We have a 7-footer for next season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: We have a 7-footer for next season

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/2014/02/23/celtics-keep-close-tabs-draft-pick-colton-iverson-performance-turkey/PlLMfaAtBQk5Z19mzhKp7H/story.html?camp=rss:celtics&dlvrit=834394

SACRAMENTO — Celtics director of player personnel Austin Ainge trots around the globe as part of his international scouting duties, and he swung by Istanbul earlier this month to check in on Colton Iverson, whom the Celtics acquired in the second round of the 2013 draft.

The 7-foot Iverson is playing with Besiktas of the Turkish League, and in 18 games, he’s averaging 6.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists over 17.3 minutes per game.

[/QUOTE]

Well, good intent by Ainge. I hope colton is not the maing big for js

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Am up for it, no doubt. But dont we have a few picks this year? There has to be something out there within.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Embiid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

my understanding is he has a bit of a mean streak and delights in setting bone jarring picks. we've got room for some of that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

Dunno who he is really. Only saw a few clips but he seems mechanical ala Hollins. Is that the best draftee we can get?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

jabari >

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I would never use a 1 2 3 4 5 pick for a 7 footer...they tend to injure faster than any other position

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

jabari >

[/QUOTE]

embiid

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

Celts have Bass, Sully, Oly, Fav, and Joel Anthony under contract for next season.

Colton Iverson could also be signed next season.

That's why I don't get it when some Celtic fans here want to add Hump for 7-8m per year.

[/QUOTE]

we could sign trade hump right? just like what morey did to lee

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

Celts have Bass, Sully, Oly, Fav, and Joel Anthony under contract for next season.

That's why I don't get it when some Celtic fans here want to add Hump for 7-8m per year.

[/QUOTE]

Because they like what Hump has brought. I like what Hump has brought. But I agree there's too much of a log-jam at PF. If we could only get rid of Bass and Anthony..... But even then, we still have Olly and Sully. Hump as a backup C? Surely not a 3rd string PF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm starting to think the real tank comes next year.  Ainge said this year and next year's draft is very important to the team.  Could there be another house cleaning this summer?  Humphries is gone for sure.  Rondo?  Maybe.  I think Green will certainly be gone and Bass too.  Next year might be the real tank job.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because they like what Hump has brought. I like what Hump has brought. But I agree there's too much of a log-jam at PF. If we could only get rid of Bass and Anthony..... But even then, we still have Olly and Sully. Hump as a backup C? Surely not a 3rd string PF.

[/QUOTE]

7-8m per year for a backup Center?

[/QUOTE]

7-8m, not from us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I'm just saying his performance is why people want to hold on to him. Not his price-tag. And thanks for the Colton link.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Why spend 7-8m on Hump when Colton Iverson will only cost 1m?

Are the Celts going deep in the playoffs next season?

If not then develop players like Colton Iverson and Olynyk.

[/QUOTE]

Damn! I agree with u. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

sign and trade both hump and ab. thats my standpoint

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

Dunno who he is really. Only saw a few clips but he seems mechanical ala Hollins. Is that the best draftee we can get?

[/QUOTE]

He reminds me of Olajawon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sign and trade both hump and ab. thats my standpoint

[/QUOTE]

Who are we getting back? Unless they are an all star why not clear space for 2015?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How good can this Colton guy be? Cuz he's cheap don't mean he's good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am with you. I think Hump has brought a lot, that coming from me who didnt give him a chance. He has shown loyalty and desires of staying. To what extent, it will be interesting to see as usually $ talks.

Sections
Shortcuts