Weakstern Conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Re: Weakstern Conference

In Response to Re: Weakstern Conference:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weakstern Conference : That's right, it's just YOUR definition. Is the NBA yours? Are the Lakers yours?  How many Larry O'Brien trophies do you have?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Neither is it Duke's. How many Larry O'Brien trophies does he have?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Wait a minute! After Bird and Magic retired the Lakers only had 11 championships while the Celtics had 16! How about we stop counting championships after 1992? HAHAHA!!!

So, the NBA being a major league stopped after 1992? Ever heard of the greatest player of all-time?

And that's about the time the game being elevated to world-wide popularity. Yep, why count the NBA when it's internationally popular? Wait, you seem to like to include the bush league era, so funny....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I just don't agree that "modern" basketball started with the Bird/Magic era.  Clearly, it became all about TV and revenue streams and money at that time, but couldn't we say the same thing about Peter Uberoth and baseball?  He forced the owners to open their books, and now salaries are out of control, and they have the stronget union in all of sports.  I think this would have happened regardless of Bird/Magic.  It is/was the same game, just focusing on different areas.  Jerry West is still bitter he missed out on the big money.  Russ probably is as well.  Bird and Magic paved the way for today's pampered and spoiled stars of the NBA, but it was Peter Uberoth who will probably be forever loathed by owners of pro sports teams!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]This is really amusing. Just because a Laker troll on this board can't accept the fact that the Celtics PUNCHED THE LAKERS IN THE GRILL 8 STRAIGHT TIMES IN THE FINALS, from 1959 to 1984, he wants to pretend the NBA started in the 80s. HAHAHA!!!

Well, getting punched in the grill is still better than what? gone fishing when the finals were being played?

You should know that very well. 13 out of 16 times. I really don't understand you Celtic fans. You folks really enjoy your team getting eliminated early...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]This is really amusing. Just because a Laker troll on this board can't accept the fact that the Celtics PUNCHED THE LAKERS IN THE GRILL 8 STRAIGHT TIMES IN THE FINALS, from 1959 to 1984, he wants to pretend the NBA started in the 80s. HAHAHA!!!

Right, so Bulls fans can't claim they are 6-6 in the Finals, they must be 6 - 50 (or whatever)

IN the Finals - 17-4 - IN the Finals
    NOT in the Finals - something else - but what are we talking about here?

I gave up on that a long time ago!

So, Jeremy Tyler?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weakstern Conference : I really think you should reflect on what you just said. The Celts lost to the Heat 1-4, while the Lakers lost to the Mavs 0-4, right? So it's impossible the Celts got eliminated early when the Celts and Heat played 5 total games while the Lakers and Mavs played just 4 games.

Well, you said the Celtics punched the Lakers in the grill, 9-3, blah, blah, blah. Did the Celtics sweep the Lakers in 2011? That's funny? Do you mix up the Mavericks with the Celtics?

Don't change the subject. You were talking about the finals. So do you enjoy the Celtics getting eliminated early than losing in the finals?

You don't have to answer it. I already know...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weakstern Conference : I really think you should reflect on what you just said. The Celts lost to the Heat 1-4, while the Lakers lost to the Mavs 0-4, right? So it's impossible the Celts got eliminated early when the Celts and Heat played 5 total games while the Lakers and Mavs played just 4 games.

Did the lakers make the Finals this year?  Must have missed that whole series.  I don't think either team made the Finals.  Yet I love how MIA punched us in the grill, but the Mavs did not punch the lakers.  Typical lakers arrogant, double-speak - very popular out here in CA!!

Sections
Shortcuts