WE TRADED FOR OFFENSE!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: WE TRADED FOR OFFENSE!

When the Playoffs start our would goes back to normal. We have 2 legit centers better than anyone else has in the east as far as a back up. 

My only advice to Doc would rotate the bench with one starter durring the playoffs PP Ray and KG so we have one go to huy at all times,

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We have more moving parts this year and I actually will trust this bench more than I did last year. I just like one go to guy on the bench at all times. This keeps us from being exposed to big runs. It also keeps the score from moving down and increse moving leads up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: WE TRADED FOR OFFENSE!:
    When the Playoffs start our would goes back to normal. We have 2 legit centers better than anyone else has in the east as far as a back up.  My only advice to Doc would rotate the bench with one starter durring the playoffs PP Ray and KG so we have one go to huy at all times,
    Posted by genaro008

Boston really does have a three headed monster now in the Centre. When the O'Neals return it will be daunting for opposition teams to handle both of them and Kristic. Much more dynamic than the Bulls centre rotation of their 96 though 98 teams.

This is one real advantage Boston have over the other sides in the play offs. Question is can they all be healthy at once? Rivers really needs to limit their minutes and keep them in shape. They'll be a nightmare for any team Boston play against.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I have moved to side with playing J/O more than Shaq in the playoffs. Unless we are down more than a game in any series. I save shaq for the finals. Other than Orlando J/O Krystic and a 10 min Shaq would be enough

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I agree with that. Can imagine how fired up Shaq will be if the Celtics do end up playing us in the finals. However I'd probably increase his minutes if Boston plays Chicago in the conference finals. His presence for 12 to 15 minutes will really help you guys intimidate Chicago.

Lot's of assuming with this post but I really can't see anyone other than Chicago and Boston playing in the Conference final.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

The biggest point that gets over looked by everyone the biggest key is the big four all playing well at the same time if the big 4 average around 75 a game we make up for alot of other issues. If our bench averages 20 to 25 and gives around 45 to 50 minutes as a group we will see banner 18

I just cant watch Kobe getting another ring. If he raped a Dog Peta would be still be camping out at the Staples Center

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The biggest point that gets over looked by everyone the biggest key is the big four all playing well at the same time if the big 4 average around 75 a game we make up for alot of other issues. If our bench averages 20 to 25 and gives around 45 to 50 minutes as a group we will see banner 18 I just cant watch Kobe getting another ring. If he raped a Dog Peta would be still be camping out at the Staples Center
    Posted by genaro008

Rivers needs to get Green into the offense more. He really should be the main weapon off the bench when it comes to the Celtics offense. He, West and Davis with an O'Neal should really be able to score 20 points a game at the very least.

That's just a sad indictment on society Genaro. I don't think you're far off the mark with that comment on Peta.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Maybe you are right,

but it could also be said that we traded because we did not believe that we could resign Perk, we needed a back up for Pierce, and that Shaq was the answer as a starting Center.

As Bill Simmons said, the trade was without precedence. We will find out in the play-offs.

If The Celtics win, then Danny is a great hero. If they lose, Danny he is Bill Buckner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Danny is a real gambler as a GM. If I was GM I'd rather have Green over Perkins when looking long term. Even short term Perkins is covered if the players are fit.

I don't think you can put it down to Perkins if the Celtics lose. If healthy both O'Neals make up for Perkins IMO. Even at their age they have superior skills and Shaqs basketball IQ brings a lot to the team.

I see it as trade for now and the future. Green is a better player to have alongside Rondo in the next few seasons than Perkins. If Green resigns with the Celtics then that is a massive + in regards to the trade.

I think that Ainge is one of the best things to happen to the Celtics for a very long time. Certainly can't see them becoming an awful team for an extended period with Ainge as GM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Sorry Worthy,

This version of the Celtics has a shelf life. The only future that can be viewed with any certainty at all, is this year. With the probable lock out coming, the prospect of Doc leaving to see his son play, and the probable decline of the big three, or KG retiring, this year is an all or none year for the Celtics.

Green and Krystic are second string players. Green played first string in OK, but here he is a second string player. Krystic will be third string if Shaq and JO are healthy. If Shaq and JO can play in the play-offs, then Danny may still be a hero. If not, well, ...it is likely that Danny will be a commentator for the Utah Jazz, or a Utah girls high school league next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Sorry Worthy, This version of the Celtics has a shelf life. The only future that can be viewed with any certainty at all, is this year. With the probable lock out coming, the prospect of Doc leaving to see his son play, and the probable decline of the big three, or KG retiring, this year is an all or none year for the Celtics. Green and Krystic are second string players. Green played first string in OK, but here he is a second string player. Krystic will be third string if Shaq and JO are healthy. If Shaq and JO can play in the play-offs, then Danny may still be a hero. If not, well, ...it is likely that Danny will be a commentator for the Utah Jazz, or a Utah girls high school league next year.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Danny from hero to zero! Even if Boston doesn't win this year, can't say if they will or they won't so many variables this year and that's what's making the whole post season look so exciting. I don't see Ainge leaving.

I don't even want to think about lock outs. That's just depressing Frown

I think Green should improve a lot in his 2nd year. He was playing out of position at OKC and really could be the long term successor to Pierce at the three.

Celtics do need to add another player to go with Rondo and Green. But I don't know if Howard is the answer. Howard really needs an player with the mentality of a Kevin Garnett alongside him to bring out his aggressiveness. Right now he's just too nice. He's like a David Robinson looking for a Tim Duncan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Owners expect their General Managers to have the ability to think clearly, and have the ability to set effective priorities. 

As Simmons said, Ainge's gamble is without precedent.  Let's hope he was right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Worth a gamble though.

I think that this is the last year that the big three will truly be legitimate title contenders. Not to say that if they play on in 2011/12 that they won't be competitive, It's just Chicago would have improved more. Miami, who knows? 

Trading Perkins was a huge move, said it before here that I was sad for Green to leave OKC. Perkins wasn't a key to the finals campaign IMO. I don't think the Celtics would necessarily win or lose without Perkins. He's a good complimentary player to the Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and Allen.

I just want the play offs to start already. This anticipation is driving me nuts.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Fiercest 34,

Actor act.  Their priority in regard to intelligence and decision making is suspect at best. The fact is that the Celtic defense, with Perkins, was a cut above every other team in the NBA. Without Perkins, we will see if the Celtics have what it takes to win banner number eighteen.

Bynum is playing on two legs. The Celtics need an answer. Let us hope that Shaq and JO are that answer.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Other than Orlando J/O Krystic and a 10 min Shaq would be enough"

Disagree. We'll need closer to a 20 minute a night Shaq to beat Chicago. Shaq is the only one who can stop Rose from driving to the basket at will. And we'll definitely need 20 minutes from Shaq a night if we meet the Lakers in the finals. We'll need a healthy JO (that seems pretty realistic) and we'll also need a confident (not scared) Krstic - he had a good one last game. If we can get those three things we might just win number 18.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Relying heavily on Shaq to be a leading force in the grueling playoffs is a poor move. The trade was stupid...an unnecessary risk for a team built and ready to make one last big run. Kristic is a joke...Joe Kleine was better. I am hearing whispers from Jim Mora, "Playoffs????"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Fiercest 34, Actor act.  Their priority in regard to intelligence and decision making is suspect at best. The fact is that the Celtic defense, with Perkins, was a cut above every other team in the NBA. Without Perkins, we will see if the Celtics have what it takes to win banner number eighteen. Bynum is playing on two legs. The Celtics need an answer. Let us hope that Shaq and JO are that answer.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

I don't know if Bynum is completely healthy. Had a real scare against Denver.

I'm actually waiting to see how Kerkins plays tomorrow against us. The Thunder are on quite a roll, coming good at the right end of the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

So where is it......

Sections
Shortcuts