We have a 7-footer for next season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: We have a 7-footer for next season

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

So let's be clear, when you say we have a 7-footer next season, that is really not the case.  They are going through the motion for tanking again.  Colton is just one of the means to an end.

[/QUOTE]

Ainge said it's about player development.

Sully, Oly, Fav, Joel Anthony, and Colton Iverson are all going to be a part of the Celtics next season.

So Hump is a luxury the Celts can't afford.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha .... what a stupid comment!!!!

Yeah Ainge wants to "develop" Joel Anthony ... he needs some experience so he can be more useful next season ... LOL!!!!

FIERCY makes 500 posts about how wrong everyone is and wait till the deadline and Bass and Hump will be gone in the name of tanking ....

And when he comes up snake eyes, what's he do?  He tries to convince the rest of the tanking crowd not to worry cuz next year we will "really tank."   Hahahaha!!!!!  Talk about moving the goal posts ... from this season to next seasons deadline ... a year out he needs now to be correct. I can't wait for him to be BACK TO BACK WRONG and take you loser tankers with him.

Are you guys nutz!!!  You really think Ainge is putting his ownership and fan base through this losing season to get into the best lottery in years so that he can do it again for 2015 by dumping his core a second time?!?!?!?!?!?  LOL!!! 

If this team isn't better after getting 1 or two lottery picks, having a $10MM TPE, Sully & Oly from the last two drafts, their core intact and another 10-20 picks in the coming years for tweaking, trading & dumping bad contracts then Danny won't be around to see the job completed. He needs to show progress from this seasons doings, not thinking about getting worse next season than we were/are this season ... You guys are trying to be right no matter how stupid you have to be to get there ... You're killing me!!!! 

Besides, Petey already told you that a frontcourt of Sully, Oly, Bass, Hump & Embiid, Asik or ??? sets your FC for some time. Anthony won't be here and Iverson won't be any better than Fav whose got something like 5 years experience in Europe before coming here. So how is Iverson gonna become better than Fav after playing one season in Europe???  Are you guys even thinking about what FIERCY is saying?????

Petey nailed it ... Until we get that BIG FA or develop an Embiid or other prospect we are gonna need more than Sully and Bass guarding the paint. Build upon the core we have and do some work with the wings as Petey suggests until things gel in another year or two. But if you insist ... here's to those that can't think for themselves ... Enjoy!!!

[/QUOTE]

How are the Cs going to sign a free agent? They'd need to be under the cap. All these sign and trades do is fill up the roster  with non all star players. They have to be under the cap to sign free agents.  Hump walking gets them closer to that point.

Sign and trading is very difficult finding a willing and able trade partner and one that has an asset that the Cs would want and the other team would be willing and able to trade. Just not that many steals out there. Hump would have been gone at the deadline or before if there were a lot. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Be nice Mployee. My head is not in the snow. I've treated you with respect. You've called me a lemming Just because I disagree with you. 

Sounds like you want to be a playoff team next year? Yes or no?

My preference is to repeat this year without Hump and AB if he does take the QO. That will give Danny the tools he needs to do his magic. It just takes another year. 

Do think a team with $20m in cap space, two top ten draftees, a top 20 draftee, and a core of Sully, Oly getting lots of minutes , come the summer of 2015 is worse than a team of 1 top 10 , a top 20 , another non lottery pick, with Sully, Oly, Bass, and Humpy once again splitting minutes ,with a lot less cap room? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I liked Iverson back in training camp and hoped he would get a roster spot since we were/are tanking anyway. Like BailyPowe says, he is a physical player and we don't seem to have a "no easy baskets" type of bruiser. I hope he is in summer league plans and beyond. So many of these young college centers lack the NBA body in terms of bulk.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

Dunno who he is really. Only saw a few clips but he seems mechanical ala Hollins. Is that the best draftee we can get?

[/QUOTE]

He reminds me of Olajawon.

[/QUOTE]

He does look good, but since the odds of getting him are like 10% or so at this point, I'd say a backup plan is a good idea. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Be nice Mployee. My head is not in the snow. I've treated you with respect. You've called me a lemming Just because I disagree with you. 

My preference is to repeat this year without Hump and AB if he does take the QO. That will give Danny the tools he needs to do his magic. It just takes another year. 

Do think a team with $20m in cap space, two top ten draftees, a top 20 draftee, and a core of Sully, Oly getting lots of minutes , come the summer of 2015 is worse than a team of 1 top 10 , a top 20 , another non lottery pick, with Sully, Oly, Bass, and Humpy once again splitting minutes ,with a lot less cap room? 

[/QUOTE]

No I don't want or expect to be a playoff team next year ... again, you should believe half of what you read (from FIERCY) and half of what you see!

Nobody, the season ticket holders and the ownership want to see another step backwards just cuz Fiercy & you do. We've already been bad for 2-3 years and we have far too many assets to not acquire players but continue to build more assets.

Sorry if you think I'm disrespectful but that's what you get from me when you want to be an ostrich or a lemming and can't look forward rather than back.

[/QUOTE] Now you call me an ostrich. Nice job Mployee. If you're happy winning 35-40 games and getting bumped out of the playoffs then good for you.  I'd rather have a top 5 pick this year and next.  We will be better in the long run.

I'll be forward looking about this time next year. Maybe a little later. Until then Tankapalooza must continue unless Danny some how trades for an allstar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Hump has played great (actually has the highest PER on the team) but he is turning 30, plays a position we are stacked at and will command decent money 6-8 mill per. How does he fit in a rebuild?

Colton Iversen is a brut, I watched him in summer league, but he is very raw and  very foul prone, but he doesnt really translate in todays nba (you need more mobile centers who can shoot a little bit) he could be a 3rd stringer center/ nbadl starter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Who knows we may draft another big man and his name isn't Embiid, Embid, Cauley Stein.

Name is Jusuf Nurkic. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Who knows we may draft another big man and his name isn't Embiid, Embid, Cauley Stein.

Name is Jusuf Nurkic. 

[/QUOTE]

His name could also be Clint Capela

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Name is Jusuf Nurkic. 

[/QUOTE]

His name could also be Clint Capela

[/QUOTE]
    Yes he's another  tall young one from Europe.   I believe Jusuf has a bigger body right now. 

I hope the Nets and Atlanta stumble a little. 

Its going to be fun watching those 15 through 20 picks on draft night.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my understanding is he has a bit of a mean streak and delights in setting bone jarring picks. we've got room for some of that.

[/QUOTE]

Im with you on that. A mean streak is something this team sorely lacks. I still think the C's should resign Hump though. He's not the most talented guy but he plays hard to the whistle and is willing mix it up in the paint for rebounds. Go Celtics!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This has Fungus all over...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Once Rondo gets traded on draft night, it will be a total rebuild.

Hump will sign with another team and the Celts get nothing.

AB will get 28-30m for 4 years.

Ainge is not going to let AB walk and the Celts get nothing.

Mployee's thinking that the Celts have too many assets is totally inaccurate.

The only asset the Celts have right now is Rondo.

See Fierce,

This is really going to play with Professor Mployee's head because he now has the great idea that I'm you, but, I'm going to disagree with you on the AB deal. If Ainge is really putting on a Tankapalooza 2 and wants to get into the free agent market in 2015 or 2016 then I think he lets AB walk if he doesn't accept the lower offer. 

It just means the rebuild is going to take longer than the professor wants. I think that's why he's getting frustrated. He wants instant gratification and he's not getting it. 

Hey, if I'm wrong then no big deal. Why get worked up. Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

C Iverson is a tough kid, with the ability to bang along with Vitor.  We need to ship some of the pretend centers and play real centers next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

C Iverson is a tough kid, with the ability to bang along with Vitor.  We need to ship some of the pretend centers and play real centers next year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree but, that's easier said than done. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I know one thing...Iverson woulod be better in the lane than Faux Hawk Fav....he'd be glad to lay the wood to someone currently getting easy hoops...he's a throwback to the days of Mahorn and Laimbeer.