We lost because Shaq fouled out

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out

Duh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

In Response to We lost because Shaq fouled out:
    [QUOTE]Shaq is the key to this team. Without him we don't win. Just like Perkins in the Finals last year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

sometimes though, i wish someone could tell Shaq to refrain from getting into foul trouble early. Let a guy go buy for a point or two if you don't think you have a clean look at getting a block. when a player is charging at you, you almost know the outcome. This is what I can never understand with veteran players who's had several years in the league, especially more then 10, and still gets fouled out????

the one player I've seen who does this well, avoid getting into foul trouble or sacrifice a point or two early on so to have an impact on the outcome of the game, is KG. Today, his first foul came in, correct me if i'm wrong, i think late in the 2nd quarter when it was almost 2 min to go to the half. The only time I have seen KG in deep foul trouble is when David Stern's goons really go after him to balance a game.

Other then that, I wish Shaq would stop committing dumb fouls. 19 years in the league Shaq, you cant tell me you dont know how to play a little better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq is the key to this team. Without him we don't win. Just like Perkins in the Finals last year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I thought we lost because Rivers doesn't let his point guards run the offense?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

We lost since no Rondo and Delonte.  Shaq is a great asset to this team, but the best defender against Howard is Perk.  We can only hope that he will be back soon and be able to contribute for the remainder of the season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Shaq's committing those fouls because he's slow and a terrible defensive player.  Its not that he's TRYING to commit them.....he's often thinking he's just going straight up and then he falls into someone or falls over them and result:  FOUL!

With more depth in the lineup, I believe Doc will take him out sooner and save Shaq.  Today, he put JO in and we got less than nothing - we got a NEGATIVE result.  Perk can help here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out : That didn't help. But as I have said along...we have to have Shaq or Perkins to win it all.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Okay so then the way Rivers coaches his point guards wasn't the issue.  So If Shaq didn't foul out then the Celtics would have had a 15 game win streak even though Rivers doesn't know how to coach point guards.  Just making sure I got it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq based on what I saw gives Howard much more trouble than Perkins.  Howard is afraid of Shaq.  Perkins would have helped them in game seven and we would have won, but Perkins is a hindrance to the offense you have seen this season.
    He is a terrible ball handler, a technical foul machine, and offensive weak point. Perkins brings a lot of problems to the table when he plays.

A healthy Delonte, Semih, Shaq, and of course the celtic MVP Rondo is what this team needs.  

My prediction is Perkins will be a liability compared to Shaq and the way the current team is operating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genebock. Show genebock's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genebock. Show genebock's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genebock. Show genebock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We lost because Shaq fouled out :
    Posted by genebock[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genebock. Show genebock's posts

Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out. Its not that simple. First of all, Howard was faster and stronger than Shaq. He did a go...

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We lost b/c of more reason that Shaq

Take your pick among

- Nate can't run PG and had to b/c Rondo hurt
    - Nate/Ray both couldn't hit the side of a barn
    - Pierce added just 2 points 1 assist and 1 rebounds to his 16-7-4 1st
    - Ray/KG couldn't stop lesser players Bass/Reddick from toasting them for like 15    4th quarter points, concerning

I'd rank all those above shaq... shaq wasn't going to score on Howard much, he'd be slighlty more effective on D than Baby (but Howard stunk anyhow) and he'd miss FT's. He'd prob grab 1-2 more boards.

I'd take an extra 11-12 pts from Nate/Ray or an extra 9-3-2 from PP or just stop on 3-4 Reddick/Bass shots over Shaq not fouling out

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Howard committed about 12 fouls most of which were not called.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

hahaha... that'd be 8 no calls, b/c he had 5 and I remember thinking one was really a no-call

2 of Shaq's 6 were no-call 'let them play they are both monsters' calls, but I am sure he accounted for 2 more at least that the refs missed. They both shoulda been done by 10:00 left I am sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Perhaps Shaq's presence could have altered the outcome of the came. Perhaps not. We lost because we could not create stops and execute well offensively down the stretch. BBD was doing pretty well containing Howard, and Howard was not a deciding factor in this Magic victory. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We were blasted by the reffs who must have been told to keep the game close.  It was like they were calling two different games during the second half.  We would have won by `15 if the calls were balanced and unbiased.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I for one, say we will need Perk to battle the better teams..He anchors the defense,
    ans shaq gives support...without Rondo and West, Rivers has to go to Pierce tohandle the point duties..Doc only does it when Nate is launching ill advised shots and Rondo is not shooting...What do you want Doc to do? Just lett the offense sputter along? He even is going to the rookie for some minutes, but obviously, he just isnt ready for that type of role..Wait, Doc doen't play rookies,right?Must be my imagination...Doc just cant win with some no matter what. Does he get any credit for the 14 game streak? Or was that a mirage too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"But as I have said along...we have to have Shaq or Perkins to win it all."

And the Lakers won't win it all without Pao, the Spurs without Duncan, the Magic without Howard. How does that help us? Bring more to the table please. 

Folks who think Shaq is better than Perkins or that think he's going to play a huge role are clueless. Shaq is foul prone and not going to change. Shaq will be invaluable but only in more limited minutes. In fact, I'll go you one better: we don't win it all with just Shaq. We must have Perk also. Shaq coming in when Perk is tired or in foul trouble will be our x factor though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

First post you made in a while that made sense.  Nice.   Not sure that was the only reason we lost but it was a big part of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]We lost since no Rondo and Delonte.  Shaq is a great asset to this team, but the best defender against Howard is Perk.  We can only hope that he will be back soon and be able to contribute for the remainder of the season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how you can say that.  Shaq held him to one lousy point.  Howard was a complete non factor and that was without any help from anyone.  I think that just goes to show what we will be able to do with both Shaq and Perk and throw in JO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out : That didn't help. But as I have said along...we have to have Shaq or Perkins to win it all.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Really?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

we were minus 13 in +/- while shaq was out on the court. we shouldn't pin this one on a lousy call (shaq's 6th foul). this was just injuries catching up with us

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Celtics lost for a lot of reasons but the main one was Doc continuing to "hate" on Von Wafer. The Celts need an outside scorer off the bench (a la Posey) and Wafer is that guy. I wish Doc would become a Wafer "lover" instead of a "hater."

Sections
Shortcuts