West & Wafer out longer...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

West & Wafer out longer...

Can you believe Delonte has only played 8 games this year??!!

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2185156/doc-delonte-out-weds-doubtful-fri

Both these guys can't afford to take their time coming back now that Arroyo & Sasha are learnign the system. West could fall in the depth chart and Wafer may not even make the play-off roster. 

Man-up Delonte!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: West & Wafer out longer...

Hard to pass judgement on injured dudes when you don't know whats wrong with them. Better to come back whole than just keep getting reinjured. The Celtics are still winning games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

More playing time for Arroyo and Pavlovic.

Wafer out indefinitely means he's in danger of losing his spot in the rotation to Pavlovic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The bigger concern, to me, is Baby claiming that he's lost some of his ups due to the recent patella tendon injury.  I don't think we see Wafer again for a long time, but I'm usually wrong about these things. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

With  all  the  injuries, the  Celts  have  been  fortunate  during  the  past  several  games  b/c  of  a  weak  schedule.  However, it's  frustrating  that  West  and  BBD  aren't  returning  for  atleast  a  few  more  games.      The  Celts  will  most  likely lose  Friday  in  Philly.  The  Celts  can't  afford  to  lose  too  many  more  games  if  they  want  to  stay  ahead  of  the  Bulls. We  need  to  get  some  of  our  injured  players  back  within  a  week.  It's  amazing  that  the  Celts, Red  Sox  and  Patriots  have  had  more  injuries  than  anyone  in  their  respective  leagues    the  past  year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

These injuries with West and Wafer are very frustrating as they may have been real factors in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Think West is an important part of our playoff picture.  Wafer I am unsure of

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Obviously I hope Pav plays well. It's too bad he'll be getting more time at the expense of a better player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: West & Wafer out longer...:
    Obviously I hope Pav plays well. It's too bad he'll be getting more time at the expense of a better player.
    Posted by OneNation

Not necessarily. 

Career Stats

Pavlovic -  40.6% FG  35.2% 3pt FG  68.7% FT  5.4 ppg
    Wafer - 41.4% FG  32.3% 3pt FG  76.6% FT  5.1 ppg

As a player Wafer looks like he's the better player. Unfortunately he has only shown flashes of brilliance this season. He has not been consistent all season long. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: West & Wafer out longer... : Not necessarily.  Career Stats Pavlovic -  40.6% FG  35.2% 3pt FG  68.7% FT  5.4 ppg Wafer - 41.4% FG  32.3% 3pt FG  76.6% FT  5.1 ppg As a player Wafer looks like he's the better player. Unfortunately he has only shown flashes of brilliance this season. He has not been consistent all season long. 
    Posted by P34

No comparison on taking the ball to the hoop or breaking his man down. I'll stick to those two games against L.A. and Miami as testament to his game. Really is opinion driven, but I'll take Von. It may be moot depending on his injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: West & Wafer out longer... : No comparison on taking the ball to the hoop or breaking his man down. I'll stick to those two games against L.A. and Miami as testament to his game. Really is opinion driven, but I'll take Von. It may be moot depending on his injury.
    Posted by OneNation

You are right, Wafer is very good at going to the hoop. On the other hand, Pavlovic is taller and shoots better from 3pt land. Both players are also not known for defense, so who plays better defense will be the one getting the minutes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: West & Wafer out longer... : You are right, Wafer is very good at going to the hoop. On the other hand, Pavlovic is taller and shoots better from 3pt land. Both players are also not known for defense, so who plays better defense will be the one getting the minutes. 
    Posted by P34

Your right about Pav's stroke. It's nice when he is rolling. We'll so how things pan out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    I think you have to take into account the very little Wafer has been allowed to do when playing.  He rarely got the ball and just recently was allowed to create drives to the basket or shoot his outside shot.

He has a very good three point shot. I am sure that is why DA brought him here.
    Pavlovic may be a fraction ahead on the three in stats but Wafer clearly shots the three with little effort and is more fluid.

I hope Pavlovic is as good as you say.  I think Wafer at the two guard is a better choice and will be there during playoff time.

I think with all the injuries we see there is no way of knowing who is going to be backing up our starters come playoff time.  If you judge Murphy by what he has shown he has a long way to go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34, I think you have to take into account the very little Wafer has been allowed to do when playing.  He rarely got the ball and just recently was allowed to create drives to the basket or shoot his outside shot. He has a very good three point shot. I am sure that is why DA brought him here. Pavlovic may be a fraction ahead on the three in stats but Wafer clearly shots the three with little effort and is more fluid. I hope Pavlovic is as good as you say.  I think Wafer at the two guard is a better choice and will be there during playoff time. I think with all the injuries we see there is no way of knowing who is going to be backing up our starters come playoff time.  If you judge Murphy by what he has shown he has a long way to go.
    Posted by concord27

The Celts played 6 games with Wafer as the only backup SG/SF on the roster after Daniels got hurt. In that span Wafer only managed to score in double figures one time, against Miami on Feb. 13. Even with extended minutes Wafer wasn't able to increase his production. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: West & Wafer out longer... : The Celts played 6 games with Wafer as the only backup SG/SF on the roster after Daniels got hurt. In that span Wafer only managed to score in double figures one time, against Miami on Feb. 13. Even with extended minutes Wafer wasn't able to increase his production. 
    Posted by P34

They acted like Wafer would come back in when he got hurt.  Now he is out for extended period.  I wonder is he is really soft.  Sasha isn't I don't thnk.  Doc sure thought he played some defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Wafer out too!  That only leaves us with Bradley and Harangody on the bench. 

Oh wait, we made the trades that brought in healthy bodies and allowed us to sign free agents.

So we still have ten players active.

PA

Sections
Shortcuts