We Have To Be Patient

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: We Have To Be Patient

What about in 2006 when we were dead last then won the next year in 2007? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'm keeping faith that it's a 3 year plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The Heat won the finals in 2006, then made it back to the last three with the only common players being Wade and Haslem. They were the #2 pick in 2008. I'd consider that a complete rebuild and a very good turnaround.

I won't count the Spurs, because their core was there most of their long run, but you could even count the Mavs. They had Dirk both times, but I don't think much else.

There's been a couple of teams to do it...even with the dynasties that have been going the past...oh...30 years.  I'm not sure what you're meaning in this topic I guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since the inception of the salary cap, the only team to make it back to the Finals from one generation to the next is the Lakers.

The Magic Johnson led Lakers went to the Finals in 1991 and the next time the Lakers made it back to the Finals was in 2000 with Shaq.

Basketball is not like baseball or football.

That's why it took Lebron 9 years to win a championship.

There are Celtic fans here who want a Rondo-Love tandem.

Rondo and Love versus Lebron or Durant?

Just because Ainge was able to pull a rabbit out of a hat in 2007, it doesn't mean Ainge can do it every time he wants to.

The other NBA teams are not in the business of helping the Boston Celtics win championships.

I think this rebuild will take more than 3 years.

And the next time the Celts will be in the Finals is not earlier than 2019 or 2020.

We have to be patient.

[/QUOTE]

love-asik combo would be better. drafting stauskas or napier would be nice. signing stephenson and bringing back pierce would be great.

napier

stephenson

green/pierce

love/oly

asik/fav

thats my ideal team

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I would agree with this.

unless we build a team with 4 really good players or get a stud with 3 good players no one is winning a ring in the next 5 years outside Lebron/Durant

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I completey disagree. The East is wide open right now.

I think the Celtics could do as little as draft well and trade Bass/PHI 1st/LAC 1st for Asik and we could earn a 7th or 8th seed.

3 Year Rebuild to me could look like this:

Year 0: Lottery (2013-14)

Year 1: Make playoffs (7th-8th seed)

Year 2: Win division 4th seed

Year 3: Make Finals

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Next year this team makes the playoffs:

Rondo, Pressey

Bradley, Johnson, Stauskas

Green, Wallace

Sullinger, Gordon

Asik, Olynyk, Iverson

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

He said 3+ years of a rebuild ... not contend for a ring ... Extrapolate what he's saying. Rebuild 3-4 years, 1st taste of playoffs in year 4 maybe and then another 2 years to get back to contention or 7-10 yrs right where he started over a year ago ... right Fierceless?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, 3 years to rebuild.

This season, next season, and the last year of the rebuild will be in 2015-16.

After that, the Celts will be a playoff team.

The Celts last made the Finals in 2010.

So 2019 or 2020 sounds about right.

Think about it, Oly and Sully will still 27 or 28 years old in 2019 and 2020.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not seeing any championships with the current group without an allstar being added. They need to dump players with salaries- GW, Green, Bass, Hump, Joel Anthony, and maybe AB. With those, how are you getting an allstar? Who would want them if a lottery team doesn't want them? Maybe throw in Oly or Sully? Both? Then what are you left with? Throw some of the lottery picks? Then what do you have left?

Oh. Rondo's left. He wants the maximum salary. So now you have an allstar and an overpaid point guard.  Can you convince a third allstar to take a pay cut to join the Cs? Probably not. How are you winning a championship with Rondo and Love?

Let's hear your plan Mployee. Who are they trading and who are they getting? Who are they going to have left?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is about the 50th time that Fungus has posted the exact same post word for word except for the addition of the Rondo-Love, LeBron or Durant line ...

We heard you the first time and no matter how many times you post it, it has no credibility cuz;

A) Ten years is not a generation ... It's a "DECADE!"

B) As already mentioned, Danny already did a worse to first in 2007 and he's not estopped from doing it again just because he did it once before.

C) Some teams are forced to do business with their adversaries cuz that's the nature of the sport. If you're at risk of losing an asset you have to find a trade partner that can give you something of fair value in return. It just so happens that Danny has the assets that others may be interested in trading for ... who wants to do business with the Lakers but it still happens every year. Teams will always make a trade if they think they are getting the better end of the deal. Danny thinks he made out with Bayless and Memphis no doubt thinks they made out with Lee.

D) If you are inclined to think that Rondo will be traded on draft night and the team will be rebuilt via the draft rather than trades then your fear of a lengthy rebuild makes sense. But, to date there's no evidence that is the case or Danny would have dumped some of his core players at the deadline ... Bass, Hump, Bradley, Green etc but he didn't.

Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Mployee

The reason why people here don't believe you anymore is because you already have become the laughing stock of this board.

I mean all your A, B, and Cs are worthless because for the last 4 years, you didn't get anything right!

Come on, people here don't believe it when you and rame say it's possible the Jazz will trade Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony and picks.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!! Same case here of the elephant calling the donkey big ears... LMAO!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Only in your dreams pal ... that's what "you'd" like to believe but you don't hear anyone backing you up when you dish that BS out ... Do you?

Keep hoping ... one of these times you'll get something right ... HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

It's not a dream.

Let's start when you officially became rame's lemming.

Last July rame said there's no way the Celts would win less than 36 games.

You agreed and said you think the Celts will win 32 games.

Didn't happen, right?

Then you kept saying Hump for Asik.

Didn't happen, right?

You kept making threads about Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes to Boston.

Didn't happen, right?

You said Ainge would be a buyer.

Didn't happen, right?

And you said tankapalooza is officially over.

Didn't happen, right?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait, wait. Didn't you say Ainge would do the tanking for Stevens by trading "the tradables" as you guaranteed by trading Bass, Humphries??? Are Bass and Humphries traded yet???? 

HAHSHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Talk about laughing stock...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts