We need scoring. Rondo for Westbrook or Tony Parker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need scoring. Rondo for Westbrook or Tony Parker?

Rondo passing to guys who cant score is our problem. Now KG and Pierce are joining that crowd.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: We need scoring. Rondo for Westbrook or Tony Parker?

We traded Perk when we were above .500

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

No way OKC does that deal.  SA loves parker and they won titles with him they do not make that move. Rondo and SA not a good fit IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

We traded Perk when we were above .500

Seriously, Da, Westbrook and Parker are the 2nd best players on their respective teams. You really think those teams would want to mess up their team when they're in the top 3 of the west?

Some here don't even consider Rondo a better PG than Westbrook or Parker. 

Come on, man, it's not realistic, it's far-fetched!

Our record would be a lot better right now with Parker or Westbrook.  Not because they are a lot better players,  because they would give us a threat to score.  

example;  RR passes the ball to PP,  nothing happening,  Rondo is open,  shot clock winding down,  is he going to shoot?  Doubtful,  he will dribble a couple more times and pass the ball leaving someone else to force a shot.  Parker and Westbrook are both better at finishing near the hoop, and both have very good pull up jumpers,  both shoot 3 pt shots and can make them.

Again,  I like Rondo, but just being realistic.  I have no doubts our record would be better with those guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo for someone like Lawson would be more like it, i'm not sure Denver would do that trade though!  OKC and the Spurs would think it was a joke, if Ainge called and offered Rondo for Westbrook or Parker!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rondo for someone like Lawson would be more like it, i'm not sure Denver would do that trade though!  OKC and the Spurs would think it was a joke, if Ainge called and offered Rondo for Westbrook or Parker!! 

Oklahoma City would no longer be considered a contender with Rondo plugged in place of Westbrook. The Thunders record would plummet.   SA would not be as good either, but with their pieces that would still be a good team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Oklahoma City would no longer be considered a contender with Rondo plugged in place of Westbrook. The Thunders record would plummet.   SA would not be as good either, but with their pieces that would still be a good team.

You couldn't convince 90% of the people who post on this board of that!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No way either of those teams trades Parker or Westbrook for Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I just wonder why in the last few years we have made no attempts to pick up a back up PG.  Unbelievable.  Lowrey for Toronto may not cost much either.  He would help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Past few years?  It's always been an issue since Rondo has been here.  Never a really solid back up.  Closest was probably Nate Robinson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Past few years?  It's always been an issue since Rondo has been here.  Never a really solid back up.  Closest was probably Nate Robinson.

I guess I considered Cassell as a attempt.  A real PG that is not past his prime is what I had more in mind though.  Your right,  its been since he was a rookie.  No one to push him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You know,  I am not trying to convince anyone. Most are going to ignore the obvious faults. U see how often we force up a contested shot at 20 seconds into the shot clock.  I blame that on coach and 1 player.   U agree don't you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Nate has been playing really well for the Bulls. I wish we still had him!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You know,  I am not trying to convince anyone. Most are going to ignore the obvious faults. U see how often we force up a contested shot at 20 seconds into the shot clock.  I blame that on coach and 1 player.   U agree don't you?

You got it right!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

A trade for Parker or Westbrook is laughably naive.

The real question is who would trade their PG straight up for Rondo?

Not:  Spurs, OKC, also NOT: Clippers, Warriors, Cleveland, Portland

Not sure about D-Will, Rose (only because he's injured) and Wall

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

No, keep Rondo. Our problem is rebounding. Being 10+ gives us extra chances. That's how Lakers won in 2010 with Bynum & Gasol and a bunch of mediocre shooters except for Kobe. Get Cousins and, if not, Gortat.

Mea Culpa if I sound like the prophet of doom but winning tonight  and vs Cleveland yet and maybe even putting together a 2-3 game streak, ain't gonna do it because around the corner will be another 2-3 game streak in the other direction. Don't you really think Doc has had enough time juggling this lineup to find the best combination & then to learn that it is still not good enough !!!

We need a banger rebounder who can also muscle in the ball and give us at least a double double of points and rebounds. And  he is not just to relieve KG but let KG play the PF he prefers, I think, as he is deadly 5-15 ft out and can shoot over most other PFs who are 6'8"/6'9".  And let Sully play the other PF. Keep Wilcox, not a center but a feisty rebounder like Sully is and Big Baby was with us. Also, bring up Melo asap & hope he develops.

Get rid of Bass and Lee, Green & Terry too & toss in draft choices too if needed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree that OKC and the Spurs wouldn't even consider it if Ainge made this proposal.  No way that Westbrook or Parker are traded.  They are both very important to their respective teams. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Do you think Celeveland would consider it after Irving burned Rondo for 40 points in their win?

Lets see who the next PG exposes Rondo's horrible defense to go along with his lack of an outside shot and abissmal fouls shooting, not to mention his emotional issues and lack of leadership skills

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Rondo led the team in points, rebounds AND assists tonite... and he's the problem?  Had PP & KG not gone a combined 8/28,  he would have had yet another triple-double.  The problem is not Rondo... it is our aging HOF'ers not doing what they used to.  It's no longer 2007 folks.  WE went all in for that championship and it worked.  That was then, this is what we are dancing with now... mediocrity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Also FYI...  Rondo is shooting .49% FG percentage, making him 2nd best on the C's behind KG at .50%.  Not bad for a 6ft 3" PG as opposed to a 7ft C/PF.   FT % is a fairly respectable .65% also.  He is not the problem... it's PP, KG, Jeff Green, Jason Terry and NO true center/rebounder/shot blocker.  Gortat would be nice... Cousins I am not so comfortable about acquiring... especially at what the asking price would be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

if you wanna trade rondo for a scoring point guard you probabley gta look at a guy like brandon jennings no way your gna get any of the other guys

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't think Denver would trade Lawson for him. If the Wiz were to offer Wall for Rondo i would jump on it in a second!!

25. This post has been removed.