We have a 7-footer for next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Re: We have a 7-footer for next season

Develop develop develop. ... This is the NBA not the CBA or NCAA. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celts have Bass, Sully, Oly, Fav, and Joel Anthony under contract for next season.

Colton Iverson could also be signed next season.

That's why I don't get it when some Celtic fans here want to add Hump for 7-8m per year.

[/QUOTE]

Because they like what Hump has brought. I like what Hump has brought. But I agree there's too much of a log-jam at PF. If we could only get rid of Bass and Anthony..... But even then, we still have Olly and Sully. Hump as a backup C? Surely not a 3rd string PF.

[/QUOTE]

I am with you. I think Hump has brought a lot, that coming from me who didnt give him a chance. He has shown loyalty and desires of staying. To what extent, it will be interesting to see as usually $ talks.

[/QUOTE]

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Celts have Bass, Sully, Oly, Fav, and Joel Anthony under contract for next season.

That's why I don't get it when some Celtic fans here want to add Hump for 7-8m per year.

[/QUOTE]

How good can this Colton guy be? Cuz he's cheap don't mean he's good.

[/QUOTE]

At $1m he will be more than good enough for next season. His rebounding, hard picks, and outside shooting fit in well with Stevens system. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I can only picture another tanking year with Colton in the rotation.  Let's be clear, this is another move along the line of more future tanking if Colton is all there is to replace Hump.  Nothing wrong with that but there are obvious reasons why some people are not looking forward to that.

We probably will be around 4th from the bottom in terms of record this year, so what are we shooting for with that kind of move?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

So let's be clear, when you say we have a 7-footer next season, that is really not the case.  They are going through the motion for tanking again.  Colton is just one of the means to an end.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I also heard today that he said he wants the team and the fans to see progress and a sense that there is a reason to feel better next year (paraphrasing).  I understand the logic for being even worse next year, but he could take incremental step up also.  I am not certain which way for sure he will go this summer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can only picture another tanking year with Colton in the rotation.  Let's be clear, this is another move along the line of more future tanking if Colton is all there is to replace Hump.  Nothing wrong with that but there are obvious reasons why some people are not looking forward to that.

We probably will be around 4th from the bottom in terms of record this year, so what are we shooting for with that kind of move?

[/QUOTE]

I would think it's still about aquiring top young talent, next season as well. Even if we're lucky enough to get Jabrari or Joel in the draft, they alone wont catapult us into the playoffs with a chance of going deep into the playoffs. So with that kind of move, The C's would definately be saying it's all about developement and tanking still, IMO. Unless they feel Colton is actually ready to contribute. Though I think he'ld have trouble staying in games. Kinda like Royce White. Fouling out in 10 minutes of action. lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

I also heard today that he said he wants the team and the fans to see progress and a sense that there is a reason to feel better next year (paraphrasing).  I understand the logic for being even worse next year, but he could take incremental step up also.  I am not certain which way for sure he will go this summer.

[/QUOTE]

Shedding salary this summer to make a run at free agents in summer 2015 would certainly be seen, by me anyways, as a major step forward - think about it - combining a very good, young talent base with veteran free agents in the summer of 2015.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Celts are going to be a lottery team this season and next season.

Some Celtic fans here just refuse to believe that.

i'll cast my lot with that bunch, fiercy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WHY WAS COLTON IVERSON SENT TO TURKEY TO PLAY ?

AREN'T THERE OTHER EURO LEAGUES THAT ARE BETTER ?

NOT TO MENTION, WHY NOT JUST SEND HIM TO THE D LEAGUE ?????????????????????????

I THOUGHT THE D LEAGUE WAS EQUIVILENT TO ANY OF THE EURO, ISRAELI, CHINESE OR AUSTRALIAN LEAGUES ?

STILL, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS GUY GO UP AGAINST VITOR FAVORANI......PRESUMABLY, FAVORANI WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN IVERSON THAT HE HAS BEEN ON THE ROSTER ALL SEASON WITH TRIPS TO THE D LEAGUE ?????

SO I BEG TO DIFFER, DO WE HAVE A 7 FOOTER FOR NEXT SEASON ???????

IF IVERSON WAS ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS, THEN WHY DIDN'T HE PLAY IN THE D LEAGUE THIS SEASON ???? DID THE TURKISH TEAM PAY HIM BIG MONEY $$$$$$ ???

WHAT'S THE PAY LIKE IN THE D LEAGUE ??? I'M ASSUMING IT'S LESS THAN EURO OR CHINA ........

PS: I HOPE JOEL ANTHONY GETS A CHANCE AT SOME BIG MINUTES THE REST OF THE SEASON....WE NEED TO KNOW IF HE WILL BE PART OF NEXT SEASON"S TEAM !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celts are going to be a lottery team this season and next season.

Some Celtic fans here just refuse to believe that.

[/QUOTE]

This is where you fail as a board contributor. You speak as if its set in stone. Is not your opinion, it is you who hold the clue to everything fkn attitude that sucks. No offense, i like how you know the rules and are up to date with it all but you make everyone feel like they are wrong and you are right. Having said that, we are not far from making the playoffs in such a weak conference even more a weaker division. Plus we do have some good players. Seeing the celtics in the 2015 playoffs, does not sound that far from reality.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i realize the board is sick of rondo this, that, and the other and that this is an iverson thread, nonetheless the indicators are that ownership and DA want 9 here. as such, danny needs to get a competitive team together tout suite. ainge has that process well begun. Cs in lottery next year will be deemed a step back by ownership. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Why this sudden fascination with Colton?  I hope that he will become a NBA player some day.  Currently, he does not figure in my thoughts on Celtics future.  I just don't see how he will materially affect any decision that Danny will make next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my understanding is he has a bit of a mean streak and delights in setting bone jarring picks. we've got room for some of that.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...he'll give us what FAV can't...BTW, did FAV die or what?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why spend 7-8m on Hump when Colton Iverson will only cost 1m?

Are the Celts going deep in the playoffs next season?

If not then develop players like Colton Iverson and Olynyk.

[/QUOTE]

Damn! I agree with u. 

[/QUOTE]

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I agree with your agree...

Did FAV die or what?....LOL...I thought he was going to be our "5"...he's more like a minus 5...at least he hasn't swacked his head on the door frame and given himself a "Maine Concussion" like Melo did!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Because they like what Hump has brought. I like what Hump has brought. But I agree there's too much of a log-jam at PF. If we could only get rid of Bass and Anthony..... But even then, we still have Olly and Sully. Hump as a backup C? Surely not a 3rd string PF.

[/QUOTE]

I am with you. I think Hump has brought a lot, that coming from me who didnt give him a chance. He has shown loyalty and desires of staying. To what extent, it will be interesting to see as usually $ talks.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]
    Hey ya MITCH, how are ya?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I want to sign and trade Humphries for some value, the value that was not there at the deadline like you predicted it would be. 

Ainge came out and said there would be a lot more opportunities this summer.

You just want to beat this 'signing Humphries to a new contract is stupid' thing into the ground b/c you are on the record saying: "If Humphries is here past the deadline he is 100% GONE with the Celtics getting NOTHING!"

Clearly there is a good chance he is in a sign and trade and even a small chance he gets a new contract here, which you a terrified of seeing happen. Hahahaha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I want to sign and trade Humphries for some value, the value that was not there at the deadline like you predicted it would be. 

Ainge came out and said there would be a lot more opportunities this summer.

You just want to beat this 'signing Humphries to a new contract is stupid' thing into the ground b/c you are on the record saying: "If Humphries is here past the deadline he is 100% GONE with the Celtics getting NOTHING!"

Clearly there is a good chance he is in a sign and trade and even a small chance he gets a new contract here, which you a terrified of seeing happen. Hahahaha.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Boston Celtics Prospects: Colton Iverson Unimpressive Thus Far for Besiktas

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/02/09/boston-celtics-prospects-colton-iverson-unimpressive-thus-far-for-besiktas/

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:

Boston Celtics Prospects: Colton Iverson Unimpressive Thus Far for Besiktas

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/02/09/boston-celtics-prospects-colton-iverson-unimpressive-thus-far-for-besiktas/

But why listen to people in the know like this;

Iverson has a lot of skill, but he lacks the strength and the savvy to play at the NBA level right now. While you could say that he’s young and getting experience in Europe, he is already 24 years old due to transferring schools while in college, so the learning curve is a bit shorter than it would be for other players. All in all, if Iverson wants to join Boston nxt season, he’s going to have to show them more with his play with Besiktas."

when you can just follow FIERCY over a cliff???

[/QUOTE]

There are a lot more big men, current high school seniors, in next years deaft. Who knows, Embiid may stay in school one more year as well.

The only way Colton Iverson is getting serious minutes on this team is if the Celtics are seriously tanking again next year.

Other then obviously saying Rondo would be traded for an expiring contract and two unprotected 1st round picks, I can't see how the scenario in which this works out. Rondo won't sign with the Kings or Raptors, the Knicks and Pacers don't really have the assets and beyond Asik the Rockets don't either.

A team made of up PG's Pressey and a 1st round pick, SG's Avery and Chris Johnson, SF's Green and Wallace, PF's Sully and Olynynk and C's Favarani, Anthony and Iverson, plus another 1st rd pick (likely a wing player) and whatever contracts come back for Rondo and Bass would definitely make the 2015 Celtics tankers.

But really... where could Rondo go? An Asik-Green-Sully frontcourt with an NBA ready guard like Smart drafted likely keeps the C's out of the top 5 discussion next year.