We have two good Centers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We have two good Centers

Fav is as good as any of them and KO is beginning to toughen up and he looks better.  By next year they could be a center power forward combo that is very good.  Bradlely plays hard but he is not a point, he has declined several times tonight against Memphis to throw the ball inside to open men.  He is bind because he is looking for his shot.  Jeff is scoreing tonight but has not broken a sweat in the first quarter, he is very good at standing in one spot.  Crawford clearly gave us a lift and got us in the game when he came in for Bradley.  Bass is playing very hard but may be a bit overmatched , a lot like Sully.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: We have two good Centers

We have one good center (Fav) and one young power forward who could be very good if he grows in Oly.

Memphis has two good centers and they played both of them (32+35 minutes respectively) to neutralize Fav and generally outmuscle the C's.

Avery Bradley will make a very good back up shooting guard for some team, maybe even a back up point guard if the team has a small forward who can pass, but he might be the single worst point guard in the NBA, he couldn't create a turd with a bottle of elax and a full course meal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AHHHH...I wouldn't call it neutralizing...I'd call it DOMINATING

Yes, Fav has potential...but he's not with the big boys...and won't be for a long while...

[/QUOTE]

One center no matter how good can't play against two really good centers, Memphis is a really good team and unlike the Celtics using Bradley, Mike Conley is actually a real point guard.  

Three players for Memphis had more assists than Bradley, two of our players who aren't point guards had as many or more assists than Bradley, as a team Memphis had 9 more assists than the C's.

I'd suggest removing your head from your azz...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Fav will improve a lot when Rond comes back.He need a point guard to feed him the right way.He can play very well in a uptempo game.Give him time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Redsarmy had an intersting article about that. His plus minus numbers are terrible. 

http://redsarmy.com/2013/11/05/vitor-faveranis-impact-not-as-good-as-you-might-think/

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy and think he could become a very solid player, but it's too to early annoit him the next great center. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Fav is a backup C

Bradley is a rotation G

KO is a PF, in my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Redsarmy had an intersting article about that. His plus minus numbers are terrible. 

http://redsarmy.com/2013/11/05/vitor-faveranis-impact-not-as-good-as-you-might-think/

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy and think he could become a very solid player, but it's too to early annoit him the next great center. 

[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, his PER of 22.99 is 53rd best in the league and second best on the Celtics after 3 games.  

Yes, too early, but he shows decent athleticism, decent speed, good hands and can score in the paint.  Looks better right now than Perk ever did on offense.  He still needs lots of work on positioning and D.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I noticed that too!

I mean wozzy can't stand it if somone disagrees with him.

HAHAHA

He goes BEEEZRK...he does it on the football threads as well...I can't stand self appointed experts who know more than  everyone else....at least be open to someone else's oipinion ...as they say, "if it don't apply, let it fly"...don't react to everything everyone says or writes if you don't agree with them or if you are assured of your stance...let it go...life's too short...

[/QUOTE]

Yup. An obnoxious self annointed know-it-all.

An anti-Stuart Smiley, but with all the psychosis!!!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

This thread ahs only to do with Centers, not PG's...and you spend all day telling people they are "backtcracking"..get a grip GM Woz...

I's suggest you learn the game and what it takes to win as a big man in the NBA...Fav will never ever be more thAN A DECENT BACK-UP BIGMAN...AS LONG AS HE STARTS HE'LL BE ABSOLUTE CANNON FODDER FOR good nba BIGMEN..ADMIT IT... (OOPS, CAPS, SORRY)..AND STOP WITH THE ANGRY MAN ROUTINE...GROW UP wOZ...YOU CAN'T STAND HAVING ANYONE DISAGREE WITH you...LMFAO @ U

[/QUOTE]

Yeah because how would having a good point guard have any effect on our centers or any of our other players for that matter?  To say you know nothing about team sports would be a gross understatement.

I could give a rats azz whether you agree or disagree with me, in fact with your overall reputation I'd prefer you didn't, I tend to know I'm on the correct course when you disagree with me.

I have long standing relationships with well respected posters who I have debates with.  Then there those who, when it's been pointed out that they're blatently wrong, post memes with lizards and other lazy retorts (LOLOLOL) like you and Fierce who puts words in my mouth, dodges, evades and welshs on bets when pushed into a corner. 

I also love how you can read emotion in these threads, as if I'm on the other end of this keyboard getting angry...lolololol, I wish you could hear me laugh out loud at your responses and your need for an eight hour rebuttal when I typically respond to your drivel in two minutes.

Enjoy living in dream land and having a circle jerk with Fierce (great name btw, would go over great in P town) watching this team purposely tank and telling yourself how great it is that you were "right," I wonder how you judge "right" when the team is going out of their way to lose?

But then I guess you can empathize with a loser can't you... I can hear your mom calling you to take out the trash, get out of the basement and get it done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hump should be our starting C right now

Bradley, Green, Wallace, Bass and Hump

Crawford, Lee, Sully, KO and Fav  should be the only guys playing right now.

Plenty to mix and match there, until DA makes a trade

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This thread ahs only to do with Centers, not PG's...and you spend all day telling people they are "backtcracking"..get a grip GM Woz...

I's suggest you learn the game and what it takes to win as a big man in the NBA...Fav will never ever be more thAN A DECENT BACK-UP BIGMAN...AS LONG AS HE STARTS HE'LL BE ABSOLUTE CANNON FODDER FOR good nba BIGMEN..ADMIT IT... (OOPS, CAPS, SORRY)..AND STOP WITH THE ANGRY MAN ROUTINE...GROW UP wOZ...YOU CAN'T STAND HAVING ANYONE DISAGREE WITH you...LMFAO @ U

[/QUOTE]

Yeah because how would having a good point guard have any effect on our centers or any of our other players for that matter?  To say you know nothing about team sports would be a gross understatement.

I could give a rats azz whether you agree or disagree with me, in fact with your overall reputation I'd prefer you didn't, I tend to know I'm on the correct course when you disagree with me.

I have long standing relationships with well respected posters who I have debates with.  Then there those who, when it's been pointed out that they're blatently wrong, post memes with lizards and other lazy retorts (LOLOLOL) like you and Fierce who puts words in my mouth, dodges, evades and welshs on bets when pushed into a corner. 

I also love how you can read emotion in these threads, as if I'm on the other end of this keyboard getting angry...lolololol, I wish you could hear me laugh out loud at your responses and your need for an eight hour rebuttal when I typically respond to your drivel in two minutes.

Enjoy living in dream land and having a circle jerk with Fierce (great name btw, would go over great in P town) watching this team purposely tank and telling yourself how great it is that you were "right," I wonder how you judge "right" when the team is going out of their way to lose?

But then I guess you can empathize with a loser can't you... I can hear your mom calling you to take out the trash, get out of the basement and get it done.

[/QUOTE]

Go back to the Patriots board.  You're nothing more than a fair weather troll who knows less about basketball than football.  And your knowledge of football is pretty pathetic too.  LOL!!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go back to the Patriots board.  You're nothing more than a fair weather troll who knows less about basketball than football.  And your knowledge of football is pretty pathetic too.  LOL!!  

[/QUOTE]

You've had to take refuge here in the off season because you couldn't hack it on the Patriot's site, too bad for you I was here schooling newbies long before you and your clueless boy band adopted the basketball board.  I'll leave you to it and check in later in the season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, his PER of 22.99 is 53rd best in the league and second best on the Celtics after 3 games.  

Yes, too early, but he shows decent athleticism, decent speed, good hands and can score in the paint.  Looks better right now than Perk ever did on offense.  He still needs lots of work on positioning and D.   

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. When the individual stats are good, but the plus minus numbers are bad, alot of it has to do with things like learning the defensive rotatons.  I actually think, he could end up being a real steal for the Celtics.  But again we're only four games in. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You've had to take refuge here in the off season because you couldn't hack it on the Patriot's site, too bad for you I was here schooling newbies long before you and your clueless boy band adopted the basketball board.  I'll leave you to it and check in later in the season...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're all so impressed with you.  LOL  

You are ridiculed on the Pats board too, but don't have a clue  Let the door hit you on the way out.  Maybe it will knock some reality into that thick skull without a brain.  TROLL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

LOL is the last bastion of little minds with no response and those relegated to insults over logic. 

This place is littered with trolls and meatheads, no wonder most of the good posters went to Slippery Sam's site, it's hard to stomach such garbage. 

I love how you all hang your hat on Asik turning this team around and knock an otherwise very good center in Fav, what a bunch of door knobs...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Fav will never be more than an average NBA Center

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

When someone comes here and starts the "I use perfect logic

[/QUOTE]

Logic escapes you, not surprising, you aren't bright enough to edit the posts you're responding to so they become one long jumbled mess... 

Sorry if big words and big ideas are too much for you, I'll try to dumb it down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When someone comes here and starts the "I use perfect logic

[/QUOTE]

Logic escapes you, not surprising, you aren't bright enough to edit the posts you're responding to so they become one long jumbled mess... 

Sorry if big words and big ideas are too much for you, I'll try to dumb it down.

[/QUOTE]

Its Stuart "Wozzy" Smiley... again.  I thought the delusional last-word-queen, fair weather Wozzy troll was leaving this board.  Dispised on both the Celtics and Patriots board, you have nowhere to go?   Maybe you should just start a 24x7 chat with your twin Rusty, another obnoxious, self proclaimed know-it-all that doesn't have a clue.     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

despised? really? i enjoy wozzy. and when did having a clue become criteria for this stooge festival board?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I thought this was a basketball deal . It sounds like Angrr Management with less interesting personalities. However I was happy to learn that the longer you are here, and the more posts you have, the greater your expertise (also your ego).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Fav is a backup C  Agreed - he's the guy playing the 5 while this team rebuilds

Bradley is a rotation rotation SG - he is not a PG IMO

KO is a PF, in my opinion  Agreed, and how will he and Sullinger coexist? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

despised? really? i enjoy wozzy. and when did having a clue become criteria for this stooge festival board?

[/QUOTE]

Well at least you got the second part right.  Truth is that ALL open forums become stooge festivals, primarily because of 2 or 3 mega trolls who turn it into a spitting match.  Wozzy is one of those. Just read his posts.  He flames anyone who disagrees with him and instigates the off topic personal attacks.  It's difficult, for me at least, to respond to those trolls with civility. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Fav is a backup C  Agreed - he's the guy playing the 5 while this team rebuilds

Bradley is a rotation rotation SG - he is not a PG IMO

KO is a PF, in my opinion  Agreed, and how will he and Sullinger coexist? 

[/QUOTE]

Fav - agreed. Playing while team rebuilds.

Bradley - agreed.  he is not a PG, but he is not a SG either IMO (again too short and not good enough outside shot). He is also playing while the team rebuids.  I'm not sure he fits this team long term.

KO - agreed.  He played center in college and is trying to adjust to PF in the NBA.  Tough thing for a 7 foot rookie.  Sully and Oly not only can co-exist, but thrive in a flexible rotating PF tandem.  Sully when they need down low presence and Oly to spread the floor more.   

Sections
Shortcuts