We have no deep threat, but I like our defensive potential

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We have no deep threat, but I like our defensive potential

This team as it stands will have no trouble defending, but scoring and rebounding are going to plague us. We only have two reliable scorers (Rondo and Brooks) When we had Pierce, Garnett, Ray, Rondo, Nate, (5 reliable scorers) we had trouble scoring.

This will be a long season without more outstanding inside or outside shooting. Both are needed. Deep threats are a high priority in order to open the paint for KO, Sullinger, Rondo and Pressey.

I like Wallace and Green locking up wing players and tag teaming Lebron. Lovely!!

Wallace is a slasher and he will need to play with bigs that shoot from deep to be most effective.

Starters- Rondo, Bradley, Wallace, Green, Humphries. (Small, fast, and versatile) Jeff is not much smaller than Horace Grant was when he first started at PF.

2nd team- Pressey, Brooks, Lee, Sullinger, KO

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: We have no deep threat, but I like our defensive potential

Olnyk will be a scorer.........great mid range shot...

defense from him will probably be his Achilles though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Huh? I think you have it backwards. Green, Olynyk, Bradley, Sullinger, Lee, Brooks, Crawford all have shooting range beyond the arc. Sullinger, Humphries, Wallace, Olynyk, Green will provide competitive rebounding. 

As for defense...the Cs lost their most important defensive player from the last 6 seasons. Rondo played matador defense last year. Bradley is good. Green is good. They have no post defense at all. Expect a huge defensive drop off this season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I did say potential, right? There's a chance it doesn't materialize. I hope Marshon challenges for the starting 2 guard. With experience and development I think he can be as good as Joe Johnson.

I hope his confidence is still intact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

When I say deep threat I mean Ray Allen, Kyle Korver, Curry and Thompson, Belinelli level deep threats. Not guys that can get lucky!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff better start working on his post defense and box outs!!!

I forgot we still have Bass! We should be moving him instead of Wallace for that deep threat!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Huh? I think you have it backwards. Green, Olynyk, Bradley, Sullinger, Lee, Brooks, Crawford all have shooting range beyond the arc. Sullinger, Humphries, Wallace, Olynyk, Green will provide competitive rebounding. 

As for defense...the Cs lost their most important defensive player from the last 6 seasons. Rondo played matador defense last year. Bradley is good. Green is good. They have no post defense at all. Expect a huge defensive drop off this season. 

None are great shooters yet though. Bradly hit a little over 30% of his threes last year, Sullinger and KO have shown in summer league they can hit the shot (although neither shot a great percentage from downtown.) 

Now, Green and Lee both are pretty solid from deep, but not spectacular. 

Still the focus is on player development, not on the Heat.  Not this year anyway. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Humphries should have no chance of taking Sully's or KO's minutes.  Kelly's fine team play and all around skills will have many whispering the Bird comparisons.  If Sully has his full movement back, he will be one fine rebouner and  also  a fine team player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

J. green was a 38% 3 pt shooter

C. Lee a 37% 3 pt shooter

Bradley, Brooksand Crawford are career 30% 3 shooters

Wallacec USED ot be rpetty good but has been dropping as he ages to under 30% last year.

Pierce was 38%

terry was 37%

40% is damn near elite (allen was 42% last year)

so YES we need one more soldi 3 pt shooter on this team (or we need to HOPE that Bradley, Brooks or Crawford improve a lot).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

This team as it stands will have no trouble defending, but scoring and rebounding are going to plague us. We only have two reliable scorers (Rondo and Brooks) When we had Pierce, Garnett, Ray, Rondo, Nate, (5 reliable scorers) we had trouble scoring.

This will be a long season without more outstanding inside or outside shooting. Both are needed. Deep threats are a high priority in order to open the paint for KO, Sullinger, Rondo and Pressey.

I like Wallace and Green locking up wing players and tag teaming Lebron. Lovely!!

Wallace is a slasher and he will need to play with bigs that shoot from deep to be most effective.

Starters- Rondo, Bradley, Wallace, Green, Humphries. (Small, fast, and versatile) Jeff is not much smaller than Horace Grant was when he first started at PF.

2nd team- Pressey, Brooks, Lee, Sullinger, KO

I hope they dont click right now.We need to get low in the lottery.I,m stating to worry.Too many good players in the roster.The ideia is to develop the young players and hit the lottery 1-4.Go celtics

Sections
Shortcuts