Welcome to the Post Big Three Era

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Welcome to the Post Big Three Era

-

Ray Allen won't be walking back through that door any time soon . . . in a Celtic's uniform.  

The Big Three Era ended when Ray walked.  And Ray Allen won't be walking back through that door any time soon . . . in a Celtics uniform.  Obviously the Celtic's brass wanted Ray back:  and they thought he would make a big difference for the 2012 season, perhaps the last best chance for KG, Paul, and the Celts to have a legit shot, albeit a long shot, at a title in the foreseeable future.

For some to claim that Ray would not have made a difference to this team is simply ludicrous.  It doesn't just border on the absurd, it is absurd.

Some things are complex, such as the professional and personal dynamics that led to Ray leaving the Celtics, but some things are simple:  what is simple in this case is that the Heat got measurably better by adding Ray Allen and the Celtics got immeasurably worse by losing Ray Allen. It doesn't even take a high basketball IQ to understand the how and the why of this simple fact.

There are those on this board who try to bully and browbeat anyone who speaks positively of Ray Allen, and I suspect that they are the same ones who were giving Ray short shrift since he arrived in Boston, calling for him to be traded each year since he arrived.  There has never been a shortage of Ray haters on this forum.  Now they think that by repeating lies often enough and loud enough they become true . . . no, no, no, they've tried that in politics and most people see right through that:  A  lie is a lie, is a lie.  And a bully is a bully whether on the playground or in a forum. The Ray haters have turned into the bullies of the forum attacking anyone who won't buy into their groupthink and agree with them.  Go $crew yourselves.

Commiecontrairian said it well: "[The] green will regret not giving ray his respect earlier and casually dangling him out there and making him an afterthought."

That's a short statement, but it packs a punch and carries a lot of truth in its content.

The browbeaters and bullies of the forum try to discredit Ray at each and every step even downplaying his early success with the Heat while placing their hopes and dreams on one Avery Bradley who, last time I checked, hadn't won anything or proven anything and who may prove to be so injury prone he may never be a factor for the Celtics.  I hope Avery comes back and develops into a perennial All-Star and more importantly straightens out this Celtics team and leads us to the title in 2012/13.  However, I would like our chances a lot better if Ray Allen were playing for the Celtics and not the Heat.

B - O - R - I - N - G .

One word sums up today's Post Big Three Era team:   B-O-R-I-N-G!

This collection of run-of-the-mill players will never win anything, I'm afraid.  Who among the faithful believes this team can contend for a title this year as constituted?  Step right up and speak up loud and clear, don't be shy.

I don't even think Paul and KG buy into what Doc and Danny are selling.  I don't think Paul and KG even think for one second that Rondo can be the team leader, that it is now Rondo's team.  Just look and listen to them, Paul and KG, lip syncing the party line, but their body language and tone tell another story, one that speaks volumes.  Why do you think KG wanted Ray back so badly, why do you think he's so put out about not having Ray?  Don't answer, a rhetorical question has an implied answer.

This whole "re-tooling" farce is Plan B after Danny lost Ray.  He scrambled around to put together the missing pieces and everyone slapped him on the back for putting together the "deepest team" in the NBA, on paper, at least.  Paper don't  play.

Hey, this team may gel overnight and make an unprecedented run straight to the playoffs, and I'd be a happy man to get to see that and be more than happy to admit that I was wrong.  Hey, Let's hope I'm wrong and that this team is not boring, is not a run-of- the-mill, middle-of-the-pack NBA team or worse.

In the meantime, I shall remain critical of Celtic's management as is my right as a fan and I shall mourn the loss of Ray Allen, as is also my right as a fan.  Being critical of my team, the Celtics, does not imply disloyalty, does not make me a bad fan, a bandwagon fan, or imply that I am not, in that laughable terminology of the bullies-of-the-board a "real" fan.

To the Bullies-of-the-Board

(You know who you are: you who tell people how to think and what not to say and demand that everyone agree with you  or else get off the board (you know to whom I'm talking.)

To the bullies-of-the-board, the browbeaters, who can't accept that someone actually disagrees with them, or dares to venture an independent opinion, I say get a grip.  Stop your bullying tactics, stop calling people stupid simply because they disagree with you. Stop calling people names, period. Stop looking for simplistic explanations for complex problems.  Try to make this board a better place.  It is bad enough we have to deal with Laker and Heat trolls, but we don't have to descend to their low level by bickering among ourselves.

The name-calling, the bullying, and browbeating some Celtic's fans engage in have made this board a pathetic place to be.  Say that fast 3 Xs.  Lol   

I don't ever remember this board being such an unpleasant place to share a passion for Celtic's basketball.  

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Welcome to the Post Big Three Era

Are we expected to read all that nonsense?

You incorrectly made your feelings about Ray Allen clear the other day rondowski, moments after the game 1 loss... when you were convienently absent all preseason to give your predictions on this year.

The facts are quite clear that whiny ego maniac Ray Allen couldn't accept not being a major part of the offense anymore... or handle his demotion well, despite being old and injured... so he walked away from more money and spent all summer trashing his old club.

Yet he comes out the classy winner in your book huh!

There is still a big 3 in Boston and they have a better team this season then either of the last 2 teams Ray played on. Let's give 'em a little while to gel before we start bury them huh? No Celtic Pride in you at all.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Seriously Rondowski

When it is negative clowns like Rico and Pud, guys know for being FACTUALLY wrong and running a hateful smear campaign against certain people (ainge and Rondo)... its not just 'having an independant opinion' its being a poor fan of this team who doesn't know the situation or reality and makes impulsive emotional snap judgement opinions after a couple games. YUCK!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Ramekap you don't have to read anything I write, and, in fact, I suggest  you ignore everything I write.

But what I wrote was no nonsense.  Characterizing it as nonsense is just typical of the behavoir I wrote about in my post:  discrediting my thoughts as "nonsense" simply becuase you  can't believe how anyone in the world could possibly disagree with you.

You even continue your pathetic attempt to discredit Ray exactely as I pointed out in my post.

And this:

"There is still a big 3 in Boston and they have a better team this season than either of the last 2 teams Ray played on. Let's give 'em a little while to gel before we start bury them huh? No Celtic Pride in you at all."

I respectfully disagree. You got to be kiddin' right?  See, tell a big enough lie often enough and loud enough and you hope it becomes true?  Good luck with that.

You and I are on different pages so why don't you just ignore me on this board rather than continue to expose your self as one of the bullies or browbeaters I was refering to in my post.  I think you are a legit fan with a passion for Celtics basketball just like myself, but I don't think we can reconcile our ways of thinking.  In return I'll try to ignore you and together we'll set a good example for others on the board.

Ya can't look at much, can, ya, Man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Seriously Rondowski

When it is negative clowns like Rico and Pud, guys know for being FACTUALLY wrong and running a hateful smear campaign against certain people (ainge and Rondo)... its not just 'having an independant opinion' its being a poor fan of this team who doesn't know the situation or reality and makes impulsive emotional snap judgement opinions after a couple games. YUCK!

You should really be asking yourself why it hurts you so badly when someone does not agree with you.  Hurts you so badly that you resort to ridicule and name-calling and irrationally placing a judgement on someone for not agreing with you.  A "poor" fan of the team?  Com'on now.  You are better than this.

And if you are at such odds with someone, why do you continue to engage with that person?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So 3 games into the season you are ready to say that this team can't possibly be better than the '11 team that won 55 games but was CRUSHED in the 2nd rd?

Or last years team that was under .500 at the all-star break and needed the Derrick Rose injury to get to the ECF b/c they had ZERO bench and were all hurt?

we have Avery back, better health and the 5 starters who went 24-9 down the stretch last year plus a MUCH better bench learning to play together still. If you want to continue to trash Boston and forgive the shameful spoiled brat act of Ray Allen be my guest. But it shows a lack of pride in your team, a lack of character in you and a refusal to be patient and see what these team becomes... it is 3 freaking games...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Man, I sure don't have to read what you write, and just skim through it b/c its so rambling and contains little fact or grasp upon reality... but I find it sad that there are fans of this team who need to write negative hateful trash like that after 3 games or who can actually place more of the blame upon people in boston than Ray Allen for why he left.

So now, 3 games into the year after Ray had a good game 1 against us (and 2 not so good games after) you feel the need to go back and question why our GM didn't kiss this guys butt 3 years ago, never even mention his name in trade talks, refuse to hand the reigns of the team over to the young PG, instead running the offense through a 35-36 year old SG on bad ankles... and then OVERPAY the guy to stay here till age 40.

Yup, sounds like that idiot Danny Ainge and his moron coach Doc River (only the 2nd most respected coach in the league) blew it by not stroking Ray's ego for 3 years over doing what they felt was best for the team.

Man some people just don't get it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and I am not bullying or browbeating

I am stating facts and reality and asking you questions about why you feel the way you do b/c I so clearly have made the posts more based upon the facts of the situation.

You want to be able to have independent thought on this team, by all menas have them... but it is a DISCUSSION forum... so when you tell me to ignore you what are you saying? You only want like-minded negative people who are angry with the direction of this team and miss Ray Allen to respond to your posts?

You don't want the positive people who know Ray Allen is more to blame and preach patience and trust in this team we have now to be able to say their 2 cents? You don't want to hear that its only been 3 games so stop the useless hate b/c this season is 4% complete? you want to sum up an entire offseason of improvements and changes inton a failure b/c of 3 games?

hahaha

No I will not ignore you, i will piint out how foolish you sound and ask you to better represent yourself and answer some questions that you really can't come up with good answers to b/c you are rambling about what a terrible boring team we have AFTER THREE GAMES...

yuck

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Nothing last for ever and a new era begins. Yes.  Like this team a lot better than what we have had the last few years. Danny has this team stack with players that can be traded if needed if the time comes. When AB returns that is another big plus to the C's. A lot of expectations have been put on this team this year, but it comes with time. We look good now and for the future then most teams right now. Danny is taking a page out or Reds book, assemble the best talent you can get and let them prove it as wanting to be a winner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:

Nothing last for ever and a new era begins. Yes.  Like this team a lot better than what we have had the last few years. Danny has this team stack with players that can be traded if needed if the time comes. When AB returns that is another big plus to the C's. A lot of expectations have been put on this team this year, but it comes with time. We look good now and for the future then most teams right now. Danny is taking a page out or Reds book, assemble the best talent you can get and let them prove it as wanting to be a winner.

I hope you are right. It would be nice if things worked out that way.

I don't like this team better than our teams of the last two years.  Last season we came very close to going to the finals.

The Celtics are in the business of selling, after all.

I'd be reacting better if they honestly said that they are rebuilding, that this team will be a long work in progress, and that they are taking a shot by putting together these guys to support Paul and KG.

And so publicly stating that it is Rondo's team and naming him the face of the franchise while Paul and KG are playing out the string may not have been the wisest move.  We'll wait and see.  I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

You sure are right about nothing lasting forever.  But I thought Paul and KG stuck around to have another shot at a title, not to be part of rebuilding. 

I also think I made some very valid points in my original title thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondowski... take a residency in psychiatry... and then come back and work with these pinheads.

I hear that prefrontal lobotomies may be coming back into vogue.

I'll sign their permission slips if need be.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

It's too bad this forum took a turn for the worse. 

Between the incomplete renovations by the BDC and the tone of many of the posters here, it looks as if a lot of the good commentators have left the board.

I understand disagreeing with people, but the vitriol, the ridicule, the name-calling, it's just so juneville and low class.

And since when is it a sin to criticize a professional team who is selling us a product and is expecting our support?  Are we supposed to fluff our pom-poms and cheer their every breath?

Give me a break.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:

-

Ray Allen won't be walking back through that door any time soon . . . in a Celtic's uniform.  

The Big Three Era ended when Ray walked.  And Ray Allen won't be walking back through that door any time soon . . . in a Celtics uniform.  Obviously the Celtic's brass wanted Ray back:  and ”they thought he would make a big difference for the 2012 season, perhaps the last best chance for KG, Paul, and the Celts to have a legit shot, albeit a long shot, at a title in the foreseeable future.

For some to claim that Ray would not have made a difference to this team is simply ludicrous.  It doesn't just border on the absurd, it is absurd.

Some things are complex, such as the professional and personal dynamics that led to Ray leaving the Celtics, but some things are simple:  what is simple in this case is that the Heat got measurably better by adding Ray Allen and the Celtics got immeasurably worse by losing Ray Allen. It doesn't even take a high basketball IQ to understand the how and the why of this simple fact.

There are those on this board who try to bully and browbeat anyone who speaks positively of Ray Allen, and I suspect that they are the same ones who were giving Ray short shrift since he arrived in Boston, calling for him to be traded each year since he arrived.  There has never been a shortage of Ray haters on this forum.  Now they think that by repeating lies often enough and loud enough they become true . . . no, no, no, they've tried that in politics and most people see right through that:  A  lie is a lie, is a lie.  And a bully is a bully whether on the playground or in a forum. The Ray haters have turned into the bullies of the forum attacking anyone who won't buy into their groupthink and agree with them.  Go $crew yourselves.

Commiecontrairian said it well: "[The] green will regret not giving ray his respect earlier and casually dangling him out there and making him an afterthought."

That's a short statement, but it packs a punch and carries a lot of truth in its content.

The browbeaters and bullies of the forum try to discredit Ray at each and every step even downplaying his early success with the Heat while placing their hopes and dreams on one Avery Bradley who, last time I checked, hadn't won anything or proven anything and who may prove to be so injury prone he may never be a factor for the Celtics.  I hope Avery comes back and develops into a perennial All-Star and more importantly straightens out this Celtics team and leads us to the title in 2012/13.  However, I would like our chances a lot better if Ray Allen were playing for the Celtics and not the Heat.

B - O - R - I - N - G .

One word sums up today's Post Big Three Era team:   B-O-R-I-N-G!

This collection of run-of-the-mill players will never win anything, I'm afraid.  Who among the faithful believes this team can contend for a title this year as constituted?  Step right up and speak up loud and clear, don't be shy.

I don't even think Paul and KG buy into what Doc and Danny are selling.  I don't think Paul and KG even think for one second that Rondo can be the team leader, that it is now Rondo's team.  Just look and listen to them, Paul and KG, lip syncing the party line, but their body language and tone tell another story, one that speaks volumes.  Why do you think KG wanted Ray back so badly, why do you think he's so put out about not having Ray?  Don't answer, a rhetorical question has an implied answer.

This whole "re-tooling" farce is Plan B after Danny lost Ray.  He scrambled around to put together the missing pieces and everyone slapped him on the back for putting together the "deepest team" in the NBA, on paper, at least.  Paper don't  play.

Hey, this team may gel overnight and make an unprecedented run straight to the playoffs, and I'd be a happy man to get to see that and be more than happy to admit that I was wrong.  Hey, Let's hope I'm wrong and that this team is not boring, is not a run-of- the-mill, middle-of-the-pack NBA team or worse.

In the meantime, I shall remain critical of Celtic's management as is my right as a fan and I shall mourn the loss of Ray Allen, as is also my right as a fan.  Being critical of my team, the Celtics, does not imply disloyalty, does not make me a bad fan, a bandwagon fan, or imply that I am not, in that laughable terminology of the bullies-of-the-board a "real" fan.

To the Bullies-of-the-Board

(You know who you are: you who tell people how to think and what not to say and demand that everyone agree with you  or else get off the board (you know to whom I'm talking.)

To the bullies-of-the-board, the browbeaters, who can't accept that someone actually disagrees with them, or dares to venture an independent opinion, I say get a grip.  Stop your bullying tactics, stop calling people stupid simply because they disagree with you. Stop calling people names, period. Stop looking for simplistic explanations for complex problems.  Try to make this board a better place.  It is bad enough we have to deal with Laker and Heat trolls, but we don't have to descend to their low level by bickering among ourselves.

The name-calling, the bullying, and browbeating some Celtic's fans engage in have made this board a pathetic place to be.  Say that fast 3 Xs.  Lol   

I don't ever remember this board being such an unpleasant place to share a passion for Celtic's basketball.  

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

I skipped 90 percent of that.  Why do you keep attacking everyone and then complaining about how other people on here attack everyone?

Ray isn't going to keep shooting as well as he has, over the first three games, Terry is going to start shooting better.  Terry had a better year than Ray did last year.

That isn't attacking anyone.  It's just pointing out facts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

-

It's too bad this forum took a turn for the worse. 

Between the incomplete renovations by the BDC and the tone of many of the posters here, it looks as if a lot of the good commentators have left the board.

I understand disagreeing with people, but the vitriol, the ridicule, the name-calling, it's just so juneville and low class.

And since when is it a sin to criticize a professional team who is selling us a product and is expecting our support?  Are we supposed to fluff our pom-poms and cheer their every breath?

Give me a break.

Calling people names to show that calling people names is wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Oh, boy, do I ever get a kick out of people saying they didn't read it then going ahead and commenting on it.

They really don't comment on any specific thing I wrote, but mostly attack me for writing what I wrote that they didn't read.   LoL

Like I said, juvenille and low class behavoir.  Point well taken.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

-

Oh, boy, do I ever get a kick out of people saying they didn't read it then going ahead and commenting on it.

They really don't comment on any specific thing I wrote, but mostly attack me for writing what I wrote that they didn't read.   LoL

Like I said, juvenille and low class behavoir.  Point well taken.

Calling people names to show that calling people names is wrong.

You need to buy a mirror.  

Also please point how how you felt "attacked" by my post.  I will attempt to tread more lightly around you from now on so you don't feel that way.  It certainly was not my intent.  I didn't need to read your whole post. It was verbose and not different from things you have posted on other threads.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Nice try, Son.

Won't work.

Try again?

Don't you have a troll or two to engage with?  You don't have to read over there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

-

Nice try, Son.

Won't work.

Try again?

Don't you have a troll or two to engage with?  You don't have to read over there.

You seem really upset. Calling people "son" "juvenile" and "low class". Then complaining about how people brow beat each other around here and call people names.

You also say I attacked you but if you read my post above I did nothing of the kind, other than stating that I found your post overly verbose and congruent to what you have stated before. Sorry that made you upset.  i wont tell you that again, I didn't know you were that sensitive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great points snake, i'm right there with ya

I didn't do anything except stick up for my team with FACTS and the reality of the situation while pointing out that Rondowski's schtick is lame, negative and not what I (personally) consider Celtic Pride.

If he wants to preach to a small number of negative angry fans, many of who we all know have secret nasty little agenda's and smear campaigns and are not 'real fans' at all (Rico, pud) then he may do so, free country. But Rondowski should be prepared to have his opinions attacked by those who disagree with him. Just like he claims he can disagree with whatever he wants, and cries about others being the 'thought police' well the flip-side is that we can find fault in his comments and question them. He just doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to answers.

When I questioned him he became a hypocritical name-caller and failed to respond to why his diatribe's are relevant 3 games into the season. Ray won't be playing this good a month or two from now, nor will Lee/Terry be playing this bad, Ainge wanted to keep Ray, and Ray shot is way out of town with shameful 'juvenile' behavior and a desire to have his ego stroked... so only a fool is going to attack the ENTIRE offseason on November 4th based on the play of 3 players, and only someone out of touch with reality can blame Boston over Ray for his exit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I just find it amazing that people don't say things before the season starts and then wait until 3 games in and start making judgements over the whole season.

I like Ray, I have nothing bad to say about Ray, But I am fine with Bradley, Lee, Terry and Barbosa playing the two.  I will continue to be fine with it all year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Nice try.

Won't work.

Try again?

Don't you have a troll or two to engage with? You don't have to read over there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

-

Nice try.

Won't work.

Try again?

Don't you have a troll or two to engage with? You don't have to read over there.

First name calling and then responding by writing the same thing over and over again. I am obviously in the presence of a man with excellent debating skills.

Again, not quite sure why you slipped off the rails, felt attacked, and then started calling me names, but if and when you feel up to responding like a man I will be here to respond in kind. I will just assume you are having a difficult evening.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I just find it amazing that people don't say things before the season starts and then wait until 3 games in and start making judgements over the whole season.

I like Ray, I have nothing bad to say about Ray, But I am fine with Bradley, Lee, Terry and Barbosa playing the two.  I will continue to be fine with it all year

There are no requirements on this board about when you can begin posting and when you can or cannot refrian from posting. I don't know why you are amazed.  I'll post any time without answering to any one on this board about when I post or don't post.   

Since you didn't read my post it doesn't matter.  But I'm glad you like Ray and won't be bad- mouthing him.  I was excited about Terry, but he looks a bit lost right now. He will have his nights, I'm sure.  I think that management would agree with me that they'd rather have Ray:  that's why they made him a legit offer and that's why they were upset that Ray walked.

But we're stuck with those guys you named this season, so let's hope they can do the job.  Right now the jury is out. Offense very disjointed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

There are no requirements on this board about when you can begin posting and when you can or cannot refrian from posting. I don't know why you are amazed.  I'll post any time without answering to any one on this board about when I post or don't post.   

Since you didn't read my post it doesn't matter.  But I'm glad you like Ray and won't be bad- mouthing him.  I was excited about Terry, but he looks a bit lost right now. He will have his nights, I'm sure.  I think that management would agree with me that they'd rather have Ray:  that's why they made him a legit offer and that's why they were upset that Ray walked.

But we're stuck with those guys you named this season, so let's hope they can do the job.  Right now the jury is out. Offense very disjointed.

Personally I like when you post.  I used to be on this board under a different name and yes the board has gone down hill.  

Anyway, you were right about me saying that I didn't read your post.  The snark was not needed.

Sections
Shortcuts