***WELCOME BACK RONDO***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO***

In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : Mployee8 can not post because we had a bet and he lost! The loser of the bet can not post from the end of the regular season up to the start of the 2011-12 season. Patsyboy can come back, but getting him banned is more fulfilling than tolerating all the crap that comes out of his mouth.
    Posted by Fierce-34[/QUOTE]

Nope, if you're allowed to post, after what you said about trading Perk. Than Mployee8 should be allowed to post. As of now, all bets are off!!  What about my avatar?Cool

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : What I said about Perk is a hyperbole. If you don't know what that is then you should look it up.  bet    (b t) n. 1.  An agreement usually between two parties that the one who has made an incorrect prediction about an uncertain outcome will forfeit something stipulated to the other; a wager. Come on, KY, we all know you stole my avatar!

In Ky. we take a man at his word, if you're not going to be a man of your word, than Mployee8 can go back on his bet!!  I borrowed your avatar, but i see you got a better oneInnocent

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ky, I love your new avatar, Paul Pierce, one of the 7-8 greatest Celtics of all time

As for Ray trades from the past... I was on record as only desiring/agreeing to TWO trade options last year

1.) Ray (and maybe our 1st rd) for Kevin Martin and Andres Nocioni

2.) Ray, Sheed and our 1st for Iguodala and Dalembert (with Ray being bought out and rejoining us)

Most anything else mentioned, no can do, Walter Ray despite only 4 years service time, is in my top 5 of favorite celtics

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Ky, I love your new avatar, Paul Pierce, one of the 7-8 greatest Celtics of all time As for Ray trades from the past... I was on record as only desiring/agreeing to TWO trade options last year 1.) Ray (and maybe our 1st rd) for Kevin Martin and Andres Nocioni 2.) Ray, Sheed and our 1st for Iguodala and Dalembert (with Ray being bought out and rejoining us) Most anything else mentioned, no can do, Walter Ray despite only 4 years service time, is in my top 5 of favorite celtics
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I have to think Fierce, for letting me borrow his avatar. I agree with you about Ray!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : Why are you so concerned about Mployee8? Is he your real life boyfriend? Like I said, check out what hyperbole means. A bet is a bet, it should be honored. He even posted it on this board. It's not my fault that he was so confident that Anthony Tolliver would be better than Glen Davis this season. And again, he was the one who challenged me, I just accepted. 

I think you may be misremembering what the bet was!!  Let's just forget what you thought Mployee8 said, and the board will overlook what you said about Perk and calling Danny an idiot.  It wouldn't be fair to the board to lose a great poster like Mployee8!! I'm sure you would agree with that. Over!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : What I said about Perk is a hyperbole. If you don't know what that is then you should look it up.  bet    

We know what hyperbole means...   ie p34 is so full of s**t his eyes are turning brown...  

To claim hyperbole as defense is weak... even for you.    Your statement was clearly made as a point of emphasis to demonstrate the real extent of your belief that perk would not be traded....  NOT as point of emphasis by obvious exaggeration.   To be hyperbole the exageration needs to be obvious.       ie   this box weighs a ton....      Your satement was a pledge - the kind of statement that,  had someone challenged you at the time  you would not have backed away from but reinforced!        

Your weasling diminishes your words, your assertions, yourself.     

and by the way, you didn't '"take down" patsboy   -  he took himself down.   And you took yourself down with him.   

But there is hope...  we are a nation that celebrates redemption....  now is your chance to grow up,  stop with the buffonery and after a while people will forget how full of bs you have been.       

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

My Avatar is better... but wondering what any of this has to do with Rondo....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : Definition of Hyperbole Hyperbole   A figure of speech in which the expression is an evident exaggeration of the meaning intended to be conveyed, or by which things are represented as much greater or less, better or worse, than they really are; a statement exaggerated fancifully, through excitement, or for effect. Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/words/hy/hyperbole175267.html#ixzz1HOqu4W5U

At least two posters here have suggested (and I expect that many more would agree) that your expression was not an "an EVIDENT exaggeration ..."  I simply believed that you felt this so strongly, that you were so certain of this fact that you were willing to make a rather trivial pledge.   Just as I can say without exaggeration that Danny and the current management would never let the Celtics lose 60 games in a season - they would be idiots if they did,,,,  if they did I would stop posting on this forum, thats how strongly I feel about it - no exaggeration - no hyperbole    just like your statement.  

And you are trying to deny it but I don't believe for a second that you were exaggerating when you made your statement.  And I can say with  confidence that if someone had inquired of your post...  ."are you exaggerating?"   you would have replied that you certainly were not exaggerating..  Seriously P, can you imagine writing the words... "yes you are right, I guess I am exaggerating."    I can't picture it because, in reading scores and scores of your posts I have never read one in which you backed off from a position  that someone has challenged  in the course of a discussion.   Just like you won't back off from your "hyperbole" defense....   you don't apparently know how to back down gracefully.  I expect that this trait has taken a toll in your life.    Or maybe it hasn't yet..... but

stubborn denial is not an attractive posture...    

Check out Barry Bonds,   Roger Clemmons,   in your own  silly way you are right up there with them.       

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : At least two posters here have suggested (and I expect that many more would agree) that your expression was not an "an EVIDENT exaggeration ..."  I simply believed that you felt this so strongly, that you were so certain of this fact that you were willing to make a rather trivial pledge.   Just as I can say without exaggeration that Danny and the current management would never let the Celtics lose 60 games in a season - they would be idiots if they did,,,,  if they did I would stop posting on this forum, thats how strongly I feel about it - no exaggeration - no hyperbole    just like your statement.    And you are trying to deny it but I don't believe for a second that you were exaggerating when you made your statement.  And I can say with  confidence that if someone had inquired of your post...  ."are you exaggerating?"   you would have replied that you certainly were not exaggerating..  Seriously P, can you imagine writing the words... "yes you are right, I guess I am exaggerating."    I can't picture it because, in reading scores and scores of your posts I have never read one in which you backed off from a position  that someone has challenged  in the course of a discussion.   Just like you won't back off from your "hyperbole" defense....   you don't apparently know how to back down gracefully.  I expect that this trait has taken a toll in your life.    Or maybe it hasn't yet..... but stubborn denial is not an attractive posture...     Check out Barry Bonds,   Roger Clemmons,   in your own  silly way you are right up there with them.       
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

kyceltic and Mployee8 are one and the same. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Lol its called being in a slump. Happens to everyone but when it happens to Rondo apparently we forget that it does. Rondo just showing that this team obviously is relaxing in the last heave to the playoffs. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

wellp, not to nit pick but it can't be called being in a slump when you don't do things during said time of (funk, visible dismay, whatever you want to call it) you aren't pushing tempo or driving to the hoop.

slump, that i know of, pertains to shooting and has never related to effort level.

what we watched with rondo was a shooting slump, compounded by severe effort limitations on his part.  normally when nba players are slumping, they work harder at other parts of the game, but not rondo during this last funk.

and hopefully it's his last funk and been put behind him.  i can take a shooting slump but lack of effort that went with it is inexplicable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : yep, gosh forbid he doesnt make every jumper!!! and noone talked to the guy, its called hes getting out of a SLUMP.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Hidden mic in the locker room caught KG telling Rajon to play better. Wow. That was easy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Although Rondo looked very good against the Knicks, in the second-half, he once again looked horrible last night in their loss to the Grizzlies. This kid is a shell of his former-self right now, whether he's injured or what. He can not shoot the ball, and he's let this part of his game affect his confidence, He is careless with the basketball, indecisive, and has become very passive player on the offensive-end.

The only way the C's can win anything is for Rajon Rondo to be at the top of his game, because Rondo is the general on the floor, and the catalyst. The bottom line is when Rondo is not playing well, the Celtics' offense suffers dramatically.

Hopefully, C's fans will witness the Rajon Rondo they've grown to love soon, if not Ray Allen & Co. will be golfing instead of playing basketball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from medvegasguy. Show medvegasguy's posts

Well, it looks like the old, old Rondo showed up against the Grizzlies.  One decent game against the Knicks doesn't mean he is "back."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it looks like the old, old Rondo showed up against the Grizzlies.  One decent game against the Knicks doesn't mean he is "back."
    Posted by medvegasguy[/QUOTE]

I thought Rondo played a decent enough game for us to win and we never should have made it that point with these guys.  We all know when a team like that gets their confidence up and starts making shots, the hoop starts getting bigger.   Even when we win Rondo takes heat. He is charged with not being agressive, but he was last night and even tried to yam one left handed but got stuffed, but he was agressive as he was told to be and had a bad shooting night in contrast if P.P. goes 2-12 its ok, cuz he usually comes alive in the 4th. He is only in the top 5 of all time scoring in Celtics history. I think the guy that is the worst shooter on the team and who's job is to pass the ball should be allowed a bad shooting night if he is told to shoot...he is also grabbing more boards than Pierce and Ray combined....so while everyone has a role, which we know if they deviate from will struggle..but Rondo does much  more than one thing and it goes overlooked.  Im just happy he has some quicks again and get out on the breaks...

also noone talks about Perks(and shaq earlier) ability to set screen for Rondo and get him in the paint easy....if you notice Fishtic cant set screens....he is moving towards the basket before he even pins the guy and we know Perk is gonna stick you as well as Shaq...so like a lot of other people, I think Rondo when healthy is shooting no worse jumpers then he has in the past and he needs a real center in there to play with so Shaq will improve Rondo's game..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to ***WELCOME BACK RONDO***:
    [QUOTE]Glad to see someone finally sat you down and had a talk with you! Good to have you back!!!!!! Hope you stick around this time!!!!
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE

Good thing he is back... in the last 3 games (presumably since he has been back) he has shot 35%, averaged 9 ppg, and 9 assists per game made more than half his free throws once where he actually hit 2 out of 3 (sounds like a quarter for an actually good point guard), made no threes, and oh by the way played a team that prides itself on not playing any defense in the Knicks, and a team that was missing its best player in Memphis.... so good to have him back......  what a joke.....  in his last 14 games he has shot 37% from the floor, made no threes, shot better than 50% from the line twice, averaged 8 points and 9 assists... he has had games where he literally did not score and in 8 of those 14 games scored 6 or fewer.... I hope this is the guy that will lead them to the finals.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Yup lasted about 15 minutes.... looks like I was fooled by the Knicks defense

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***WELCOME BACK RONDO*** : HAHAHA!!! And you were the first to make a thread about Rondo after the Knicks game.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I said i HOPE he sticks around.... too bad he didnt *shrugs

Sections
Shortcuts