Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now

Yep.  Davis is driven out of town for Brandumb Bass.  Have fun y'alllll watching Bass cause the celts team defense to fall apart with his lack of court vision.  by the minutes played, he's no better a rebounder than Davis was, he's a worse outside shooter, a bit of a better finisher in traffic.

But the off stat sheet things that Davis brang are gone- and now you Davis haters can marvel at how the slender (fat haters) Bass will not be able to: 1) cover big heavy 5's the biggest dominant guys in the league by grinding them out of the lane 2) rotate with superior quickness to plug the hole in the middle on the switcharoo help defense the celts have 3) hustle after loose balls and cause the chaos that davis did on the help defense- membah through your fatty hatred how commentators would habitually note that it seemed like Davis was "everywhere" on defense?  well, he largely was, he hustled his asse off and was EFFECTIVE.

welcome to the brandon bass era.  and what's even better is that he will STINK at playing the 5, so danny needs to go out and sign some overrated, underachieving 5, who no matter who it is still will not be as strong as davis was in the lower body.  so it's a 2 for 1.  and at the end of the day the celts are going to pay more for less flexibility and versatility in TWO players than davis gave them in ONE player.

congrats danny, you feckless drone.  at some point, a GM is supposed to come in support reality for a team- and somehow you let the "player's coach" run the player out of town who was above all the GLUE for our help defense system.

and without our help defense system working well, which it won't this year, with these old vets, we will either get dunked on mercilessly as the lane will fall open like a cheap suitcase since davis won't be pluggin the holes (and TRUST me, bass will NOT do that- his awful defense was why he did not play "up to expectations" in orlando).

so that leaves us with abandoning the help system and then we'll get smoked all the same as old kg, ray and paul will be taken apart by the younger players in the league on a regular basis, or at the very least, worn out a lot more than they were in the help system.

all in all, a disastrous off season so far.  we still have three-legged-horse o'neal for 6.2 million, took on defenseless bass and kayvon dooling for a back up point guard.  geee, his stats have been traling off for three consecutive years now, can't we do any better than that?

not if you're danny.  and i know he isn't done yet.  but what's been done so far is rotten.  and bringing in david just injuredagain west would have been more of the same.  thankfully that deal didn't go down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now

uhm danny made a very good move in getting bass, idk what planet you are on but both sides got what they wanted, celts got an energizing and less dramatic pf to come off the bench and baby got the $$$ that boston simply wouldnt pay him...and glen isnt really fat anymore, hes looking more like an athlete now lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

ee cummings would be proud of you total lack of capitalization.  I, of course, am very happy Davis is gone.  I like Dooling (Delonte was dragging his feet), Daniels, Wilcox AND Bass.  They seem to like the rookies, and we don't know yet about the two walk-on centers we have.  Danny has certainly TRIED to make the team better.  But you don't know if its' worse, just like I don't know if it's better.  Time will tell.  Depth will be very important in the shortened season.  Might I suggest you lock yourself out until you get a better grip on reality.

Gentlemen - ONE vote for Danny not doing a good job so far - any seconds??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now:
    [QUOTE]Yep.  Davis is driven out of town for Brandumb Bass.  Have fun y'alllll watching Bass cause the celts team defense to fall apart with his lack of court vision.  by the minutes played, he's no better a rebounder than Davis was, he's a worse outside shooter, a bit of a better finisher in traffic. But the off stat sheet things that Davis brang are gone- and now you Davis haters can marvel at how the slender (fat haters) Bass will not be able to: 1) cover big heavy 5's the biggest dominant guys in the league by grinding them out of the lane 2) rotate with superior quickness to plug the hole in the middle on the switcharoo help defense the celts have 3) hustle after loose balls and cause the chaos that davis did on the help defense- membah through your fatty hatred how commentators would habitually note that it seemed like Davis was "everywhere" on defense?  well, he largely was, he hustled his asse off and was EFFECTIVE. welcome to the brandon bass era.  and what's even better is that he will STINK at playing the 5, so danny needs to go out and sign some overrated, underachieving 5, who no matter who it is still will not be as strong as davis was in the lower body.  so it's a 2 for 1.  and at the end of the day the celts are going to pay more for less flexibility and versatility in TWO players than davis gave them in ONE player. congrats danny, you feckless drone.  at some point, a GM is supposed to come in support reality for a team- and somehow you let the "player's coach" run the player out of town who was above all the GLUE for our help defense system. and without our help defense system working well, which it won't this year, with these old vets, we will either get dunked on mercilessly as the lane will fall open like a cheap suitcase since davis won't be pluggin the holes (and TRUST me, bass will NOT do that- his awful defense was why he did not play "up to expectations" in orlando). so that leaves us with abandoning the help system and then we'll get smoked all the same as old kg, ray and paul will be taken apart by the younger players in the league on a regular basis, or at the very least, worn out a lot more than they were in the help system. all in all, a disastrous off season so far.  we still have three-legged-horse o'neal for 6.2 million, took on defenseless bass and kayvon dooling for a back up point guard.  geee, his stats have been traling off for three consecutive years now, can't we do any better than that? not if you're danny.  and i know he isn't done yet.  but what's been done so far is rotten.  and bringing in david just injuredagain west would have been more of the same.  thankfully that deal didn't go down.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    1)Bass is just as strong, in fact he weight around the same as J.O and J.O can cover 5's when healthy.
    2)Davis was never a willing passer either
    3)He shot 10% better than Davis, less shot attemps more shot made while averaging less minutes per game, same umber of points same number of rebounds
    4)help defense is something you can teach, Davis never took that many Charges untill last year.
    5)Have you ever seen Bass play? he's a relentless hustle player
    6)He's just as comfortable scoring inside as he is outside.
    7)The Glue for our help defense is KG, or any of our defense in fact.
    8)Where was he last year to plug the hole?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I liked Baby.....loved his huge body and quick feet...also the fact that he was great at taking the charge...that said, I remember watching Bass come into the game last year and just destroying us...I was so pissed.....because of all the damage he did to us....now that he is a Celtic...I love it...nice move Danny!!  .......Baby got what he wanted and we got what we needed...!!   ....win win.....that's always a good thing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

On Danny doing a good job.....his hands are tied. The age of his vets, lack of trade assets, and lack of cap space make it difficult. He's doing "OK". I give him a B minus. I am with Acie on the Baby thing. Too many fans were just emotional about the player but objectively, he was tremendous for us until he got out of control in the second half or last third of the season. The guy was truly valuable for us playing multiple positions as a young player, fighting for hustle boards and playing D on Centers and Power Forwards. I believe with some support, he would have been fine this year. Like Green last year, you will see Bass struggle with learning our D schemes and we will miss Davis, even though no one will want to admit it. Bass is not an upgrade over Davis. There's a reason he struggled to get minutes in Orlando! At best, the trade will be a wash and at worst, we will struggle with the Defensive rotations that Doc wants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The trade will make all of the other Celtics stronger.  With Big Baby out of the picture, other Celtics will get to eat some of the post game spread.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

PS. I am not with Acie on the West trade. West would have really helped out offense and consistency. We would be deep and we'd be able to keep KG's minutes low (VERY important to any playoff success we could have). When he is healthy and not irked, KG is still top 5 or top 3 at his position. West would have helped him. Without Shaquille, he struggled last yr. without a West type, he'll struggle again - too much pressure for him to rebound and score down low which is NOt his game. We needed West!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Baby was good for us last yer but Bass is just a better player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Acie is not wrong on the dire forecast. Danny needs to do something or we are going to see us fighting to stay over .500 in March and April.  We are not really even the same. Our key players are a year older and we have added Brandon Bass and Dooling. You can make an argument either way if we are better there(Delonte and BBD). I say we are the same and probably due to age worse.  Danny needs to move some mountains but it will be very hard.  Philly, NY, and Philly will be much better this year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Big baby's performance in the stretch and Playoffs is as bad as anything I've ever seen from a Celtic.  You'd have to go back to Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe to find more glaring selfishness.

That fat slob will not be missed. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now:
    [QUOTE]I liked Baby.....loved his huge body and quick feet...also the fact that he was great at taking the charge...that said, I remember watching Bass come into the game last year and just destroying us...I was so pissed.....because of all the damage he did to us....now that he is a Celtic...I love it...nice move Danny!!  .......Baby got what he wanted and we got what we needed...!!   ....win win.....that's always a good thing!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

You are right! Bass outplayed Davis whenever we played Orlando..thats a fact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

it was getting really painful to watch Davis shoot bricks let alone his predictable moves to the hoop...it was over for Davis before the playoffs last year..

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Davis turned into the "black hole".  Throw the ball to him and he was going to shoot it.  McHale was known as the "black hole" as well but,  well you know the difference.  One was a hall of famer and the other one not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You all have short memories.  BBD stunk it up for a third of the season and the playoffs.  Clearly, he was a headcase and injured and focused on free agency at the time.  But, look at his work the last 2 years, including the first 2/3 of this year.  Shaq, JON, and Perk were all out most of the time.  Who do you think played center when we built the second best record in the league in the first half of the year?   Who played so well in last year's playoffs and in the playoffs where KG was not even able to play.  YOu forget all of the good and remember one third of the season where he stunk.  

Another reason why people like Bibby says we are fair weather fans and why young stars see how we treat players who've really contributed.  Its not the only reason, but its a factor in us not being a favored destination of players! Down period and boom:  He's a bum and he stinks and he's a fat slob and to heck with any good he's done over a longer period.

I remember when Boston fans used to criticize a young and immature guy named Paul Pierce.  Wow - talk about lack of appreciating players!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]You all have short memories.  BBD stunk it up for a third of the season and the playoffs.  Clearly, he was a headcase and injured and focused on free agency at the time.  But, look at his work the last 2 years, including the first 2/3 of this year.  Shaq, JON, and Perk were all out most of the time.  Who do you think played center when we built the second best record in the league in the first half of the year?   Who played so well in last year's playoffs and in the playoffs where KG was not even able to play.  YOu forget all of the good and remember one third of the season where he stunk.   Another reason why people like Bibby says we are fair weather fans and why young stars see how we treat players who've really contributed.  Its not the only reason, but its a factor in us not being a favored destination of players! Down period and boom:  He's a bum and he stinks and he's a fat slob and to heck with any good he's done over a longer period. I remember when Boston fans used to criticize a young and immature guy named Paul Pierce.  Wow - talk about lack of appreciating players!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Not me, I've been on his case for two years.  KG getting hurt was actually the worst thing that happened to this guy!  After filling in for KG, he WAY over-valued his opinion of his ability............I'm glad he's gone!!  Sorry either West isn't here....Crawford and Kwame are still out there!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Do you think shipping Davis out had anything to do with the clown breaking his thumb over his friends head two years ago and missing half the season or not showing up for the playoffs last year?  How will we ever replace a fat, undersized, immature power forward?

And you want to know another thing?  That Shrek and Donkey show he put on with Nate during the finals was a disgrace and an embarassment.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]PS. I am not with Acie on the West trade. West would have really helped out offense and consistency. We would be deep and we'd be able to keep KG's minutes low (VERY important to any playoff success we could have). When he is healthy and not irked, KG is still top 5 or top 3 at his position. West would have helped him. Without Shaquille, he struggled last yr. without a West type, he'll struggle again - too much pressure for him to rebound and score down low which is NOt his game. We needed West!

I agree with you about West.  He would have been a great help to the current Celtics team, but not really surprised that he wanted more money and decided signing with the Pacers was better for him financially. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]uhm danny made a very good move in getting bass, idk what planet you are on but both sides got what they wanted, celts got an energizing and less dramatic pf to come off the bench and baby got the $$$ that boston simply wouldnt pay him...and glen isnt really fat anymore, hes looking more like an athlete now lol
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

i am coming from the unfamiliar-to-you planet of reality- where bass' whole career has been marked by HORRID DEFENSIVE SKILLS.  i grant that he may be somewhat close to the offensive player davis is and that is a stretch because he has zero court vision and passing ability.

but what made this team work was its TEAM DEFENSE and now the guy who mopped up the over-switching is gone.  bass will do nothing in our help defense system.  it took 2/3 of a year for van grumby in orlando to even want to play him he was so wretched on defense.

do you think that bass suddenly learned defense?  why do you think he's never broken through as a starter?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now : 1)Bass is just as strong, in fact he weight around the same as J.O and J.O can cover 5's when healthy. 2)Davis was never a willing passer either 3)He shot 10% better than Davis, less shot attemps more shot made while averaging less minutes per game, same umber of points same number of rebounds 4)help defense is something you can teach, Davis never took that many Charges untill last year. 5)Have you ever seen Bass play? he's a relentless hustle player 6)He's just as comfortable scoring inside as he is outside. 7)The Glue for our help defense is KG, or any of our defense in fact. 8)Where was he last year to plug the hole?
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

you're full of great facts that aren't true- so they're BS.  bass does not weigh the same as davis.  he weighs 50-80 pounds less than davis and would NEVER BE ABLE TO BODY OUT: bynum, duncan, duh-wite howard, etc.  just be honest with yourself.

bass is a hustle player but he does not have any court vision on offense or defense.  and defense is where his 11 and 5 is going to KILL US compared to Davis' 11 and 5.  same numbers, very very very different players and different basketball IQ's. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I liked Baby.....loved his huge body and quick feet...also the fact that he was great at taking the charge...that said, I remember watching Bass come into the game last year and just destroying us...I was so pissed.....because of all the damage he did to us....now that he is a Celtic...I love it...nice move Danny!!  .......Baby got what he wanted and we got what we needed...!!   ....win win.....that's always a good thing!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

when the regular season comes, bib yourself up, fork and knife, and you're going eat your current happiness with bass, just like other teams thought they were getting a plucky hustle guy and all that. 

if he has no court vision and inferior vision and movement on defense then how is that going to benefit the OLD celts?  will you be happy when bass is "looking the other way"- his only famous defensive move- when players cut past him and he gets utterly lost in our switch system? 

bass has never played in a switch system and can't be a decent straight up defensive player- he NEVER HAS BEEN- which is why, along with the lack of height and tweener status, has held him back from being a starter. 

when i first saw bass in dallas i thought this guy is going to be the next david west type player to emerge from practically nothing to be a solid 4.  and west can't play defense to save his life, but somehow he does enough other things well to get out there 35 minutes a night.  i HOW MANY YEARS has bass failed to do this?  and now he's coming to a defensive system that has intesity and mechanics he has NEVER FELT or PERFORMED on defense before.....

you guys have fun with that.

and don't kid yourself that davis "got what he wanted".  he put his heart into this team and doc rivers relentlessly shat on the kid for YEARS STRAIGHT.  so maybe davis wanted to leave town because another five years of rivers would be as fun for him as swallowing gasoline by the gallon.  the departure of davis is all doc rivers. 

he was no all star but he was the perfect combo big guy for THE BIG THREE's last run at a cup.  his departure makes it a CERTAINTY that we are not going to contend this year.  the celts need to sign TWO GUYS on a perfect day to repalce davis- a big grinder and a 4.  so far they have a 4 with a lacking defensive knowledge / skill. 

so it looks like we need a 3 for 1 to cover for what davis did because bass, as he always has, will not perform on defense enough to make any team happy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]The trade will make all of the other Celtics stronger.  With Big Baby out of the picture, other Celtics will get to eat some of the post game spread.  
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

it was there for jeff green to eat all last year after the perkins trade and instead he looked like a doe in headlights. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]PS. I am not with Acie on the West trade. West would have really helped out offense and consistency. We would be deep and we'd be able to keep KG's minutes low (VERY important to any playoff success we could have). When he is healthy and not irked, KG is still top 5 or top 3 at his position. West would have helped him. Without Shaquille, he struggled last yr. without a West type, he'll struggle again - too much pressure for him to rebound and score down low which is NOt his game. We needed West!

can you explain to me how you get 28 mins out of KG and then 35 minutes out of west at the 4 position?  west cannot play 5!  kg CANNOT play 5- even if KG had a steady diet of wispy centers, he would wear that knee out after thirty games of sharing much of the center time. 

what happens to the other 15 minutes of time west is on the floor?  i just don't understand it.  not even close.  thankfully we don't have to watch it un-fold.  and investing in a freshly injured player...............  when nobody has seen how much he has lost mobility wise. 

add to that the fact that west has been a lifelong BELOW AVERAGE DEFENSIVE PLAYER and I don't see why we had the interest level given the redundancy with KG.  if there's no KG in the picture then ok, do the move and try to cover up for west's bad D.  i can see that.  but not with KG on the same roster.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts