We're Done

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: We're Done

You may be right. Dallas coming off a back to back and the C's had a 4 day vacation. Wow!

KG, Pierce and RA didn't play well. Rondo on the break by himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Thanks for the optimism.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to We're Done:
    [QUOTE]We can't beat a .500 team coming off a back to back. We can't rebound the ball. We have no inside scoring, everything is from the outside from our bigs, KG and Bass. Some of you might disagree, but it is what it is.  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree I think we may need to have KG  and JO come off the bench and start Steamer and Bass.  we cant rebound and run the fast breaks.  Rondo tried his best event though he stilll cant shoot but was great  compared to others.  PP was tired i think.  Emabarrasing loss  after 4 days off.  we are in trouble.  May need some trades too

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: We're Done:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Done : Just calling it as I see it.

In an overtop, overly negative tone.

Seriously - 9 games into the season and we're 4-5, and you're ready to say that we're 'done'.

You're not calling it as you see it. You're seeing it, and then processing it through a negative mind and spitting it back out at us.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

KG defintely not worth the $21+ MM this year. Will be interesting to see how much they offer him next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

I'd offer KG a dime and say ' go fetch big dawg'.

Trade the chump!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, if DA had done better than getting Wilcox this offseason, then I'd say KG would definitely be the one going at the trade deadline because his game has dropped off more than Ray's and he is less likely to want to keep playing ball after this season anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I hear you Fierce.  But don't you see that they are trying to put in new schemes, new people, deeper rotation, the works.  It may not be until 30 games into the season that we start to see things clicking.

In any case, there is only a 20% chance of the Celts winning it all.  So lets sit back and enjoy the experiments that Doc is trying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Hi but I hate to say it, I told you. Still want to go for that bet?????
    Paul Pierce is the Shawn Kemp of this lockout.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

it would be interesting to see wat they do nxt year with Rondo..he has so much energy and is so good in a fast break. if they surround him with players that can run (Jeff Green like) we can stop the bleeding of a long drought.

on the plus side, Doc told Dooling to start being aggressive and shoot the ball, he did just that. like wat he can bring. also, Pietrus fits our team perfectly. can guard the 2 and 3 position and brings intensity and heart. 

If anything, make a lineup of Rondo, Pietrus, Bass, Wilcox/Stiemsma, and Dooling..just give 9 some people to run with!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

4-8 incoming.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

KG's a shadow of his former self. A shell.

KG needs to screw up his courage, take a long look in the mirror and retire with his pride/honor/dignity intact... on his own terms. 

Otherwise as the Cs attempt to rebuild, he will be cast off/traded like a journeyman vet to a contender needing a 10-12 minute role player coming off the bench. 

This is painful.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]Hi but I hate to say it, I told you. Still want to go for that bet????? Paul Pierce is the Shawn Kemp of this lockout.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Kemp?! Ouch.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]KG's a shadow of his former self. A shell. KG needs to screw up his courage, take a long look in the mirror and retire with his pride/honor/dignity intact... on his own terms.  Otherwise as the Cs attempt to rebuild, he will be cast off/traded like a journeyman vet to a contender needing a 10-12 minute role player coming off the bench.  This is painful. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

but i thought Rondo was your concern, the guy that needed to look in the mirror and be traded? no?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]KG's a shadow of his former self. A shell. KG needs to screw up his courage, take a long look in the mirror and retire with his pride/honor/dignity intact... on his own terms.  Otherwise as the Cs attempt to rebuild, he will be cast off/traded like a journeyman vet to a contender needing a 10-12 minute role player coming off the bench.  This is painful. Pud

but i thought Rondo was your concern, the guy that needed to look in the mirror and be traded? no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Done : New schemes, new people, deeper rotation, and all that other stuff won't solve the rebounding problem. You really don't need schemes to grab the ball in the air when a shot is missed.

Disagree.  The biggest issue is comfort with schemes to allow insticts to take over.  The Celtics are thinking their game.  They are not playing it.

Consequences:  Turnovers, Slower Rotations, Bad Rebounding Position, Bad Offensive Execution, etc.

The game today was lost more because of turnovers.  How many times did you see somebody make a pass when the defender was lurking to jump the passing lane?  The defensive rotations are slower.  The guards are not rebounding well.  There is just too much thinking going on.

It will get better.  It will not be championship caliber.  But it will get better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

KG needs an enforcer to manup to the degree you want him to.
    Another intangible we lost when Perk was traded

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

C'S ARE NOT DONE...THE TEAM WILL NOT BE ...

IN TOP CONDITIONING UNTIL THE ALL STAR BREAK...

C'S ARE STILL IN PRE-SEASON MODE BOTH

MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY..ALSO THE 5 SPOT

WILL BE DETERMINED BY THEN...I'M NOT CONFIDENT

IN JO AT ALL...HE'S ON CRUISE CONTROL..C'S NEED

HIM ON ...BRUISE CONTROL...HE'S NOT THAT GUY

ANY MORE...LIKE EVERYONE IS SAYING ...STEAMER , 

E'T & JOHNSON GIVE C'S FRESH LEGS AND SO SHOULD 

GET FLOOR TIME NOW...THE 2D UNIT JUST NEEDS REPS

TOGETHER IN PRACTICE AND IN GAMES...NOW THAT 

"FRENCHY" IS ON BOARD , HE AND "BASS" GIVE THAT 

UNIT BADLY NEEDED SCORING...C'S WILL BE OK

SO LONG AS THEY REMAIN... HEALTHY & HUNGRY...

HOWEVER...RONDO MUST TAKE CARE OF THE "BALL"

AND HE MUST RE-FOCUS ON DEFENSE BY STAYING

WITH & IN FRONT OF HIS MAN...

BEAT L A ....BEAT L A...BEAT L A  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Done : Disagree.  The biggest issue is comfort with schemes to allow insticts to take over.  The Celtics are thinking their game.  They are not playing it. Consequences:  Turnovers, Slower Rotations, Bad Rebounding Position, Bad Offensive Execution, etc. The game today was lost more because of turnovers.  How many times did you see somebody make a pass when the defender was lurking to jump the passing lane?  The defensive rotations are slower.  The guards are not rebounding well.  There is just too much thinking going on. It will get better.  It will not be championship caliber.  But it will get better.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Celtics 15 turnovers
    Mavs 14 turnovers

We lost the game because of 1 turnover?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]KG defintely not worth the $21+ MM this year. Will be interesting to see how much they offer him next year.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

If he doesn't have a good season he may decide to retire.  I know that many believe that this wouldn't happen, but it is definitely a possibility.  If he is resigned by the Celtics, I believe that he and Ray would both be offered much lower salaries to remain as bench players.  Can't see the Celtics or anyone else paying him a significant salary. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett needs to play twenty minutes a game and have a coach that sticks with it.  You will see a big change in his game if that is done.

I think we also have to embrace that these guys are out of shape and may get better in a couple of weeks but so will everyone else.