We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!!

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!!:
    Come on, franquazi, don't manipulate the facts. Here: Peter John Ramos played last time at the Dleague  like 2 years ago.. He's playing right now in Puerto Rico with the Quebradillas Pirates after finishing his season in the China league..He can really play!! Your fellow Puerto Rican already said Peter John Ramos can't play in the NBA. Re: D-League All-Star Candidates: Centers posted at 3/15/2012 10:48 PM EDT franquazi Posts: 1168 First: 5/10/2005 Last: 3/22/2012 In Response to  D-League All-Star Candidates: Centers : Peter John Ramos played last time at the Dleague  like 2 years ago..He's playing right now in Puerto Rico with the Quebradillas Pirates after finishing his season in the China league..He can really play!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce give up man!! Can you tell me if every center right now with an nba contract can really play well in both ends??

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Hey Franquazi estos tipos a veces hay que educarlos porque hablan mucha mi....da sin saber de lo que hablan,Yo estoy de acuerdo 100% con tus comentarios.Yo tengo una pagina en facebook donde comento sobre los Celtics con unos amigos mios,te invito a que te unas a nosotros se llama.....fanaticos de los deportes.
    Posted by international

Good night puertorrican friend like Fierces likes to say when he talks about us..He's so ignorant that probably he doesn't know that puertorricans are US citizens since 1898 way before he was even born!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Ive been noticing little by little , this kid developing down low. Blocking shots,
    rebounding, and gradually making solidl plays defensively. Once he understands that he cant block every shot, he will stay aggressive without getting into early fowl trouble. I can tell, Kg has been working with him...It shows...If he gives us anything offensively, its a plus....He is starting to get some respect from the refs...too..Now if the new kid, listens, and learns as well is Steamer, we have a shot to make some noice....Heck even Bass is playing decent D...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

It is said that necessity is the mother of invention, and Greg Stiemsma appears to be that creation borne out of the Celtics rather desperate need for a big man. I hope that Doc continues to play him with KG in stretches. When they play together, the team defense and rebounding improves. Given regular playing time, Stiemsma will eventually learn to avoid foul trouble. Let's hope too that he stays healthy. At the moment, he's nursing a right foot injury.  I think DA should seriously consider signing this kid to a multi-year contract soon lest he gets pirated by another team in the off-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dom1983. Show dom1983's posts

stiemsma need to start move bass back to the bench then we have a more competive bench hollins would come out the bench and give kg and steimsma some rest down the stretch so they could be well rested come playoff time anything is possible once they there so it might not be a lost season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes he is..... But the STEAMER needs some help..... Rollins could be a guy that could give us  18-22 min per game, good minutes too !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

I'mdelighted with the way Stiemsma is adapting. I wish someone would give him a nickname; I go crazy trying to remember how to spell that last name. We still need more depth at center and hopefully Hollins will provide same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

IHn Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Hey Dudder part 2 may be i can answer that question for you.I am from Puerto Rico too.Peter John is by far the best center in our league that is loaded with ex lottery picks of the NBA...Mike Swettney,Patrick O' brient,Rashad Mcants,Rodney White,Chris Burgess,Julius Hodge and ex players like Rickie Davis,Kevin Pickney,Jerome James,James Maye,Mike Harris and in case you didn"t know our friend Leon Powe was just release because he played poorly in our league and the same happene las year with Antoine Walker and Marcus Fizer.The problem with Peter is that he is too slow to play in the nba because he cant defend the pick and roll because he lacks fundamentals.Our country has a rich history in sports ( the best second baseman and the best right field in the history of the mlb are from our island-Roberto alomar and Roberto Clemente.
    Posted by international

Que pasa International, please pardon my lack of Spanish, una poquito as you know......  I have the utmost respect for your people and am hopeful that at some point we could find room on the flag for a 51st state....  you know my position on the draft so we don't have to rehash it..... you can make mistakes drafting people in the lottery but getting any sort of legit player outside of the lottery is like a gift from heaven, but the only way you win titles is by having lots of players that were lottery picks... last year Dirk, Terry, Marion, Kidd, Chandler, etc. beat LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.... and 22 of this year's all-star team were lottery picks and they are the players that will be playing the finals.... there is much debate about whether the Cs can compete with the Bulls and the Heat..... so we are talking about whether KG, Ray, and Paul (all top 10 picks) can compete with Rose, Deng, Noah, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc. (all top 10 picks).......  then throw in Howard, Redick, Turkoglu, etc. oh and Joe Johnson, Horford, Hinrich, etc.........

4 best centers in the league (in no particular order) - Howard, Bynum, Lopez, Horford

4 best powerforwards in the league (in no particular order) - Aldridge, Bosh, Dirk, Griffin

4 best small forwards in the league (in no particular order) - LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Durant

4 best two guards in the league - Wade, Ray, Batum, Johnson

4 best point guards in the league - Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Williams.....

crazy how they were all lottery picks............   

Anyway, my best to you and your family and all of your loved ones and of course your people....  I was once delayed for a day in PR on my way to the Turks and Caicos and could not have been treated better by the people....  I will at some point spend some time there, once I learn some more Spanish....

Take care my friend....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

And how many of those players are still playing for the original team that drafted them???? Lebrons, Chandler, Kid, Allen, Kg??? Many get traded my friend...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Que pasa International, please pardon my lack of Spanish, una poquito as you know......  I have the utmost respect for your people and am hopeful that at some point we could find room on the flag for a 51st state....  you know my position on the draft so we don't have to rehash it..... you can make mistakes drafting people in the lottery but getting any sort of legit player outside of the lottery is like a gift from heaven, but the only way you win titles is by having lots of players that were lottery picks... last year Dirk, Terry, Marion, Kidd, Chandler, etc. beat LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.... and 22 of this year's all-star team were lottery picks and they are the players that will be playing the finals.... there is much debate about whether the Cs can compete with the Bulls and the Heat..... so we are talking about whether KG, Ray, and Paul (all top 10 picks) can compete with Rose, Deng, Noah, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc. (all top 10 picks).......  then throw in Howard, Redick, Turkoglu, etc. oh and Joe Johnson, Horford, Hinrich, etc......... 4 best centers in the league (in no particular order) - Howard, Bynum, Lopez, Horford 4 best powerforwards in the league (in no particular order) - Aldridge, Bosh, Dirk, Griffin 4 best small forwards in the league (in no particular order) - LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Durant 4 best two guards in the league - Wade, Ray, Batum, Johnson 4 best point guards in the league - Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Williams..... crazy how they were all lottery picks............    Anyway, my best to you and your family and all of your loved ones and of course your people....  I was once delayed for a day in PR on my way to the Turks and Caicos and could not have been treated better by the people....  I will at some point spend some time there, once I learn some more Spanish.... Take care my friend....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Sorry Dudder:Nothin personal with you as a person,just that i don"t like your theory of lottery picks are the only players that can helps teams to win.You must agree with me that for a long time scouting in the sports have been terrible and a lottery pick doesn"t guaranty you the best player.That"s the reason players like Ginobili,Parker ,Monta Ellis,Rondo ,Boozer,Lin,Illiazova,Nash,and a list of many others are key players on their teams...Did you Know that the best player in MLB right now(Albert Pujols) was taken in the last round of the draft?But i have to be fair with you and i have to admit that you always treat me well and i am proud to be your friend .Tell me how are your children?Its been a long time since we talked about them ,they must be at high school or university.Say hello to them in my name.And excuse for my behavior.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Hey Franquazi estos tipos a veces hay que educarlos porque hablan mucha mi....da sin saber de lo que hablan,Yo estoy de acuerdo 100% con tus comentarios.Yo tengo una pagina en facebook donde comento sobre los Celtics con unos amigos mios,te invito a que te unas a nosotros se llama.....fanaticos de los deportes.
    Posted by international

You are absolutely correct!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I LIKE STIEMSMA BUT WE NEED D. HOWARD TO BE TITLE CONTENDERS !!!

The Lakers had been formidable recently with only 3 stars, Kobe, Bynum & Gasol, but now with Sessions have improved.  The last few years, and I’m not Sherlock Holmes here, the Lakers have been competitive because of the dominance of their big men. Bynum & Gasol are the 2 best big men in the game, individually not as good as D.Howard, but together the best duo in the game.  Hate to bring it up but(forget the egregious diff in foul shots 41-18), they are the reason we lost game 7 two years ago. We shot 40% and they 32% but their rebounding gave them extra shots.  Against the Mavs the other night they got 46 rebs to 29…wow +17 !!!  This proves to me we need a dominating Center and the only one out there is D.Howard. I mean look at the Magic, they don’t have any other stars like our Big 3,  Kobe, Westbook & Durant, Rose, Wade & LeBron etc. but they are still competitive because of their BIG MAN !!! When was the last time the Celtics really dominated for years ? It was big man era of Parrish, McHale & Bird…yup they had some great supporting cast too.

We must do everything possible to get D. Howard, Keep Stiemsma & draft a potential star center. I don’t feel Kaman and Hollins are the answer to dominance. They’ll make us better but not contenders for the title !!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Que pasa International, please pardon my lack of Spanish, una poquito as you know......  I have the utmost respect for your people and am hopeful that at some point we could find room on the flag for a 51st state....  you know my position on the draft so we don't have to rehash it..... you can make mistakes drafting people in the lottery but getting any sort of legit player outside of the lottery is like a gift from heaven, but the only way you win titles is by having lots of players that were lottery picks... last year Dirk, Terry, Marion, Kidd, Chandler, etc. beat LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.... and 22 of this year's all-star team were lottery picks and they are the players that will be playing the finals.... there is much debate about whether the Cs can compete with the Bulls and the Heat..... so we are talking about whether KG, Ray, and Paul (all top 10 picks) can compete with Rose, Deng, Noah, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc. (all top 10 picks).......  then throw in Howard, Redick, Turkoglu, etc. oh and Joe Johnson, Horford, Hinrich, etc......... 4 best centers in the league (in no particular order) - Howard, Bynum, Lopez, Horford 4 best powerforwards in the league (in no particular order) - Aldridge, Bosh, Dirk, Griffin 4 best small forwards in the league (in no particular order) - LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Durant 4 best two guards in the league - Wade, Ray, Batum, Johnson 4 best point guards in the league - Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Williams..... crazy how they were all lottery picks............    Anyway, my best to you and your family and all of your loved ones and of course your people....  I was once delayed for a day in PR on my way to the Turks and Caicos and could not have been treated better by the people....  I will at some point spend some time there, once I learn some more Spanish.... Take care my friend....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dudders post must be THE leading candidate for dumbest post of the year.

Small forwards- Durant,LBJ,Granger, Melo, Gay. Kobe's a sg....duh! Pierce=10th-15th.

Guards- Kobe, Wade, DRose, CP3. Ray Allen- 15-20th!

Ugh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Dudders post must be THE leading candidate for dumbest post of the year. Small forwards- Durant,LBJ,Granger, Melo, Gay. Kobe's a sg....duh! Pierce=10th-15th. Guards- Kobe, Wade, DRose, CP3. Ray Allen- 15-20th! Ugh!
    Posted by Elven 32

Not to mention he listed Aldridge over both Tim Duncan and Pau Gasol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Not to mention he listed Aldridge over both Tim Duncan and Pau Gasol.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

He also loses points by being so patronizing about how he was treated by "your people" in Puerto Rico. He obviously was afraid he was going to be roofied and that he was going to wake up missing a kidney.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I don't like Howard. I'd rather have Hibbert.
    Posted by Kirk6

Dude you are crazy.  You could ask every gm in the league who they would take and it would be unanimous.  Don't be silly Kirk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Dudders post must be THE leading candidate for dumbest post of the year. Small forwards- Durant,LBJ,Granger, Melo, Gay. Kobe's a sg....duh! Pierce=10th-15th. Guards- Kobe, Wade, DRose, CP3. Ray Allen- 15-20th! Ugh!
    Posted by Elven 32

Those shootings guards aren't like KOME - they don't go 3-20 and 5-28 from the field.  Kome probably makes the top ten though,  probably around 10.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : Not being silly, Howard is a loser.
    Posted by Kirk6

Why do youi call him a loser...be specific.  He hasn't won a title. Did you read my post when I said he has never had a supporting cast like our Big 3,  Kobe, Westbook & Durant, Rose, Wade & LeBron etc. but the Magic are still always competitive ONLY because of this BIG MAN !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In Response to We have a center and his name is Greg Stiemsma!! : I have been saying this for months.   Greg Stiemsma the Steamer, is playing very well for his first year in the league, if Boston is not interested there will be othhe teams willing to give him minutes.  Kg and Steamer on the court at the same time for stetches is worth looking at, as far as I am concerned if KG can be resigned for reasomable money we should do that now and play them together , then mabey in the playoffs and next year we would look like a NBA team.
    Posted by Kirk6

Sections
Shortcuts