We need to send a statement here

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: We need to send a statement here

Yes, its like the series where the Celts lost to the Pistons and said good luck in the finals because we knew the Celts were just getting old......and they never recovered.   I HATE to see that but boy we're getting our ashes handed to us!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Feels exactly that way.  And what's so eerie about it is that in both years we lost in heartbreaking, injured terms to the Lakers the year before and had every confidence early on that THIS would be our year.  It is SO unfair.  I can't even analyze it now but just in terms of setting the universe right, this should have been our year, just as '88 should have been our year...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You know what - age is not everything.  Yes, it's something.  But come on - Kareeem stayed in that league till he was 42.  Pierce and Allen are in the best condition (yes they had sh*t games tonight but that's an anomoly, especially for Pierce) of anyone on that team and they're among the oldest 4. 

Willpower and conditioning can overcome age to a large degree.  We just need to harness it because right now we're playing like we're scared of those cocky (but talented) young kids and that's not going to get us anywhere.  In fact that's just going to prove you right.  But it doesn't have to be that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Tonight Chicago wanted to send us a message, and did so emphatically. I thought the biggest problem is that we've abandoned running our sets. Early 4th was about as bad as I've seen them run sets and try to execute. I'm not convinced that our title hopes are through, as I don't think our guys will give in so long as the garden is behind them getting them hyped up. It's just odd to watch a team hold back, when every win could assure homecourt against mia.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Very intelligent, reasonable words in such a time of panic.  Thank you for your post Truth.  I agree with you about the playoffs.  Just hope we can find a way to win enough games in Chicago in order to neutralize their HCA. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I finished panicing after last season. Focus is our achilles heel this season, but knowing we have the weapons that we do makes having a good outlook possible. Rondo is a playoff player. Pierce has been mr. clutch. There are worse teams to root for in this league, I'll stick with the c's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Me too!  :)

Sections
Shortcuts