Welcome to the "Boston Day Care Center"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Welcome to the "Boston Day Care Center"

the new favorite spot for adolescent trolls to talk trash and try to one up each other.....everyone is welcome, or so it would seem.....this is now officially a complete waste of time for the adults that used to like to frequent this site....have at it kids... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Re: Welcome to the

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the new favorite spot for adolescent trolls to talk trash and try to one up each other.....everyone is welcome, or so it would seem.....this is now officially a complete waste of time for the adults that used to like to frequent this site....have at it kids... 

[/QUOTE]

Duke,

Don't forget those Celtic fans who willingly join in the highjacking of legitimate threads and turn the thread into personal vendettas. I personaly enjoy seeing the opinions of the non Celtic fans and believe that they often times offer valid opinions. What I don't enjoy is when the thread is taken "off topic" by a handfull of posters and turned into a personal issue between the 2 sides. It would be nice if at this point those post could automaticaly be transfered into a Hatsfield-McCoy thread out of view of those that are only interested in the subject matter as stated in the headline.

Seems 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

good point Seems.....I do enjoy listening to intelligent posts from fans of other teams.....even though I may not always agree.....what I don't enjoy is the juvenile sarcasm, the one upmanship, and the "I know you are but what am I..?" attitude that pervades the board lately....hence, I read less and less and likewise feel compelled to contribute less...there is no ignore button anymore...so I'm just doing it manually...but it probably won't be long until I am spending the majority of my time over on Sam's forum...in my opinion this would all go away if we had a Facebook type of forum where everyone knew who he/she was conversing with...the trolls would be gone as soon as they found out that they had to register their identity...but hey, that's just me my friend...Cheers

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

This may not make me many fans around here, but I often find Duke just as guilty as some of those he points the finger at around here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may not make me many fans around here, but I often find Duke just as guilty as some of those he points the finger at around here.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you at least point out how infantile and wrong the behavior of the trolls is?  What did Duke really do?  I don't even consider you one of them.  You mean you actually defend the nonsense from these children. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This site is terrible compared to a few years ago.  There are other places to post that are actually moderated and there are much more knowledgeable fans.  Inevitably, some of our troll visitiors come here and get into a posting board war with the regulars, which makes this place even worse.  I don't mind posters who follow other teams coming here, but the majority who do bring nothing to the place other than garbage.  If their plan is to make this board unreadable, congratulations trolls! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Duke does more than his share of "chumming the water."

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

good point Seems.....I do enjoy listening to intelligent posts from fans of other teams.....even though I may not always agree.....what I don't enjoy is the juvenile sarcasm, the one upmanship, and the "I know you are but what am I..?" attitude that pervades the board lately....hence, I read less and less and likewise feel compelled to contribute less...there is no ignore button anymore...so I'm just doing it manually...but it probably won't be long until I am spending the majority of my time over on Sam's forum...in my opinion this would all go away if we had a Facebook type of forum where everyone knew who he/she was conversing with...the trolls would be gone as soon as they found out that they had to register their identity...but hey, that's just me my friend...Cheers

[/QUOTE]

Duke

People could still create a fake Facebook type account

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you at least point out how infantile and wrong the behavior of the trolls is?  What did Duke really do?  I don't even consider you one of them.  You mean you actually defend the nonsense from these children. 

[/QUOTE]

To what purpose...????

Reacting, lashing out and showing irritation with their nonsense only feeds them.

IGNORE them... and cut your loses.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To what purpose...????

Reacting, lashing out and showing irritation with their nonsense only feeds them.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "them"?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To what purpose...????

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Where way past that Pud.  These children are now posting more than we are.  You seem to like it so enjoy it.  This BB is no longer functional and they contribute nothing.  I have seen you bothered more by regular posters and show tolerance for these idiots.  So go ahead you like this enjoy the discourse if that's what you call it.  The BB without somes rules and regulations is no longer a Celtics BB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I haven't said one word about the Lakers fans you consider "trolls". I am just pointing out that over the years I have seen more than a few instances of Duke posting comments and threads very similar to those he is condemning here. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This site is terrible compared to a few years ago.  There are other places to post that are actually moderated and there are much more knowledgeable fans.  Inevitably, some of our troll visitiors come here and get into a posting board war with the regulars, which makes this place even worse.  I don't mind posters who follow other teams coming here, but the majority who do bring nothing to the place other than garbage.  If their plan is to make this board unreadable, congratulations trolls! 

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you. I do occasionally post on other sites. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Where way past that Pud.  These children are now posting more than we are.  You seem to like it so enjoy it.  This BB is no longer functional and they contribute nothing.  I have seen you bothered more by regular posters and show tolerance for these idiots.  So go ahead you like this enjoy the discourse if that's what you call it.  The BB without somes rules and regulations is no longer a Celtics BB.

[/QUOTE]

Try Sams.

Life's too short to be this irritated over something you/we/I have zero control over.

You might try calling Dottie at the Globe. They'll talk to you believe it or not... and even make occasional sense.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

As lame as this board has become the thing I like about it the most is that anyone from all around the world can post on it.

This is just a dumb hobby of mine to keep my mind off work.  I don't need to join a private club to do that.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I may be guilty of some things but taking pot shots at certain posters by calling them out by name isn't my style....I love talking with many of the folks who come here to exchange opinions....I am facebook friends with Worthy, whom I believe to be a great person...she is a Laker fan but nevers talks down and always keeps it real....jofc was another great guy to talk with...IMHO Elias and I have come to a mutual respect for each other...

now, I am a lifelong Celtic fan...this discussion is almost four years old...it began with someone posting a link to an article written by Hollinger....in it, he proclaimed the Lakers as the greatest franchise in league history...I disagreed mainly on two fronts..

Rings (Boston is #1 in league history)

Comparsion of the two franchises head to head (Boston leads in all time victories and holds a huge advantage in the Finals meetings 9-3)

The discussions took off and were soon out of control....I've been called an old timer who is stuck in the past, an ignorant poster, and many other derogatory things....all because I didn't agree with a sportwrite's opinion....a guy who is a Laker fan himself...

If anyone wants to say that the Lakers have had more success over the last 25 years that's fine with me...I would agree with them!  ....but the thread talks about all time....the early years count folks...just like the Minny titles (1949 - 1954)......Boston started winning in 1957 and has been the dominant franchise ever since that first year....some posters just act like the league became relevant only after the merger, or during the Bird/Magic era....my position is that the modern NBA began with the advent of the shot clock...the league has tweaked things over the decades but the shot clock was a huge game changer that redefined everything....the game drastically changed that first year... the league was saved and the game just kept getting more and more popular...

So that is my position....I try to be polite and tactfull as often as I can but when someone calls me out and starts telling me that I am an old idiot for the following reasons......(fill in the blanks)...I can become somewhat surley and, yes even sarcastic at times...for those times I offer an apology....I really can't explain my position in a clearer way.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I haven't said one word about the Lakers fans you consider "trolls". I am just pointing out that over the years I have seen more than a few instances of Duke posting comments and threads very similar to those he is condemning here. 

[/QUOTE]

And it is an irrelevant point. These people you won't comment on have ruined the BB.  Forget Duke what is your opinion on the childish nonsense of laker trolls?  Why don't you go to if that is the way you feel.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And it is an irrelevant point. These people you won't comment on have ruined the BB.  Forget Duke what is your opinion on the childish nonsense of laker trolls?  Why don't you go to if that is the way you feel.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what you are laughing at Fierce.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts