We Have To Be Patient

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: We Have To Be Patient

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is about the 50th time that Fungus has posted the exact same post word for word except for the addition of the Rondo-Love, LeBron or Durant line ...

We heard you the first time and no matter how many times you post it, it has no credibility cuz;

A) Ten years is not a generation ... It's a "DECADE!"

B) As already mentioned, Danny already did a worse to first in 2007 and he's not estopped from doing it again just because he did it once before.

C) Some teams are forced to do business with their adversaries cuz that's the nature of the sport. If you're at risk of losing an asset you have to find a trade partner that can give you something of fair value in return. It just so happens that Danny has the assets that others may be interested in trading for ... who wants to do business with the Lakers but it still happens every year. Teams will always make a trade if they think they are getting the better end of the deal. Danny thinks he made out with Bayless and Memphis no doubt thinks they made out with Lee.

D) If you are inclined to think that Rondo will be traded on draft night and the team will be rebuilt via the draft rather than trades then your fear of a lengthy rebuild makes sense. But, to date there's no evidence that is the case or Danny would have dumped some of his core players at the deadline ... Bass, Hump, Bradley, Green etc but he didn't.

Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Mployee

The reason why people here don't believe you anymore is because you already have become the laughing stock of this board.

I mean all your A, B, and Cs are worthless because for the last 4 years, you didn't get anything right!

Come on, people here don't believe it when you and rame say it's possible the Jazz will trade Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony and picks.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!! Same case here of the elephant calling the donkey big ears... LMAO!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

GK

how are the Lakers going to get up from the bottom even with that top 3 pick this year? 

Kobe will come back but, he will have lost a step. Nash may be back unless hes traded. Then what? Kobe's not playing for the lottery if he plays so no picks next year. If they don't improve next year he's going to hang them over a barrel and demand more pay or he will run to Phil. So how are they going to move back to the top? Kevin Love? He can't carry them. Might get you offense and stats and keep some seats in the stands warm but, he isn't no game changer.

Lets  hear your plan? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

[QUOTE]

What about in 2006 when we were dead last then won the next year in 2007? 

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, a deal like that rarely happens.

The last time the Celts made a deal like that was back in 1980 when Red traded for Parish and McHale.

So from 1980 to 2007, that's 27 years.

For example, why would the Wolves give Kevin Love to the Celts?

For Sullinger and picks?

The Wolves GM would be fired for doing that.

The new salary cap rules gives the Wolves the edge to re-sign Love because the Wolves can offer Love more money.

[/QUOTE]

You that you would lose very little having Sully compared to Love.  You have even called Sully , "Kevin Love of the East" .   So why is that so far out of the question to swap Love and Sully?   Your statements my friend, not mine.  Why would their GM be fired if the Sully and Love are so comparable?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How many players were left from the '02 Lakers on the '08 Lakers?

Just Kobe and Fisher (who played in GS and Utah in between)

The Celtics may be looking at that model, but unfortunately Rondo is not Kobe. LA didn't have any free agent money either, but they did use ONE lotto pick, other late round draft picks and assets from the Shaq trade to add their 2nd-4th best players in Gasol, Bynum and Odom.

The C's could do the same thing.

Depends on if Ainge believes in Rondo or not. Perhaps teams are not going to 'help' the Celtics in the sense of the Grizz totally helping LA get Gasol... but Sully, and three 1st rd picks, including one in the 4-7 range this year, for Love, would be a offer that helps the Wolves.

I am not huge on Love, but if you also get Asik and STILL have other assets to use plus summer of 2016 cap space... this team could contend as LeBron hits age 30. Wade is almost done, same age PP was in '10 with more injury concerns. OKC doesn't give Durant the help he deserves. Cheaps out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

No mention of the Nets trade giving up Pierce and KG? That was the start of the Tankapalooza. 

Honestly Mployee, you thought Danny was going to turn what was left of the bunch into a playoff team this year or you thought they were going for the lottery? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Also, everybody with knowledge of what the word 'generation' means, knows it is a 20 year period.

It doesn't change the gist of what Fiercy is saying about patience and waiting until 2019 or so.

But he is wrong that LA is the only team to get back to Finals within a generation.

Seattle ('79-'96)

Detroit ('90-'04)

Houston ('86-'94, can't believe Fiercy blew this one)

and

Philly ('83-'01)

are four examples off the top of my head. Maybe the only four, but still, the idea that only one franchise returned to the finals 'within a generation' is 100% FALSE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Spurs have also been in the finals, similar to the Rockets, over a time period spanning 14 years, '99-'13, with only Duncan, just like Olajuwon, remaining on the team from the first visit.

If you say the word 'generation' you must know you are talking about a time period of 20 years and that is what people will think you are talking about.

If you want to specify two seperate 'era's' involving two different superstars (or 'big 3's') then you need to specify that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I completely agree with M8's ABC's.  Writing a thread about how we have to be patient, when not only did a team go from worst-to-first less than ten years ago, but this team happens to be OUR team?

Nice thread though.  What else do we have to patiently wait for?  Running water?  A wireless device to turn on the tv?

M8- In the event of a 3-way tie (UTAH-BOS-LA), and results from the lottery = 1) MIL 2) PHI 3) ORL-- How do they decide who picks 4th?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

[QUOTE]

Since the inception of the salary cap, the only team to make it back to the Finals from one generation to the next is the Lakers.

The Magic Johnson led Lakers went to the Finals in 1991 and the next time the Lakers made it back to the Finals was in 2000 with Shaq.

Basketball is not like baseball or football.

That's why it took Lebron 9 years to win a championship.

There are Celtic fans here who want a Rondo-Love tandem.

Rondo and Love versus Lebron or Durant?

Just because Ainge was able to pull a rabbit out of a hat in 2007, it doesn't mean Ainge can do it every time he wants to.

The other NBA teams are not in the business of helping the Boston Celtics win championships.

I think this rebuild will take more than 3 years.

And the next time the Celts will be in the Finals is not earlier than 2019 or 2020.

We have to be patient.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, are you Red-Russ?  You seem to be a Laker fan too... We DON'T care about the Lakers. This is a Celtics forum. Quit glorifying our rival. Come on!!

Stay chill!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We wil be patients before we we will be patient.  Patience, were talking about patience?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We wil be patients before we we will be patient.  Patience, were talking about patience?

[/QUOTE]

+1

Stay chill!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I completely agree with M8's ABC's.  Writing a thread about how we have to be patient, when not only did a team go from worst-to-first less than ten years ago, but this team happens to be OUR team?

Nice thread though.  What else do we have to patiently wait for?  Running water?  A wireless device to turn on the tv?

M8- In the event of a 3-way tie (UTAH-BOS-LA), and results from the lottery = 1) MIL 2) PHI 3) ORL-- How do they decide who picks 4th?

[/QUOTE]

Head to head

Then best record vs. conference

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Head to head

Then best record vs. conference

[/QUOTE]

So we lost twice to the lakers.  We split vs Utah, and we have a better conf record....so, according to you the order would be Utah, BOS, LAL.............is that right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

A generation is typically 25-35 years (the average age when women gets pregnant).

I sport a generaton is typically shorter as an average NBA player last only years 6 years and star players have prime of << 15 years.

You could argue that a generation if you talking about a franchise is the change from 1 (or 2/3) franchise player(s) to the other. So Mavs 2006 and 2011 were still the same generation as Dirk was their star in both years (same for the Spurs with Duncan). The Lakers of Magic and Shaq were not.

It is all discuable.

What is most likely: We have to be patient. We don't even have a new Pierce yet, even if Ainge gets us a KG and a new Ray within a year (which is unlikely) we are not as good as in 2007/8.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

1 title in 30 years

At my age, it's likely that I won't live to see another Banner raised.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would agree with this.

unless we build a team with 4 really good players or get a stud with 3 good players no one is winning a ring in the next 5 years outside Lebron/Durant

[/QUOTE]

He said 3+ years of a rebuild ... not contend for a ring ... Extrapolate what he's saying. Rebuild 3-4 years, 1st taste of playoffs in year 4 maybe and then another 2 years to get back to contention or 7-10 yrs right where he started over a year ago ... right Fierceless?

[/QUOTE]

I think this plan is realistic and likely...only DA knowsx what he's going to do, or WANTS to do....he's getting more Belichik-like every year...faqints, fakes, false info and BANG, a huge surprise nobody expects...he's proven in the past to be willing to trade anyone, do anything to make the team better....I'm willing to wait and see what he does...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would agree with this.

unless we build a team with 4 really good players or get a stud with 3 good players no one is winning a ring in the next 5 years outside Lebron/Durant

[/QUOTE]

He said 3+ years of a rebuild ... not contend for a ring ... Extrapolate what he's saying. Rebuild 3-4 years, 1st taste of playoffs in year 4 maybe and then another 2 years to get back to contention or 7-10 yrs right where he started over a year ago ... right Fierceless?

[/QUOTE]

I think this plan is realistic and likely...only DA knowsx what he's going to do, or WANTS to do....he's getting more Belichik-like every year...faqints, fakes, false info and BANG, a huge surprise nobody expects...he's proven in the past to be willing to trade anyone, do anything to make the team better....I'm willing to wait and see what he does...

[/QUOTE]

AMEN bro!

Stay chill!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would agree with this.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1   but it's still for us to play GM!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamar. Show hedleylamar's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1 title in 30 years

At my age, it's likely that I won't live to see another Banner raised.

[/QUOTE]

That's OK bro. At least we are loyal to the green.

Stay chill!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jgallag1's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Heat won the finals in 2006, then made it back to the last three with the only common players being Wade and Haslem. They were the #2 pick in 2008. I'd consider that a complete rebuild and a very good turnaround.

I won't count the Spurs, because their core was there most of their long run, but you could even count the Mavs. They had Dirk both times, but I don't think much else.

There's been a couple of teams to do it...even with the dynasties that have been going the past...oh...30 years.  I'm not sure what you're meaning in this topic I guess.

[/QUOTE]

Not the same.

What I said was from one generation to the next.

The Heat had Wade in 2006 and Wade is still in Miami right now.

What I specifically said was from one generation to the next.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by generation then. The Celtics have won in pretty much every generation...if you're saying they HAVE to wait a generation to win, then you'd be right in saying they won't win for the next 6 years or so, because they would have the same generation of players on the team/in the league. But there's no reason to wait that long if they can rebuild before? I guess I just don't understand the topic, or what point you're really trying to make.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Do you remember Fat Freddy Scolari?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jgallag1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by generation then. The Celtics have won in pretty much every generation...if you're saying they HAVE to wait a generation to win, then you'd be right in saying they won't win for the next 6 years or so, because they would have the same generation of players on the team/in the league. But there's no reason to wait that long if they can rebuild before? I guess I just don't understand the topic, or what point you're really trying to make.

[/QUOTE]

Last Celtics team to make the Finals had Pierce, KG, Ray, and Rondo.

If Rondo gets traded then that means the Celts will build through the draft.

That also means the Celts will not be in the Finals for the next 4-5 years.

[/QUOTE]

That isn't guaranteed...but possible. I'd rather see a blend of what the Heat and the Thunder have been doing. The draft is key to building and sustaining success, but that needs to be combined with pulling in free agents. If Rondo gets traded for picks and pieces, which I wholeheartedly support, that doesn't mean next offseason DA won't go after a big vet FA or two to bring the leadership into a locker room full of kids. That being said, I hardly think that the period between last year and 5 years from now is a "generation".

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts