We're Sorry NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: We're Sorry NBA

In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA:
    [QUOTE]Jofc, I don't care about the Lakers.  I am a Celtic fan.  I would never post there.  Why do you post here?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Does dissent bother you or would you rather post among dittoheads? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]On the LA Times, "green slime", "ceptics" are terms readily seen.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I have NEVER seen those terms used in the L.A. Times. Are you referring to reader comments on the L.A. Times Lakers Blog? Because if you are, Celtics fans have called the Lakers far worse on their blogs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : I have NEVER seen those terms used in the L.A. Times. Are you referring to reader comments on the L.A. Times Lakers Blog? Because if you are, the Celtics have called Lakers fans far worse on their blogs.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Reader comments yes.  I especially have a problem with Jon K. The man rattles on about being a Christian, then says how he "hates" the ceptics and the "thuggets".  Nice hypocrite, that guy.

AND, aside from "fakers", I'm afraid I'm going to need more proof than your word.  Individual players?  Yes.  But show me something other than "fakers", which was invented LONG before the Internet, btw!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Lakers fans always want to try to point to individual calls to diffuse complaints about officials, but in the end of the game it always seems the lakers have shot more ft's.  This game it was 9 more.  Game 7 of the finals it took a lot more than 9.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : You seem to point out the ONE I remember when RR fell. Maybe you saw KOBE stick his shoulder into Pierce not once, but twice on the same play and guess who got the foul called on the.  Next time down the court KOBE runs right thru PP chest. Foul on KOBE, not hardly.  Switch to Ray, Kobe elbows him to get free, no call, next time Kobe sticks his shoulder into Ray to free his shot, no call.  BTW this is a 5 minute span in the 4th quarter. No need to go on.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I remember that play and I counted three times sir kobe drove his shoulder into PP without a peep from the refs. He got away with the same thing at least 10 other times during the course of the game.

Overall this game was called evenly, other than the special exemption the NBA grants sir kobe from all rules of basketball. I Tivo these games and have to turn it off and take a break every 10 minutes or so on replay just because I get so steamed watching this patently obvious BS.

Its rare that he picks up 4 fouls but only serves to guarantee that he'd have to stab someone in the chest at center court to get his fifth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Reader comments yes.  I especially have a problem with Jon K. The man rattles on about being a Christian, then says how he "hates" the ceptics and the "thuggets".  Nice hypocrite, that guy. AND, aside from "fakers", I'm afraid I'm going to need more proof than your word.  Individual players?  Yes.  But show me something other than "fakers", which was invented LONG before the Internet, btw!
    Fans of both teams call each other names, this is nothing new. And I don't see what would come of comparing insults to determine who is the "worst." My concern was that the statement you made seemed to suggest L.A. Times articles were being written about the Celtics using the insults you mentioned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Hahaha, brilliant post man.  You really told me.  I especially liked the part about how many eggs you eat for breakfast.  Captivating post.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]
    Ignorant rebuttal...guess it was a bit too much for your comprehension.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Fans of both teams call each other names, this is nothing new. And I don't see what would come of comparing insults to determine who is the "worst." My concern was that the statement you made seemed to suggest L.A. Times articles were being written about the Celtics using the insults you mentioned.

Why are you concerned about what a Celtic Poster states on a Celtic Forum?  Funny I looked at two game threads from LA yesterday and didn't see one Celtic posting there.  Who is obsessed with who?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Ignorant rebuttal...guess it was a bit too much for your comprehension.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Hey!  That's just mean.  I'm gonna come up with something to say back as soon as I look up those big words like 'comprehension' and 'ignorant' and 'and' and '...'.

You are the master of insults my friend. The master!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jofc and Flobus,
    The idea is this is BB for people who root for the Celtics.  Your being here does not upset me much especially since this year looks not so good for the Lakers so far.  The point is you bring nothing to the discussion, it is about our team.  If it was a NBA BB I could understand you presence.  
    You are here basically to pester and annoy what amounts to the opposition.  You bring nothing to the conversation as people here have a genuine interest in the Celtics.  We hate the Lakers and you hate the Celtics. This is not the Middle East we don't need to come together.  I know you won't leave but the muted tones of you idiots this year is enough satisfaction for me.  Without injury you know it is our year as it should have been last June.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Fans of both teams call each other names, this is nothing new. And I don't see what would come of comparing insults to determine who is the "worst." My concern was that the statement you made seemed to suggest L.A. Times articles were being written about the Celtics using the insults you mentioned.

Do you own the LA Times?  Then what "concern" can you possibly have?  Your concern is of no concern to me.  And it was YOU who used the word "worse" in your last post.  "Celtics fans have called lakers fans much worse."  That's what you wrote - then, of course, when I ask you to prove it, you become like Phil Jackson and say it isn't really important, and who cares anyway.

Glad to see you haven't changed, despite the smaller number of posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Donde están las cucarachas ?

answer:

lalalaland

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Did you see that non-foul, where Rondo fell on his butt, but LA picked up the foul anyway.  I don't argue that fans tend to see what they want to see.  I only argue the validity of what they see.  I know when I watch a Laker game, I tend to see all the calls that LA gets shafted on.  And when people come here and act like it's so obvious, man you guys are just being ignorant.  I have friends who are celtics fans, who know the calls usually end up washing out.  Hedley always says that the home team gets the calls, and I think that's about all you can say for league bias.  This whole paranoid and juvenile theory that the league/stern has it out for the Celtics is just absurd.  If the league had it out for Boston, they'd be 0-82 every year.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Everyone imagines the bias I know - but - explain these statistics from the Finals last spring:

FTA - LA 200 - Bos 149 total in the series
    FTA games 5-7 -  LA 82 - Bos 40 including 37-17 in game 7?

This doesn't pass the smell test where I come from - heck Vince McMahon wouldn't write a script like the NBA does

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]Jofc and Flobus, The idea is this is BB for people who root for the Celtics.  Your being here does not upset me much especially since this year looks not so good for the Lakers so far.  The point is you bring nothing to the discussion, it is about our team.  If it was a NBA BB I could understand you presence.   You are here basically to pester and annoy what amounts to the opposition.  You bring nothing to the conversation as people here have a genuine interest in the Celtics.  We hate the Lakers and you hate the Celtics. This is not the Middle East we don't need to come together.  I know you won't leave but the muted tones of you idiots this year is enough satisfaction for me.  Without injury you know it is our year as it should have been last June.

Really?  I thought the Warriors should've won last June.  Hmmm.  But you bring up a good point that injuries are not part of the game.

It's also somewhat strange that you talk about not contributing to the conversation, but you're just posting to me.  Look, you can take shots at the Lakers, and LA, but don't expect everyone to just accept it like sheep.  Not even, and I know this is going to sound insane, not even on a Celtics board.

And since some fans LOVE bringing up free throw disparity, hey, anyone remember this one -

38-10 FTAs in favor of Boston.  Game 2 of the 2008 Finals. 4 times as many FTAs, 28 more, in a 6 point game.  Looks like the Celtics have been handed some games too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Really?  I thought the Warriors should've won last June.  Hmmm.  But you bring up a good point that injuries are not part of the game. It's also somewhat strange that you talk about not contributing to the conversation, but you're just posting to me.  Look, you can take shots at the Lakers, and LA, but don't expect everyone to just accept it like sheep.  Not even, and I know this is going to sound insane, not even on a Celtics board. And since some fans LOVE bringing up free throw disparity, hey, anyone remember this one - 38-10 FTAs in favor of Boston.  Game 2 of the 2008 Finals. 4 times as many FTAs, 28 more, in a 6 point game.  Looks like the Celtics have been handed some games too.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

In that game the Lakers never threatened the Celtics after the 1st qtr. By the end of the 3rd qtr. the Celtics already led by 22 points. It was only in the last minute and a half that the Lakers came within striking distance. The point is Game 2 of the 2008 Finals was not a close game like Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals. That's why comparing the FTAs of Game 2 of 2008 and Game 7 of 2010 is apples and oranges.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Admit it guys, us Celtic fans say much worse things about the Lakers, then they do about us. I mean we call one of their players a rapist, and they don't call any of our players that, oh wait a minute, we don't have a rapist on the C's team, forget what i just said!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] Admit it guys, us Celtic fans say much worse things about the Lakers, then they do about us. I mean we call one of their players a rapist, and they don't call any of our players that, oh wait a minute, we don't have a rapist on the C's team, forget what i just said!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

That's right! You claim to be a Celtic fan but Paul Pierce is on the same level with Brian Scalabrine according to you. What could be worse than that, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

listening for Heinson for years and years slants one's perspective.  It's just true.  He's good at his job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : That's right! You claim to be a Celtic fan but Paul Pierce is on the same level with Brian Scalabrine according to you. What could be worse than that, right?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You're such a CONTRARAIN, tell the guys i said hi!!  HAHAHA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA :  You're such a CONTRARAIN, tell the guys i said hi!!  HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

If you're accusing me of being COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN then you just proved to everyone that I was right, that everybody that disagrees with you is Fierce34.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

P34 - I see what you're saying.  I'm just using that example to show that officiating goes either way in any given game.  If the league and David Stern were pushing for the Lakers to win that game, only giving them 10 FTAs, compared to Boston's 38, was a very poor way of trying to make that happen.

Here's my stand.  The games count.  Anyone who goes back and cries about officiating, or injuries, or favoritism, needs to stop watching basketball and start watching chess tournaments. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Why are you concerned about what a Celtic Poster states on a Celtic Forum?  Funny I looked at two game threads from LA yesterday and didn't see one Celtic posting there.  Who is obsessed with who?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Because what he appeared to have stated was categorically untrue, or at the least unclear. I'm funny about the truth that way.

We are obsessed? Take a look at the front page of your Celtics board and tell me how many Laker-themed threads you guys have going.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Without injury you know it is our year as it should have been last June.
    Ah, the whiny excuse maker. If you believe Perk's injury prevented you from the title last year, what is your stand on Bynum's injury? It may not have taken him out of the game altogether, but it certainly severely limited his abililties through most of the series. And I'm sure you have no shortage of opinions on the injuries the Lakers played with in 08 as well, seeing as you love making excuses. Do tell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Do you own the LA Times?  Then what "concern" can you possibly have?  Your concern is of no concern to me.  And it was YOU who used the word "worse" in your last post.  "Celtics fans have called lakers fans much worse."  That's what you wrote - then, of course, when I ask you to prove it, you become like Phil Jackson and say it isn't really important, and who cares anyway. Glad to see you haven't changed, despite the smaller number of posts.
    Everyone on this board, Celtics fans included, fully realize that debating you is a fool's errand. 

You stated "on the LA Times, 'green slime', 'ceptics' are terms readily seen." Then you mentioned ONE user you claim used those words on the Lakers blog. Who exactly is making statements and not backing them up?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Because what he appeared to have stated was categorically untrue, or at the least unclear. I'm funny about the truth that way. We are obsessed? Take a look at the front page of your Celtics board and tell me how many Laker-themed threads you guys have going.

Yes you are obsessed.  Look at your posts on the CELTIC board.  Why are you infatuated with the C's.  You come here and try to get the upperhand on us. We are not on a LAKER board and could care less was FAKER fans think.  What we want to talk about does not concern you.   So yes I guess you could say you Fakers are obsesses.  Won't find us on your boards.