We need to be THE FASTEST team in the league this year!!!! Here's why...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need to be THE FASTEST team in the league this year!!!! Here's why...

We have a lot of players who deserve to play.

Fast pace leads to more rebounds and assists and buckets in a shorter period of time, giving more players a decent chance at decent stats in short minutes.

Press to uptempo the game. Take a page from the Hall of Famer Nolan Richardson and the 40 minutes of Hell! (Who ultimately took a page from Red Aurbach / Tommy Heinsohn / Bill Russell)

Rondo, Bradley, Smart can't give ALL ball handlers in the NBA Hell? Everybody plays BALLZOUT in 8 min stints.

Even limited skill players can press and run the floor. (Young, Anthony, Bass, Wallace, Zeller)

Show the NBA 40 minutes of Hell is possible in the NBA! (Because it has been there before at inception)

Boston Celtics are the inventors of pressing ang running opponents into the ground relentlessly to the tune of 8 STRAIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!

Backcourt rotation:Rondo + Bradley play 8min ...followed by Pressey + Smart 8 min...followed by Rondo + Thornton... Halftime...Second half you play the guys who were most successful.

Small Forward rotation: Green plays 8min...then Turner plays 8 min...Wallace plays 8 min...Halftime...Second half you play the guys who were most successful.

Power Forward rotation:Sully plays 8 min...Olynyk plays 8 min...Bass plays 8 min ...Halftime...Second half you play the guys who were most successful.

Center Rotation:Faverani plays 8min...Zeller plays 8 min...Anthony plays 8 min...Halftime...Second half you play the guys who were most successful.

8 minute squad #1 : Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sully-Faverani

8 minute squad #2 : Pressey-Smart-Turner-Olynyk-Zeller

8 minute squad #3 : Rondo-Thornton-Wallace-Bass-Anthony

*(4 minute squads are probably a better breakdown, getting more players on the floor with less "cool off" time, starters should play initial 8 minutes to set the tone)

Leaving the second half open on performance based rotation motivates players to get after it in the 1st half if they want second half minutes. They can lose second half minutes to hungry kids like Smart and Young.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: We need to be THE FASTEST team in the league this year!!!! Here's why...

Sully will never be a fast player.  If we start racing the ball down when he's in, he'll be out of the plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Sully will never be a fast player.  If we start racing the ball down when he's in, he'll be out of the plays.

He can be the secondary break guy who drops threes or sets a high pick n pop. Not a problem. His outlet passing is going to lead the break and he may not make it past halfcourt many times, but have tons of rebounds and assists.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The big guys are like the guy with the starters gun at the dog track. They ignite the break by getting the ball to the greyhounds so they can take off!

Their speed is not essential to the fastbreak attack.

We have to really focus guys attention on challenging jump-shooters and continuing down court for a head start for a Rebound-Outlet--Layup opportunity. (Autobots... Rol out baby!!!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Players know going in, I've got only 8 minutes to show I should get more minutes tonight. No matter what I'm only playing 8 minutes before halftime, so there is no need to pace myself.

Theoretically, it is fair to all the players. They should at least respect that system. Everyone is given a chance to execute the game plan, and each night those who execute it best EARN more minutes that given game. (Not stat based evaluation. Gameplan based performance)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hECMJ5uljUI

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rondo has reeeeeallly improved his outside game! Max him up Danny!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xhw-5Txto

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Rondo is fast but he plays at a slow pace. He likes half court basketball. This has been discussed to death, and is pretty set in stone. Rondo playing "up-tempo" ball is a myth.

And I agree with Cole that Sully will never be able to play like that. He will get from one three line to the other about four times and pass out from exhaustion. 

Other guys on this team that aren't equipped to play fast break style all game: Bass, Turner, Thornton, Wallace, Fav.

And eight minute stints? Have you ever heard of the term "rhythm"? How are any of these guys going to get into the feel of the game if they are being yanked out as soon as they start warming up? 

Once again, a Da-Lusional series of posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Rondo is fast but he plays at a slow pace. He likes half court basketball. This has been discussed to death, and is pretty set in stone. Rondo playing "up-tempo" ball is a myth.

And I agree with Cole that Sully will never be able to play like that. He will get from one three line to the other about four times and pass out from exhaustion. 

Other guys on this team that aren't equipped to play fast break style all game: Bass, Turner, Thornton, Wallace, Fav.

And eight minute stints? Have you ever heard of the term "rhythm"? How are any of these guys going to get into the feel of the game if they are being yanked out as soon as they start warming up? 

My response is come into the game warmed up. Why do you think Ray Allen shows up to the game so early? To get a rhythm and feel without interruption.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If we pull this off (pressure D, sharing the ball, aggressive offense and rebounding) we will be in the conversation for the top team in the Atlantic Division!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

My response is come into the game warmed up. Why do you think Ray Allen shows up to the game so early? To get a rhythm and feel without interruption.

Not every guy out there is Ray Allen, in fact to my knowledge there is only one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you will need to find rocket shoes for sullinger, bass, olynyck

and prozac or lithium for jeff green so he figures out his personalities of alternating "fast" player and dead dog on the court

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

So all our big guys will play and shoot from the perimeter while our little guys penetrate and can't finish on the inside. Sure feels backwards in all senses of the word.  Maybe Pressey can be our leading rebounder playing power midget.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

you will need to find rocket shoes for sullinger, bass, olynyck

and prozac or lithium for jeff green so he figures out his personalities of alternating "fast" player and dead dog on the court

I really don't think it will be that bad. I think Sully and Olynyk are faster than Duncan. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

And how often do you see SanAn running a fast break?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Right, Duncan starts the few fast breaks they get with his outlet passing.  Leonard and Parker finish them, but this team doesn't have anybody as good as either of those two guys in the open court. Or overall for that matter. So it's not even comparible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

They ran their way to the title dude!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Right, Duncan starts the few fast breaks they get with his outlet passing.  Leonard and Parker finish them, but this team doesn't have anybody as good as either of those two guys in the open court. Or overall for that matter. So it's not even comparible.

I dont know which Spurs team you watched. The one with David Robinson and Avery Johnson? These Spurs run and run often shooting transition 3's when Parker or Gino doesn't make it all the way to the rack. Or Duncan or Diaw doesn't have a successful rim run.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Rondo + Green are better than Parker + Leonard, call me crazy. Hopefully we get Ginobili-type production out of Bradley, Smart, Turner or Thornton.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think rondo and green COULD be better if rondo could shoot better.   Green has just as much talent or more than leonard.  Their system just works so well for leonard. They don't ASK him to be a consistent scorer, just a consistent defender.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I guess we have to call you crazy Da with that comparison, cause thresults tell us that the Spurs win and we lose.  As for Rondo's shooting , just cause you want itt to be true, doesn't make it true. Rondo has not improved his shooting in any substantial way, beyond his normal substandard.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to billge's comment:

I guess we have to call you crazy Da with that comparison, cause thresults tell us that the Spurs win and we lose.  As for Rondo's shooting , just cause you want itt to be true, doesn't make it true. Rondo has not improved his shooting in any substantial way, beyond his normal substandard.

Then you didn't watch the youtube video after the 6:30 min mark.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

They ran their way to the title dude!

No they didn't! They won because they were unbeatable in the half court set! You ask what we are watching??? What are you watching Da??? You think they beat the Heat by OUTRUNNING THEM???

My god man! I just imagine your head is a giant green kool aid pitcher spilling terrible basketball analysis all over your keyboard. 

The Spurs were probably the best half court passing team in the NBA over the last two decades. The ball skips around the perimeter like a a pinball, always finding the open man.  That's how they won, and yes they took advantage of a few running situations at times but no more or less than any team would. They certainly aren't the run-and-gun team you seem to want to make them out to be. And they are absolutely nothing like this current Celtics team. There are three guys on that team that would be the best player on the Celtics right now. And a fourth who is their super sub who would easily be the second best player. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to billge's comment:

So all our big guys will play and shoot from the perimeter while our little guys penetrate and can't finish on the inside. Sure feels backwards in all senses of the word.  Maybe Pressey can be our leading rebounder playing power midget.

it's almost twilight zone humor i think. 

but wait- we might BE the fastest team in the league- to do down 17 to 20 points before the 6 minute mark of the 2nd quarter of every game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I think Rondo + Green are better than Parker + Leonard, call me crazy. Hopefully we get Ginobili-type production out of Bradley, Smart, Turner or Thornton.

you're crazy.

Sections
Shortcuts