We need to go big not small

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: We need to go big not small

In Response to Re: We need to go big not small:
    In Response to Re: We need to go big not small : Stiemsma is our best center. What is Doc saving him for?
    Posted by Kirk6

Probably the trade DA is cooking up LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bizarre that Stiemsma got no run...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Stiemsa has some weaknesses moving his feet, he's a bit slow so faster guys can scoot around him for boards (he hasn't seen any meaningfuly time since I saw this happen). But genrally, he can board, he can protect the rim, and he can shoot. Doc seems to punish rookies for small mistakes and ignore huge flaws with his veterans. Vexing is the best word I can think of right now to describe Doc's approach to Stiemsma.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We need to go big not small : Stiemsma is our best center. What is Doc saving him for?
    Posted by Kirk6

Well Steamer missed a defensive rotation one game and he might have missed a shot.  Ride the pine youngster.  You got to earn your time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Stiemsa has some weaknesses moving his feet, he's a bit slow so faster guys can scoot around him for boards (he hasn't seen any meaningfuly time since I saw this happen). But genrally, he can board, he can protect the rim, and he can shoot. Doc seems to punish rookies for small mistakes and ignore huge flaws with his veterans. Vexxing is the best word I can think of right now to describe Doc's approach to Stiemsma.
    Posted by futbal

And JO doesn't have these problems?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

JO has other problems but is actually playing OK. The two of them should get the majority of the minutes at center because they are the best we have. My post was positive on Steamer and negative on Doc for sitting him; you may want to read it again if that wasn't clear the first time.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Stiemsma probably blocked KG's shot one too many times in scrimmages and now he's out of KG's inner circle of trust. Who knows? What about KG's 3 carrot diamond earings? what's up with that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Futbal,
    JON is a disaster any time he is in.  He can block a shot and because of his age or immobility find himself out of the play and the other team will score anyway.

He is useless,  and embodies what this Celtic is right now. Old, tired and seemingly living in a nightmare.  Their mantra seems to be "why is the happening to us."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

JON can rotate on defense and pick up offensive fouls and block shots, and his offense returns to him every now and again. But he can't recover (as someone noted above, maybe you), so he is out of position a lot. But back to the original point of the thread, why Stiemsma generally played well but is now benched is truly vexing to me, Doc works in mysterious ways, that do not appear to be making much sense right now. Like letting an injured and out of shape Paul Pierce embarass himself. Somebody has to tell Paul, take two weeks or a month, but heal up and then come play some ball like we know you know how to...maybe he's only a week a way I don't know, but letting old guys come back when they are injured is not smart; and somebody has to be the parent on the team and that is generally on management.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: We need to go big not small : Exactly. Rivers and Ainge do not value centers.
    Posted by Kirk6

You are probably right.  We are definitely lacking at this position this year.  Last year we had Shaq and Perk for a good part of the season.  We were a much better team with a good center. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Stiemsma is our best center."

and yet, he is not a starter. Therein lies the rub of our so-so team. But: he should still be starting. And the scrubs Doc sent in at the end of the game last night played with enery (Moore, Johnson). Bring them in too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think KG would play better with the Steamer as our starting center. We have zero energy when JO is on the floor!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

"THE STEAMER" ENERGIZES THE FANS...

THE FANS ENERGIZE THE TEAM..

THE TEAM PLAYS WELL WHEN ENERGIZED...

JO DOES NOT ENERGIZE THE FANS...

THE FANS DO NOT ENERGIZE THE TEAM WITH JO...

DOC SAYS THE TEAM IS NOT ENERGIZED...

DOC SAYS THE TEAM NEEDS TO PLAY WITH MORE ENERGY..

YO DOC...PLAY " THE STEAMER"... STEAM ENERGIZES...

WOULD SOME ONE PLEASE INFORM DOC OF THIS WELL KNOWN FACT...

Sections
Shortcuts