We picked a good year to be bad

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: We picked a good year to be bad

we should definitely look toward the draft, free agency and next season. it's slightly possible this team plays its way into shape by the trade deadline, but it's not likely. what i'm hoping for (who knows if it'll happen) is that our record is bad enough to put us deep into the lottery and we end up with a pick in the top 5 or 6. i'm hoping the clips' pick is in the low 20s. i'm hoping that we don't make any rash moves during the season, looking for bandaid solutions. i'm hoping that if an opporunity presents itself at the deadline to move some salary or acquire some chips, we take advantage of that. and i'm hoping that doc and danny have a plan that involves nabbing a top-tier FA or 2 this offseason, and rebuilding around them (and rondo) with young athletic players who can give us an up-tempo style of play that will take advantage of rajon's skills more than this aging group can. i'm writing this year off and pretending i'm danny ainge: how would i rebuild this team for the next 5 years? we won't be able to touch the heat and bulls for the next few years anyway, so we might as well have some fun with it. always bleedin' celtic green!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: We picked a good year to be bad:
    [QUOTE]we should definitely look toward the draft, free agency and next season. it's slightly possible this team plays its way into shape by the trade deadline, but it's not likely. what i'm hoping for (who knows if it'll happen) is that our record is bad enough to put us deep into the lottery and we end up with a pick in the top 5 or 6. i'm hoping the clips' pick is in the low 20s. i'm hoping that we don't make any rash moves during the season, looking for bandaid solutions. i'm hoping that if an opporunity presents itself at the deadline to move some salary or acquire some chips, we take advantage of that. and i'm hoping that doc and danny have a plan that involves nabbing a top-tier FA or 2 this offseason, and rebuilding around them (and rondo) with young athletic players who can give us an up-tempo style of play that will take advantage of rajon's skills more than this aging group can. i'm writing this year off and pretending i'm danny ainge: how would i rebuild this team for the next 5 years? we won't be able to touch the heat and bulls for the next few years anyway, so we might as well have some fun with it. always bleedin' celtic green!
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Great post but I do believe with the right trades/acquistions next year this team can improve enough to compete with Miami, Chicago and any other top team in the Eastern Conference. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I don't see Pierce going anywhere. He will retire a Celtic. If we continue to struggle I think that we get 2 good draft picks sign KG and Ray Allen to cap friendly contracts and go after a top free agent center or Power Forward. I just don't see us trading the big 3 at the deadline even if our record is poor. I would like us to start playing the rookies and develop them for next year. I think that is the fastest way that we can rebuild on the fly. I still feel Garnett and Allen are viable players just not starters after this year. I would like us to sign Jeff Green also but only after we get a big.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We picked a good year to be bad : No disrespect with the amnesty. We rewarded him with a monster extension including a final year that was over the top. Amnesty only takes his pay off our cap not out of his pocket. He retires a Celtic with pay and can follow his dream of playing in Europe.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

The 2 first rounds pick,regardless who they are will be seating at the end of the bench,just like Moore and JJJ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We picked a good year to be bad : Only brings us closer to Anthony Davis!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Perry Jones from Baylor, most up side of any one in the draft!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We picked a good year to be bad : Get this through your head, NO TROLLS SHOW UP EVERY TIME THE LAKERS LOSE! HA HA

Bro, the Lakers just lost and I'm here!  Let me guess, the Lakers lost and now the end is near?  Enjoy the day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We picked a good year to be bad : Get this through your head, NO TROLLS SHOW UP EVERY TIME THE LAKERS LOSE! HA HA

They are in denial - as long as koME keeps playing well, both koME and lakers fans everywhere will think there is a chance.  There is NO chance!!

"He do what he do" - see how far that attitude takes him!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We picked a good year to be bad : They are in denial - as long as koME keeps playing well, both koME and lakers fans everywhere will think there is a chance.  There is NO chance!! "He do what he do" - see how far that attitude takes him!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Denial? Oh you must mean how you thought before the season started that Boston had one more shot at a championship with it's current roster as long as they stayed healthy.

How's that working out for ya?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to We picked a good year to be bad:
    [QUOTE]This years draft is the deepest in years, and we have two number one picks. Plus, at the end of the season we will have enough cap room to sign two max contract free agents. We picked a good year to be bad.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

That still won't make the C's a "championship contender" for several years...if at all.

Draft picks usually take time to develop. In addition, those picks may never "pan out" and considering Danny Ainge's draft record, that's a distinct possiblity. You might end up with the next Greg Oden, or worse, another Len Bias. You just don't know what you're gonna end up with.

And his free agent acquisitions haven't been very inspiring lately.

Until the owners figure out their problem is Danny Ainge, you're going to be stuck with a mediocre team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

QDaddy,

And what will your Lakers be stuck with at the end of this year.  It will be a mess. I told you first.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]This could be the longest 66 games in Celtic History!!!!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Don't really agree with you.  The Celtics had some very bad teams for many years after the Bird era and didn't get to the playoffs very often.  It is nice to have experienced the turnaround and finally win another championship. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

How come every year someone says this is the deepest draft in years?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]How come every year someone says this is the deepest draft in years?
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Generally I agree.  This year however, the lockout resulted in a number of sure fire lottery picks staying in school (Jones, Sullinger etc).  The result is added  depth this year. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersdude. Show lakersdude's posts

Another long shot to consider

Maybe Larry Bird will be visited by time travellers who will abduct and then clone him ... and, then, ah crap, this post is just plain stupid. Sorry.

Sections
Shortcuts