We'll be the favorite IF (big if)....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

We'll be the favorite IF (big if)....

Let me say 1st (tommy heinsohn voice) I LOVVVE RAJON RONDO!!! But, you gotta think we lost the NBA finals bc the Lakers exposed his weakness (long range J & FT shooting) & let Kobe sag the lane which clogged our O)...Yes Rondo is a unique talent, But is he beter than Chris Paul?.....Back to my original point....

If the C's can pull a Rondo (& some pieces, Bradley, Picks, the contract of Sheed's ghost) for Chris Paul deal (I even like Simmons tweet of tossing in Perk for Okafor) & convince Matt Barnes to sign a 1 year deal w/us too.........You gotta think that we'd be the favorite to win it all in 2010-11!?!?

Paul, Ray, PP, KG, Okafor 1st unit

Nate, Barnes, Harangody, BBD, O'Neal 2nd unit

That's a tough 10 to deal with, maybe the best 10 in basketball....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: We'll be the favorite IF (big if)....

In Response to Re: We'll be the favorite IF (big if)....:
    In Response to Re: We'll be the favorite IF (big if).... : That is a great point......But are we trying to win banner number 18 or stay out of the basement in 2013?
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

yes true but you agree it's obvious that they want to work around rondo right? And why wouldn't they be able to win one this or next year with him on our team? We were so close last year? Can you say 100% sure that Paul will be able to bring us over the edge? Will he get us as close as Rondo can ? I just think they try to win now (by adding pieces like they do every year) and after 2 year see with what people they can continue and obviously rondo will be there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Nope I don't get it why the C's would be working with Paul. It just doesn't make sense. Isn't it clear that Rondo's contract is the contract for their future? In 2 years they start all over with a clean sheet and Rondo will still be here as their leader.
    Posted by MichBelgium

That is a great point......But are we trying to win banner number 18 or stay out of the basement in 2013?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearsacup. Show hortonhearsacup's posts

any time you have a chance to get an elite player in any sport I think you have to try so if it is possible to get CP3 I say do it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I like Rondo  better than Paul what about Perk for Okafor and some incidentals.   Okafor makes a good deal more than Perk so you have a problem there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to say that lineup would be intriguing....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Nope I don't get it why the C's would be working with Paul. It just doesn't make sense. Isn't it clear that Rondo's contract is the contract for their future? In 2 years they start all over with a clean sheet and Rondo will still be here as their leader.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo and CPaul aren't compatible tradewise/dollarwise. A third team would have to be involved. Even Simmons has backed off. Add to this that CPaul has given his team a list of five acceptable teams to be traded to and the Celts are, of course, not on it. 

Further talk about CPaul for Rondo is fine for message board fodder, as long as folks are totally clear that in real life this WILL NOT HAPPEN. Only thing I will say is that people are awfully eager to welcome in Chris Paul and his max dollars for Rondo's more reasonable contract given that Paul was hobbled by a bad knee last year. I would be more careful about assuming that is going to never be an issue again. Personally I hope he'll be back 100 percent as he's a fun player to watch but you want to bet your franchise on it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

what about Perk for Okafor and some incidentals.   
    Posted by concord27

Concord, I know you r smart--I will take OKAFOR over Perk in a heartbeat.
    Now, now, now, now!!!

can you imagine okafor and Oneal? that's formindable front.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Realistically not only is Rondo's contract better for us to bring more pieces in as the big 3 phase out you an say he led those guys to the NBA finals twice and maybe 3 times who knows. That has more drawing power than a guy who complained and demand a trade from New Orleans a city still sufferring from the floods and now oil. He looks like a spoiled brat. Say what you want about guys like Rondo and Pierce. Those are the guys kids should look up to. Guys who are loyal to there team and want to beat the best players not cower to play with them. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

Fierce34 is Danny Boy sleeping on the job?  Nice to know that Mitch is on the job and improving his team.  Enjoy!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Nope, don't like it.  CP3 is injury prone while Rondo is physically tough.  And talented enough.  I expect Rondo to improve his jumper some more this year.  In the end, it is all about confidence.  As Rondo gets more comfortable with his game, his jumper will get better too.  If CP3 was as tough as DWill, I will be screaming for Danny to try for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I  laugh at the notion that some posters keep saying CP3 is injury prone. Do your research, last season was the first season he missed significant games.

Rondo's had foot issues, ankle issues, BACK issues, etc., so what's the difference?

Injuries like that is part of the game for PG's, and who's to say Rondo won't get the same injury because of his slashing, cutting ablities?

God forbid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Paul isn't going anywhere without another big contract going with him.  If you want Paul you'd had better be prepared for Okafor.  The only place I see him landing is Orlando.  And that will cost Orlando plenty.

God forbid people around here giving Rondo his due.  He passes, drives and plays defense as well as any PG.  I don't care if Rondo improves his jumper...just his FTs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Even though it's not possible, I would take Okafor over Perk. He's a high energy guy, and loves to battle in the post and block shots. Some analysts call him a "poor man's" Dwight Howard.

Just what the Celtics need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Okafor is overpriced and a bit undersized, but he is a good defensive player, and a banger.  I'd take him as a player over Perk.  IMO he's a better version of Perk.

The C's don't have a realistic way to make that deal. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olives-Only1. Show Olives-Only1's posts

There is absolutely no way the celtics will be anyone's favorite.  No way!!  Not happening!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Sorry but the Lakers got Barnes. Lakers have the best 10 in the NBA.

Kobe
    Gasol
    Bynum
    Artest
    Fisher
    Odom
    Barnes
    Blake
    Brown
    Ratliff

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to We'll be the favorite IF (big if)....:
    Let me say 1st (tommy heinsohn voice) I LOVVVE RAJON RONDO!!! But, you gotta think we lost the NBA finals bc the Lakers exposed his weakness (long range J & FT shooting) & let Kobe sag the lane which clogged our O)...Yes Rondo is a unique talent, But is he beter than Chris Paul?.....Back to my original point.... If the C's can pull a Rondo (& some pieces, Bradley, Picks, the contract of Sheed's ghost) for Chris Paul deal (I even like Simmons tweet of tossing in Perk for Okafor) & convince Matt Barnes to sign a 1 year deal w/us too.........You gotta think that we'd be the favorite to win it all in 2010-11!?!? Paul, Ray, PP, KG, Okafor 1st unit Nate, Barnes, Harangody, BBD, O'Neal 2nd unit That's a tough 10 to deal with, maybe the best 10 in basketball....
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

I know you guys have a lot of optimism, but seriously...the C's the favorites?!

Your "Big 3" is a year older, Perk is out till at least December, you lost Tony Allen, and most of the East improved CONSIDERABLY! Obviously the Heat are MUCH improved (but who knows if they'll mesh), the Magic improved themselves but not by a lot, but the Bulls I think will surprise a lot of people. They spent their money wisely.

At any rate, I don't doubt the C's will make noise again for the playoffs, but they will not be the favorites, even to win the East. And I didn't even mention the Lakers.

Sections
Shortcuts