We're Sorry NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: We're Sorry NBA

In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA:
    In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Well they haven't gotten charged with rape yet.
    Posted by OneOnOne

And thank god he did, right?  I mean, it provides material for your 'zingers' against kobe.  I think it's great the way some of you joke about rape, it really is classy. 

I guess the only thing that would've been better for some of you is if he actually DID rape her, cause then he'd be in jail and you could REALLY lay into him. 

Pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

By the way, I wasn't targeting your post specifically OneOnOne, I was talking about the continued habit of making light of rape. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What do the Black Mamba and Tiger Woods have in common?

Answer: They are predators.

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think both are more like suckers than they are predators.  It's pretty obvious that Kobe kind of fell into a trap.  I've always disagreed with the term "rapist" in the kobe case.  Pretty clear the girl was trying to make something out of nothing.

Adulter applies, and it's bad enough.  As to calling Kareem a weed head, lets not forget a little incident involving the cheif.  Soemthing tells me this term would apply to half the nba.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I think both are more like suckers than they are predators.  It's pretty obvious that Kobe kind of fell into a trap.  I've always disagreed with the term "rapist" in the kobe case.  Pretty clear the girl was trying to make something out of nothing. Adulter applies, and it's bad enough.  As to calling Kareem a weed head, lets not forget a little incident involving the cheif.  Soemthing tells me this term would apply to half the nba.
    Posted by cole-ely

Solid reply man.  It aggravates me that LA fans just disregard the fact that he cheated on his wife as well.  As soon as the DA dropped the case, everyone in LA (ok not everyone) was like "i knew it, Kobe's clean!". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

It may not be excuseable, but adultery is certainly not the exception in the NBA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Solid reply man.  It aggravates me that LA fans just disregard the fact that he cheated on his wife as wellAs soon as the DA dropped the case, everyone in LA (ok not everyone) was like "i knew it, Kobe's clean!". 
    Posted by jofc

Quite true - now read Flobus' reply right below yours and see your words in action!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : Quite true - now read Flobus' reply right below yours and see your words in action!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I have never said that I excused Kobe's behavior. As a matter of fact, it is a large part of why I do not allow my son to wear any Kobe apparel. But YOU are the one that equated adultery to rape. And I will say it once again - if you believe that the Celtics squad is free of adulterers, you are living in a dreamland. So think twice before throwing stones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I think Flobus is pointing out the vast difference between adultery and rape.  One is detestable, the other is plain evil.  Honestly, I lost a lot of respect for Kobe because of that.  I don't see him the same way I did before the incident.  But I also don't see him for something that he isn't. 

And I don't respect anyone who calls him a rapist for two reasons.  One, they're ignorant of the facts.  And two, they're making light of a serious issue to take shots at a player who they don't like. 

I know, for fact, that if Kobe were on the Celtics, you'd have Boston fans defending him, and LA fans calling him a rapist.  Makes me sick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It may not be excuseable, but adultery is certainly not the exception in the NBA.

Sorry, but I don't read it that way.  Neither are "excusable" (very vague term, btw).  It MAY NOT be excusable?????? NO, it IS INexcusable.

And by saying it is certainly not the exception in the NBA, Flobus is legitimizing adultery by saying, "it's okay if everyone does it."

And NO, I would not like koME if he played on the Celtics.  I'd root for him to do well, but that is a far cry from liking him.

Remember Wil Cordero?  Guy hit his wife with a phone?  I went to a game and sat in the lower boxes.  Every time he came up, I stood up and faced the other way.....................does that mean I didn't want the Sox to win?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I'd root for him to do well, but that is a far cry from liking him.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

That pretty much sums up the way I view Kobe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

There are a lot of players I like that aren't on LA, and some players on LA that I don't like. 

I do like Gasol, he's a class act.  Odom is cool too, and he's overcome a lot.  Fisher is an A+ act, really is.  I don't like his flopping, but you won't ever hear me complain when he draws a foul. 

I like what Kobe brings as far as competitiveness, ambition, and killer instinct.  He's one of the great players of this game.  But I don't respect the fact that he cheated on his wife, and that he can let his competitive nature hurt his team, both on and off the court.  His comments about Bynum a few summers ago were flat out BS.  So yeah, I have mixed feelings about him.  If he were on any other team I wouldn't care for him at all, kind of like LeBron. 

Conversely, I like Rondo, Shaq (some of the time), and respect guys like KG, Pierce and Allen.  I don't like them, but respect them.  KG bothers me in the way Kobe does (minus the adultery).  His competitive nature gets to be too much sometimes, he becomes a cartoon character rather than a player.  The whole thing about barking at players, picking fights with european (and short) players, that kind of stuff.  It all keeps him off of my 'favorite players' list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

There are a lot of players I like that aren't on LA, and some players on LA that I don't like.  I do like Gasol, he's a class act.  Odom is cool too, and he's overcome a lot.  Fisher is an A+ act, really is.  I don't like his flopping, but you won't ever hear me complain when he draws a foul.  I like what Kobe brings as far as competitiveness, ambition, and killer instinct.  He's one of the great players of this game.  But I don't respect the fact that he cheated on his wife, and that he can let his competitive nature hurt his team, both on and off the court.  His comments about Bynum a few summers ago were flat out BS.  So yeah, I have mixed feelings about him.  If he were on any other team I wouldn't care for him at all, kind of like LeBron.  Conversely, I like Rondo, Shaq (some of the time), and respect guys like KG, Pierce and Allen.  I don't like them, but respect them.  KG bothers me in the way Kobe does (minus the adultery).  His competitive nature gets to be too much sometimes, he becomes a cartoon character rather than a player.  The whole thing about barking at players, picking fights with european (and short) players, that kind of stuff.  It all keeps him off of my 'favorite players' list.
    Posted by jofc

Nice, honest answer.  I don't care much for PP's flopping or the fact that KG seems to always be in someone's face, but they are great basketball players.  I long ago got over the "role model" thing, although I think some should embrace it.  Being the villain (kobe and lebran) sets a very bad example for youth today.  I mean embracing the role of villain, of course.  I actually respect athletes who say it IS all about the money, because it is.  And that's why I hope Carmelo gets royally scr...d in the new CBA and has to leave a ton of money on the table.  Sure, he can play where he wants to, but to demand a trade and then tie the teams hands as to which team he'll play for is very uncool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Jofc, what's not to like about ray allen?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

All those 3s he hits against LA.  Hahaha. 

I don't really have a problem with Ray Allen.  Pierce has rubbed me the wrong way a couple of times, but really, if any of those guys were on LA I'd be a fan.  KG would be a guy like Kobe, I'd love that he was on LA, but he'd bug me from time to time. 

Of course, I like them all over LeBron.  That guy really gets to me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

All those 3s he hits against LA.  Hahaha.  I don't really have a problem with Ray Allen.  Pierce has rubbed me the wrong way a couple of times, but really, if any of those guys were on LA I'd be a fan.  KG would be a guy like Kobe, I'd love that he was on LA, but he'd bug me from time to time.  Of course, I like them all over LeBron.  That guy really gets to me. 
    Posted by jofc

It is surprising to me that LeBron received so many votes to appear in the All-Star game this year.  I would have thought after his decision to join the Heat and the way that he left Cleveland, many NBA fans would really dislike him.  I always liked LeBron, but after last summer,  he became one of my most hated NBA players in recent years.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: We're Sorry NBA : It is surprising to me that LeBron received so many votes to appear in the All-Star game this year.  I would have thought after his decision to join the Heat and the way that he left Cleveland, many NBA fans would really dislike him.  I always liked LeBron, but after last summer,  he became one of my most hated NBA players in recent years.   
    Posted by susan250

Hypocrites?

Sections
Shortcuts