We have two good Centers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: We have two good Centers

In response to jtkl's comment:

Redsarmy had an intersting article about that. His plus minus numbers are terrible. 

http://redsarmy.com/2013/11/05/vitor-faveranis-impact-not-as-good-as-you-might-think/

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy and think he could become a very solid player, but it's too to early annoit him the next great center. 

I am excited about what he can become.  Actually, I can now see the progression in players and I like what Brad Stevens is doing.  The development journey will be a long one.  But the possibilities are exciting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Fav is the best true center we have had in a long time.  He positions himself very well for blocks.  He is pulled out of position by trying to help several on our team that can not stay between their man and the goal.  He has good inside shots and he can shoot outside.  He has size and he can run.  If he was playing on a good team he would be a serious candidate for Rookie of the year.  He did a great job against Memphis until the second half when we was pulled off of his man trying to defend other guys that had escaped their defender.  The guy is 25 and an excellent prospect and trade chip, although if we was traded we would be looking for someone with similar skills. He is a year ahead of KO and Sully.  Sully and Bass are not big enough to defend the centers of the NBA.  KO may be a better center than power forward if he does not relax and let the game come to him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Fav is the best true center we have had in a long time.  He positions himself very well for blocks"

If he is so good then why are we 0-4? 

We should have a couple of wins if he is such a presence in the middle.

I thought Perkins at his best was much more intimidating. 

But to your point I do think Fav can be a good piece on a good team. I want to see more games, but at the worst he gives us a solid backup center and someone who can maybe bang against Horford. 

Sections
Shortcuts