We need to give Rondo some games off this upcoming season...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need to give Rondo some games off this upcoming season...

Players always say they are fine, but even though he's young, these summer games are going to lead to an injury if we don't.

Even without summer games in 2009 he seemed to run out of gas for some of this year's playoff games ( or he was nursing an injury).

I fully expected him to press Derek Fisher and disrupt the Laker offense, and I did'nt see that.

Most likely because he was hurt or overworked.

We needed that from him however, and for whatever reason, he was unable to deliver it, leading to 7 games with the Lakers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Re: We need to give Rondo some games off this upcoming season...

In Response to We need to give Rondo some games off this upcoming season...:
    [QUOTE]Players always say they are fine, but even though he's young, these summer games are going to lead to an injury if we don't. Even without summer games in 2009 he seemed to run out of gas for some of this year's playoff games ( or he was nursing an injury). I fully expected him to press Derek Fisher and disrupt the Laker offense , and I did'nt see that. Most likely because he was hurt or overworked. We needed that from him however, and for whatever reason, he was unable to deliver it, leading to 7 games with the Lakers.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

No, it was because of the refs....remember?? lmao!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

I totally agree. Rondo only missed the games where he actually had to due to injury last year. He rest at least in the later 5-10 games of the season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i love having nate on for another and a FULL year at that.

that way, rondo can "rest" any time late in a game when he starts to vanish if he is feeling bad about his shooting.  he should have been resting a lot more when he became bashful to shoot.

in the long run it will also do him well to give him more rest in general, get the minutes down and maybe an occasional back to back game off in the second half of the season. 

i think nate could easily be considered the best back up PG in the game so long as collison starts this year.  that is a great luxury to have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

If I was brick, I'd feel bad about my shooting all the time!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Cut back minutes but Rivers should only give him a rest if Rondo requests it. There is a predcent for players coming back from international duty and playing at a lower level after the games. They're likely to get injured or have a lower rate of production. Limiting his minutes in the early part of the season may be an answer. Then build up to regular minutes around mid to late December. But missing games will disrupt his rhythm. I don't think that's a good road to go down.

Although Rondo is young you don't know how he'll be affected by playing in the World Championships.

As to the playoffs? He may have been carrying an injury or injuries. I wouldn't expect any confirmation on that though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: We need to give Rondo some games off this upcoming season...:
    [QUOTE]Cut back minutes but Rivers should only give him a rest if Rondo requests it. There is a predcent for players coming back from international duty and playing at a lower level after the games. They're likely to get injured or have a lower rate of production. Limiting his minutes in the early part of the season may be an answer. Then build up to regular minutes around mid to late December. But missing games will disrupt his rhythm. I don't think that's a good road to go down. Although Rondo is young you don't know how he'll be affected by playing in the World Championships. As to the playoffs? He may have been carrying an injury or injuries. I wouldn't expect any confirmation on that though.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
        you have a good point. All in all I think thus far we all agree that Rondo would be even more effective if he got some more rest this season. Due to the depth at the point guard position this season, Doc has that option with Robinson and Bradley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nba-favours-the-lakers. Show nba-favours-the-lakers's posts

it will not help the nba is fixed david stern has paid of
    the refs danny aigns and alot of people he wants the lakers to play miami in the finals and the lakers to win in a game game 7 so they can talk about
    kobes legacy 2 3 peats like jordan then they want heat
    to win a 3 peat of there own and get revenge on the lakers the next year
    in a game 7 ofcourse the celtics are not in david sterns plans other then to lose a close 6 or 7 game serious to miami this year thats why danny
    does not get a back up small forward david stern wants them to be good
    so they make eas finals and beat orlando but not so good so they beat miami
    can can rest or not but david stern has already wrote the script and danny is in on it he was paid of

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Or we can sit him the entire fourth quarter of any close game since he can't shoot a wide open jumper or a free throw.  He is great getting to the hoop but I cringe when he does.  I honestly believe we were close to seeing the Lakers start hacking him everytime down the floor in the finals.  That would have exposed him on the national level and messed up his head?

I have no respect for a professional basketball player who can't shoot free throws.

I would move him in a package for Steve Nash and either Grant Hill or Jared Dudley. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: We need to give Rondo some games off this upcoming season...:
    [QUOTE]Or we can sit him the entire fourth quarter of any close game since he can't shoot a wide open jumper or a free throw.  He is great getting to the hoop but I cringe when he does.  I honestly believe we were close to seeing the Lakers start hacking him everytime down the floor in the finals.  That would have exposed him on the national level and messed up his head? I have no respect for a professional basketball player who can't shoot free throws. I would move him in a package for Steve Nash and either Grant Hill or Jared Dudley. 
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

Doc took the ball out of Rondo's hands... and gave it to CPP to try to run the offense. Otherwise, hack-a-rondo time.

PUd

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Like it or not, Rondo is the future of the franchise.  Better not to run him into the ground and waste him before we can at least trade him for more well-rounded assets.  He needs to last past the Big Three era to at least be healthy enough to trade for something of value, if not lead the franchise into a new age.

I'm hoping losing playing time to Derrick Rose will get Rondo motivated to polish his game a little more and add a more consistent shot.  Until the Finals, he could get by and still beat most people on speed, handle, and vision alone, but now I hope he realizes that he needs even more.

Sections
Shortcuts