We take Ray for granted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: We take Ray for granted

Icon, I totally agree with your post but I disagree 100% with the title of the thread.  I totally appreciate what he does and the manner in which he does it.

I, for one, don't take Ray for granted.  I am so thankful he's in green.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: We take Ray for granted:
    Icon, I totally agree with your post but I disagree 100% with the title of the thread.  I totally appreciate what he does and the manner in which he does it. I, for one, don't take Ray for granted.  I am so thankful he's in green.
    Posted by Petey62

Point taken but I think so many that come to this board just assume he is going to be in there night in and night out knocking down shots and playing hard.  He has to be the most underrated guy on the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Ray has shot over 50% from the field in each of his last eleven games. Pretty amazing stat considering where he doe his damage from. Notice that he is not one dimensional, he is getting into the paint for that mid range shot pretty well. He is having a dynamite season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This has been Ray's best season since he came to Boston. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I certainly don't take Ray for granted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And he's the one guy who's an iron man.....almost never injured, always in tremendous shape, hitting so many critical shots for us.  Remember that thread about who's the most important Celtic?  Many rates Ray behind KG, Paul, and Rondo in importance.  But he's not far behind.  The guy is our quiet assassin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

26pts on only 11shots.  Imagine how many more points Ray would have scored tonight if he ball hogged like kobe.  lol

28 more 3s until record.  Greatest 3point shooter eVER = Ray Allen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

And yet, you get the feeling that Ray truly cares more about winning than the individual stuff.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Ray is truely amazing. How does he do it? Posted by Kirk6

It's like what Reggie Miller said during the game.  It's hard work and dedication, something that a lot of the young players do not put in. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Ray also got 5 rebounds tonght to tie Pierce for 2nd most on the team after KG.  He also really seems to have the team defense down.  Do you ever find yourself saying, wow Ray really got burned again? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i dont think anyone takes him for granted. he is awesome. tonight showed it, fading qand getting them in. awsome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Tonight the indicator once again showed that when Ray scores 20 or more and makes 3 or more 3s the Celtics are unbeatable. 
    Posted by P34

I thought the indicator was only used for losses?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i like how u danny whackers just ignore his great decision to re-sign this guy when many were talking about his age and breakdown risk and saying at most you go 2 years. give ainge his props on this as well as with shaq, pierce, erden, luke and so forth rather than hammering on JO who still may eventually end up helping this team if not this year than next year. certainly can still play, if he can stay healthy.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It would be great if he set the record against the Lakers at the end of the month.

If not, I hope it is at some home game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

i dont think anyone takes him for granted. he is awesome. tonight showed it, fading qand getting them in. awsome.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

I think a lot of people do.  When was the last post on this board about Ray Allen?  Can you remember one?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: We take Ray for granted : I think a lot of people do.  When was the last post on this board about Ray Allen?  Can you remember one?
    Posted by Icon11

I don't remember many or any this year.  Last one I remember was when all of the talk about trading him came last year before trade deadline.   SO many posters kept saying get rid of Ray due to his contract and age.....and Fire Doc - remember?  Ray is the consummate teammate and the Celtic we all love.  Class, Talent, and fire in his belly.   Love the guy, in good times and bad.

And yes - Danny did a great job of keeping the team together for another run.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray is especially big in crunch time from deep.

Ray also goes in streaks... he can be red hot , then cant hit the ocean for a stretch of games... it happens to him often and has happened in the playoffs several times.  Maybe the minutes played all season or his defensive assignment..i dont know.

btw, we have had debate on here about Ray since the trade deadline last year.. it was about his ball handling, which is weak.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

"We take Ray for granted."  Speak for yourself.  Maybe you do, but I don't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Who would be stupid enough to want to trade Ray?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Hahaha I sure don't take him for granted. I've had an admiration for him from his UConn days, and it has been great to be able to watch him play on a regular basis (not much tv time playing for Bucks or Sonics) let alone playing for the Celtics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Who would be stupid enough to want to trade Ray?
    Posted by kyceltic

All of the posters who are in hiding now or won't admit they were so panic ridden last year!  Where are they now????!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: We take Ray for granted : I thought the indicator was only used for losses?
    Posted by KGLove

Fine. Disregard that post. 

When Ray scores 20 or more AND makes 3 or more 3-pointers the Celtics are unbeaten. 

You happy now, KGLove?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Someone posted that Ray was a weak ball handler. I believe him to be a average ball handler and distributor. As a example: against Orlando he used the dribble numerous times to get his shot off in the lane. Site facts if you think is ball handling is so weak. Specificaly his turovers compared to other off guards.

Sections
Shortcuts