We're Lottery Bound

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: We're Lottery Bound

In Response to Re: We're Lottery Bound:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, the Bucks have a 6-9 Gooden playing C and a 6-7 Mbah a Moute playing PF and they got 54 rebounds against the Warriors. There's no way Mbah a Moute is taller or bigger than Bass, but he got 17 boards against the Warriors. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    With the big three almost always on the floor. It is hard for players to get the space to rebound.  The Big three take up a a lot space and tonight Ray looked geriatric.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Lottery bound?
    Good news to me. 
    IMO, finishing 7th or 8th seed is going to mean squat.
    Good picks, resigning KG and RA and bargain rates, and picking up some missing pieces with newly found cap space has a nice ring to it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Game by game fans = pathetic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Game by game fans = pathetic
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]
    Probably explains why you've got 70 something posts.
    See you next month.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the Celtics most likely will rally for a few games, lose a few and keep repeating this until the end of the year. The Big three, while the reason we can't win a championship anymore are proud enough to win enough games to get the seven or eight seed.  It won't serve us but will be the most likely probability.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Number of posts doesn't mean a damn thing... I had quite a few posts before not being able to post for awhile due to some things. But I have been a fan my whole life so shut it. Had to change my profile name but # of posts doesn't mean a thing but since I've been back I see a lot of game by game fans and it really is pathetic. I am entitled to my opinion I know your the expert due t having more posts. Aren't you special

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Number of posts doesn't mean a damn thing... I had quite a few posts before not being able to post for awhile due to some things. But I have been a fan my whole life so shut it. Had to change my profile name but # of posts doesn't mean a thing but since I've been back I see a lot of game by game fans and it really is pathetic. I am entitled to my opinion I know your the expert due t having more posts. Aren't you special
    Sarcasm is always appreciated.  Feel free to fire away.  But I certainly didn't post anything about you not being entitled to your opinion, so don't put words in my  mouth. 
    Personally, I don't think there's anything pathetic about fan's changing their minds about this years Celtic team on a daily basis.  That's exactly how they're playing. I think it's kinda par for the course.  Not pathetic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

I will agree this team is unbelievably inconsistent but it is t easy to win on the road. I apologize for being an a$& but the "see you in a month" comment bothered me. I am a big NBA fan and a diehard Celtics fan. I know if we just go by # of posts I'm not a big enough fan to have an opinion that matters but I am a true fan. I surely understand frustrations fans have but this in hindsight hasn't been was an easy season. Guys showed up not ready to play (out of shape and beat up Pierce, out of shape Garnett) and we went an expecting Jeff Green to play 25 mins a night that's tough to make up. Wilcox was paid with our over the cap mini mid level to be a contributor. JO was idiotically counted on to he our only center. I know it's been frustrating believe me. It sucks not being a top contender.... If there was a real deal to be made to help us now and going forward I'm sure it would he done. I guess I've just had it with the nothing but negative attitude. We are old. Bottomline. But I am glad a deal wasn't done just to do a deal. I am nervous and excited going forward . I just hope some people can enjoy the journey

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]I will agree this team is unbelievably inconsistent but it is t easy to win on the road. I apologize for being an a$& but the "see you in a month" comment bothered me. I am a big NBA fan and a diehard Celtics fan. I know if we just go by # of posts I'm not a big enough fan to have an opinion that matters but I am a true fan. I surely understand frustrations fans have but this in hindsight hasn't been was an easy season. Guys showed up not ready to play (out of shape and beat up Pierce, out of shape Garnett) and we went an expecting Jeff Green to play 25 mins a night that's tough to make up. Wilcox was paid with our over the cap mini mid level to be a contributor. JO was idiotically counted on to he our only center. I know it's been frustrating believe me. It sucks not being a top contender.... If there was a real deal to be made to help us now and going forward I'm sure it would he done. I guess I've just had it with the nothing but negative attitude. We are old. Bottomline. But I am glad a deal wasn't done just to do a deal. I am nervous and excited going forward . I just hope some people can enjoy the journey
    Didn't mean anything personal by the "see you in a month" remark.  Just my usual sarcasm (for which this board can be an incredible outlet).
    As emotionally invested as you are in the Celtics, be careful you don't start changing your mind frequently on their prospects this year.
    I think I've gone from, "I can see us in the Finals" to "the best thing for us would be for us to have a pingpong ball at the end of the year" three or four times this season.
    And counting...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Looking at our remaining schedule, my expert prediction of the week has us going 10-12, for a final record of 33-33.
    I'm saying 8th seed.
    The worst of both worlds  concerning playoff hopes and draft picks.
    To paraphrase someone I know nothing about.
    This is the way the Big 3 ends.  Not with a bang, but a whimper.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I certainly hope so.  Worst outcome is 7th or 8th seed, which will definitely be a 1 and done against the Heat or Bulls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If we were just one move away from contending how can we be lottery bound now? 

The answer is we were never one move away from contending. 

But we should make the playoffs, the Bucks/Knicks are hardly intimidating

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It is true: Big three are old. But besides Pierce they play a season just like last year maybe even an inch better. Our problem is that we have no bench (and no bigs). We have no backup PG, just an undersized SG who can defend. We have no backup SG. We have no Backup PF and the starter in this position is undersized. We have no Backup Center besides a 26 year old D-League player. If you biggest guys are an old, skinny, 6-11 jump-shooter playing out of position and an undersized 6-8 jump-shooter you are in trouble.

This current rooster is so small (height and amount of players) not even the new big three (James, Wade, Bosh) would lead this squad to a title.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Lottery Bound :  In 2008 the Lakers were just a 4th or 5th seed before they got Gasol. When they got Gasol in February they ended the regular season as the #1 seed. Same team, only Gasol was added.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Well, you sure about that? Better ask for your cohort RedRust's permission. His reasoning is that the Lakers were already leading the division, so they didn't need Gasol until Bynum's injury.  Thank God you finally realize the truth: the Lakers weren't that good before they got Gasol. So they would have accepted the gift from Memphis regardless Bynum's injury or not.

BTW, in 2012, had the Celtics got Gasol, they would have jumped from a 7th seed to a 4th - 5th seed. Would that be good enough to compete? if you are lucky enough to win two conference series WITHOUT HOME COURT ADVANTAGE...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

It won't happen but it is time to play the rookies and develop them. If they get better and we make playoffs so be it but if not then they will be better prepared for next year or can be used to get a better player. Playing the big 3 and not resting them enough might get us a 7-8 seed but we will be knocked out in the first round and will not have anything to show for it going into next year. I agree that if we can sign Garnett and Allen to cap freindly contracts, make a few good picks in the draft and get a quality free agent we could be good next year. Miami or Chicago will win this year but I think we will be able to compete with them next year if it all pans out. Regardless we can start our rebuild and as Wade and company get older we can step up quickly and compete for several years to come.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think the ideal situation is for them to battle but ultimately miss the playoffs.  I am fine with DA approach durring the deadline and am content to know this is the last run of the Big 3 (although you have to like the Lakers moves...Sessions is going to be huge for them).  The Draft is deep and my hope is that we can get both larger and more athletic.  Green returning at 6'10 and at small forward would be a large move in the right direction. 

Ive seen several interviews with Russel and Cousy where they talk about training their replacements...Not sure KG wants to be a 6th man but if he was willing to take a cut I can't think of a better role model for JJJ or any other big man who comes to the C's.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts