Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now

I'd be with Acie on this topic except for the following

Davis has had a great few year run, since breaking through the year KG was injured and really "carrying" the Celtics in the playoffs.  He then became a valuable 6th man ... that improved his game in numerous ways, most obviously his perimeter jumper and sacrificing his body taking tons of charges. In the first half od last season, he was clearly in the running for 6th Man of the ear with Crawford et al.

Then the  ast part of the season came upon us. Davis was injured for a bit... put on weight, lost his touch from everywhere on the  court, lost some minutes too. Just when he started finishing some drives by using the rim to protect his shot from being blocked, it wasnt working anymore....now everything was getting swatted he put up.. He wouldnt pass....

Many will disagree with me but Baby had every reason to put up most of those jumpers he missed...at least for a while. He earned that right cause he was sinking them early in the season.. Doc had no problem with him taking those shots back then. But he did lose his touch, maybe due to weight gain or whatever...  Final thing was his big mouth in the playoffs, which he certainly didnt back it up and the apparent stress in the locker room

Final analysis: If Baby ended the season the same way he began it... I wouldnt trade the guy for Bass or West...not even a second thought. The issue is what has Baby become?  Will the rest of his career be an extension of the first or second part of last season??  Thats the judgement call and considering the last we saw from Baby was the poor playing one... cant argue too much with Danny's move at this point...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Acie,
    You make some good points.  But take a good look at Bass at 250lbs.  He will not get pushed around if he doesn't want to. He is very strong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Acie while I am sure knowbody actually reads through you long ranting posts I found it funny that you were comparing their court visions which usually isn't a make or break skill for a backup PF despite the fact that I don't believe you really are aware of how god either guys court vision is (please dont refeference asst avgs).  But the funniest thing about your assessment is that by your logic Big Baby actually sees all the guys he is not passing to.

The only thing good about your whiny rants is seeing your avatar picture of Acie Earl-because I need to be reminded about him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Baby was a solid Celtic, but Danny had little choice except to ship him because Doc Rivers had it in for Davis and Doc rivers did not handel Davis, it got out of hand with Doc making comments to the press.  Bass is a blessing since the bad blood was building between Davis and Doc who has done a good job with the big three but has struggled with the other players.  DOC'S NEXT VICTUM IS GREEN, let us hope Doc can handel him better than he has Davis and others.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now:
    Baby was a solid Celtic, but Danny had little choice except to ship him because Doc Rivers had it in for Davis and Doc rivers did not handel Davis, it got out of hand with Doc making comments to the press.  Bass is a blessing since the bad blood was building between Davis and Doc who has done a good job with the big three but has struggled with the other players.  DOC'S NEXT VICTUM IS GREEN, let us hope Doc can handel him better than he has Davis and others.
    Posted by maryngary

Thats my concern too.

We dont really know whats going on with Docs handling of players except from afar.

That said, I was sickened to see Kristic have his confidence destroyed by Doc. As good as K was offensively when he got here, even that was tore down by what I view as DOcs mishandling.

What I mean is, Doc yanked him & scolded him on the court for every misstep...to the point the guy was looking over his shoulder every time he did anything.. paranoia?? ...wondering when the hook or scolding was coming. When he got here he did score and grab offensive boards for us but he lost all confidence even in that & was of no value to us at all.

Hopefully Doc doesnt ride the Green the same way...maybe its Docs weird way of showing the Big4 love....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Acie, stop crying about playing defense when it comes to Bass.  I dont recall Ray Allen or Paul Pierce being defensive stallworths before KG arrived.  Honestly, Ray Allen is a defensive liability!!!!  He can't keep up with the younger two's out there.  Bass will be fine.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Boldly I say Kevin McHale very well may had the best inside moves of any big man to play the game so far.  Certainly, that is why Kevin, Larry and Robert played so well together in the front court.  Glen David did have potential, although I think Glen needed to play with a power forward like Leon Powe and needed a fire lit under him by Kevin Garnett.  And maybe Kendrick Perkins was also good for Glen Davis and that is why the first part of the 2010-2011 Season was so so and when Kendrick was traded, in the playoffs without players like Powe and Kendrick Perkins, Glen went backwards. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now:
    In Response to Re: Well, at least most "fans" can be happy now : I agree with you about West.  He would have been a great help to the current Celtics team, but not really surprised that he wanted more money and decided signing with the Pacers was better for him financially. 
    Posted by susan250

People have to understand that David Wesr did not sign with boston was because the hornest could not find a taker for JO contrat.It was suppost to be a sign and trade deal.

Sections
Shortcuts