we should be about like last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

we should be about like last year

I think the two we got with the trade exception are a plus, our draft picks are years away from serious NBA game,  Since we are in the taNK AGAIN FOR NEXT YEAR, we will be lucky to win 25 game AND DRAFT AT # 6 OR HIGHER////   Rondo has  his work cut out for him and he is not talented enough to play without a couple of studs.  Good games while we are tanking are fools gold////

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: we should be about like last year

What point guard, without any other premier players, has carried a team to glory? Please tell me. How many playoff wins and championships does CP have? Deron Williams? Would Tony Parker have carried the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobli? Why even bring Rondo into the statement? Point guards, by the very nature of the position, are facilitators and need supporting casts to be successful. Put Magic, in his prime, on the 2013-2014 Celtics for the same number of games and after reconstructive knee surgery and the outcomes would have been very similar - the only difference is that Magic could play multiple positions. 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I still think we are slightly better with Rondo than without him, considering personnel alternatives now available and now that most of the available free agents of a high skill level are gone, it is time for Rondo to be gone also for future benefits or at least at the time when our best leverage develops.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to painter's comment:

What point guard, without any other premier players, has carried a team to glory? Please tell me. How many playoff wins and championships does CP have? Deron Williams? Would Tony Parker have carried the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobli? Why even bring Rondo into the statement? Point guards, by the very nature of the position, are facilitators and need supporting casts to be successful. Put Magic, in his prime, on the 2013-2014 Celtics for the same number of games and after reconstructive knee surgery and the outcomes would have been very similar - the only difference is that Magic could play multiple positions. 

Somehow I doubt that Magic's Celtic team would have had a combined record of 6-24 with him playing PG instead of Rondo in 2014.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Well said...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Magic could also shoot a little....but rondo was coming off injury last year and had not yet gained back his explosiveness.  I suspect a rondo closer to his old self this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

+1000

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

What point guard, without any other premier players, has carried a team to glory? Please tell me. How many playoff wins and championships does CP have? Deron Williams? Would Tony Parker have carried the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobli? Why even bring Rondo into the statement? Point guards, by the very nature of the position, are facilitators and need supporting casts to be successful. Put Magic, in his prime, on the 2013-2014 Celtics for the same number of games and after reconstructive knee surgery and the outcomes would have been very similar - the only difference is that Magic could play multiple positions. true that is the point

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to billge's comment:

I still think we are slightly better with Rondo than without him, considering personnel alternatives now available and now that most of the available free agents of a high skill level are gone, it is time for Rondo to be gone also for future benefits or at least at the time when our best leverage develops.

Mabey, but Rondo is a bad fit for this team or appears to be form his performance last year, mabey he will make us better hope so

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

I would rather see Rondo slashing and trying to score in the paint more like he did three years ago.  He has changed to wanting to make assist-only passes, obsessed with averaging 10+/game.  I would rather he play up tempo and average 7 assists a game by moving the ball quicker in the shot clock running the offense.  I believe he could easily average 15 pts/7dimes/7 boards a game and that would make this team better than trying to run around and make assist-passes only averaging 9 points/11 assists. I mean some nights may call for that, but in general, we could use him being more selfish at times being aggressive.

If he wanted to, he could average 15+/7/7 and we would be better for it.  Continue to try to evolve from the outside, but post up more and slash more trying to draw fouls (even with a 60% FT%, I don't care).  Fits us better than 9/11 and slow tempo.

Started watching the Celtics in the 80's when I was a kid, and have been a fan ever since...have watched them hoist four banners into the rafters in my life time, and always cheering for more...

Sections
Shortcuts