, we could walk into next summer (potentially) with two top10 guys in a strong draft to rebuild with Sullinger, Bradley, Olynyk, Melo and either Rondo or Green AND a strong amount of cap space for an impact (3rd option) free agent.  All these guys (except Rondo/Green) will be on rookie contracts.

The best part about this is the timing. We essentially (almost single handedly) delayed Lebron's legacy over the last 8 years. Now Lebron is clearly in his prime and he is going to be dominant for the next 5 years at least. We are tanking at the absolute right time.

I think out future is bright and the Nets have made a grave mistake.