We're all Rick Pitino

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

We're all Rick Pitino

Last year I posited that the posters on this board were channeling their inner Dan Shaughnessys -- that is, they all tended to be either frontrunners or doomsayers, with little in the middle.

I'm beginning to think we're now all Rick Pitino.  Pitino had many flaws, but principal among them was that as a GM, he had itchy feet.  As soon as he saw someone out there he thought he liked better than what he had, he'd engineer a trade -- thus blowing up whatever small chemistry the team had developed since the last trade.  He threw out David Wesley, didn't give Billips time to become Billiups, let Rick Fox go so he could sign Travis Knight, and made at least a dozen odd trades in attempts to "improve" what he had and didn't like. A complete mess.

Okay, I know we're a discussion board, and half the fun is speculating -- but sometimes you have to know when to hold 'em. :-)

cheers --

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: We're all Rick Pitino

In Response to We're all Rick Pitino:
    Last year I posited that the posters on this board were channeling their inner Dan Shaughnessys -- that is, they all tended to be either frontrunners or doomsayers, with little in the middle. I'm beginning to think we're now all Rick Pitino.  Pitino had many flaws, but principal among them was that as a GM, he had itchy feet.  As soon as he saw someone out there he thought he liked better than what he had, he'd engineer a trade -- thus blowing up whatever small chemistry the team had developed since the last trade.  He threw out David Wesley, didn't give Billips time to become Billiups, let Rick Fox go so he could sign Travis Knight, and made at least a dozen odd trades in attempts to "improve" what he had and didn't like. A complete mess. Okay, I know we're a discussion board, and half the fun is speculating -- but sometimes you have to know when to hold 'em. :-) cheers --
    Posted by Number6Fan

well said!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to We're all Rick Pitino:
    Last year I posited that the posters on this board were channeling their inner Dan Shaughnessys -- that is, they all tended to be either frontrunners or doomsayers, with little in the middle. I'm beginning to think we're now all Rick Pitino.  Pitino had many flaws, but principal among them was that as a GM, he had itchy feet.  As soon as he saw someone out there he thought he liked better than what he had, he'd engineer a trade -- thus blowing up whatever small chemistry the team had developed since the last trade.  He threw out David Wesley, didn't give Billips time to become Billiups, let Rick Fox go so he could sign Travis Knight, and made at least a dozen odd trades in attempts to "improve" what he had and didn't like. A complete mess. Okay, I know we're a discussion board, and half the fun is speculating -- but sometimes you have to know when to hold 'em. :-) cheers --
    Posted by Number6Fan

I want AINGE to keep Rondo. I also don't want Ainge to make some dumb quick fix trade that hardly ever works out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Umm well I hated the Perkins trade and still do. But yeah, this board is always full of the most unrealistic trade scenarios and a restlessness with the current roster. To be fair, Danny Ainge has been pretty restless as well...but now we're gonna pretty much see this roster the rest of the way.

Rondo is the only tradeable contract on the team and he's not going anywhere except for Chris Paul or maybe Deron Williams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

Pitino was a putz. Your right he stripped the C's under his management and you forgot Dee Brown. He was sent away like most members of that era. College coaches never make it in the NBA coaching. I hope Danny doesn't trade the Steamer he looks lie a good rebuilding block. I don't think Howard is coming anc with the draft shoices and special trades for next year. The C's will be competiive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good points, Number6.  But, I've always been told that many of the posters think its "just fan fun" to play GM even when posting some truly impatient ideas born solely out of short term frustration.   So, I've learned to live with the fact that this Board has a lot of people who propose moves that sacrifice winning now for the sake of "the grass appears greener over there".

Its just posters having fun and playing GM.  Thank goodness I'm not the GM or the team would be much worse off, I'm sure.  However, I don't think I ever would be as bad as Pitino!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts