WEST, DAVIS, GREEN AND A BIG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WEST, DAVIS, GREEN AND A BIG

It is in our best interest to keep West, Davis, Green and get a big.  That would give us a very good team.  The Heat are going to load up with most of the guys that would come ahead of them.  Camp would be much easier because of the playing time this unit already has and could get us off to a good start.  Our only chance is that the big three are healthy and carry us in the playoffs, anyway.  The rookies might work out but I doubt that the draft choice from Texas last year will help us much.  Around mid season the Celts, if things are going south might make a trade or two with an eye to building a future team.  I feel like we still have a shot and yes there are players that I like better, but I do not feel like they will be available , except mabey through a trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: WEST, DAVIS, GREEN AND A BIG

I vote to make one more run , even if it includes a trade or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to WEST, DAVIS, GREEN AND A BIG:
    It is in our best interest to keep West, Davis, Green and get a big.  That would give us a very good team.  The Heat are going to load up with most of the guys that would come ahead of them.  Camp would be much easier because of the playing time this unit already has and could get us off to a good start.  Our only chance is that the big three are healthy and carry us in the playoffs, anyway.  The rookies might work out but I doubt that the draft choice from Texas last year will help us much.  Around mid season the Celts, if things are going south might make a trade or two with an eye to building a future team.  I feel like we still have a shot and yes there are players that I like better, but I do not feel like they will be available , except mabey through a trade.
    Posted by maryngary

West,  Green  and a big  - yes
    Davis is gone - they want to do a sign and trade.
    Read my thread entitled "What to do with Baby" and tell me what you think!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, BBD is probably gone......unless the league looks at him as too overvalued based on his weight and performance in the playoffs last year.  In that case, he may have to come crawling back and accept Danny's offer.

But, most GM's know basketball and know that his performance in the playoffs last year was probably due to injury or a bad month for him that's not indicative of what he can do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What about these moves:

1) re-sign J. Green, D. West, and V. Wafer

2) work out sign and trade for G. Davis (C's receive 2012 draft choice / best deal available)

3) trade R. Allen to Bulls for 2012 1st round draft pick and Omer Asik

4) use money freed up in Allen trade to sign Dalembert 

5) use amnesty clause to release J. Oneal

6) of course, sign rooks JJ Johnson and E. Moore

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: WEST, DAVIS, GREEN AND A BIG:
    What about these moves: 1) re-sign J. Green, D. West, and V. Wafer 2) work out sign and trade for G. Davis (C's receive 2012 draft choice / best deal available) 3) trade R. Allen to Bulls for 2012 1st round draft pick and Omer Asik 4) use money freed up in Allen trade to sign Dalembert  5) use amnesty clause to release J. Oneal 6) of course, sign rooks JJ Johnson and E. Moore
    Posted by BCSP

Who takes Ray Allen's place?  He is probably the best and most reliable player of the big 3, considering his work ethic.  Losing Ray would be a big loss for the Celtics unless he was traded for another similar player.  Although, I wouldn't want to see this happen. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

It looks like we step over the tax line no matter what.

About the only way I can see us bringing in Dalembert is by using the amnesty clause on O'Neal and parting ways with Davis; and we would still be over but minus O'Neal. I think under the new rules another way we we might be able to go is to put Sheed's money under amnesty since he's under contract but off the roster.  Moving Ray in order to do a deal leaves too big a scoring void, and we have problems in that department as it is.

Talk is we're interested in Chandler, but I don't know how we do that one.

Dalembert or Kwame Brown appear more likely, and Ainge reportedly likes Brown's game.  I didn't know he had one...

I can see West coming back, and Wafer for lack of another inexpensive scoring option off the bench.  We'll probably stretch as far as we have to in order to sign Green and let Davis go.  Under the new rules Green is probably going to be one of the FA's getting a shorter term, less lucrative contract than he wants and having to show something of value in order to take a shot at free agency again in a couple of years; that may help us out.

To me it looks like;

PF: KG, Johnson, [Free Agent/mystery signee]
    SF: Pierce, Green
    C: O'Neal, Johnson (4/5), [Free Agent/mystery signee], maybe Krstic by spring 
    G: Rondo, Ray, Moore, West, Wafer, Bradley

The mystery guests could turn out to be something like Brown and Carl Landry.

Our main point might be to start working in a young transition core with Rondo, Green and Johnson while getting ready for KG and Ray's big contracts, and that of the invisible Sheed, to end after this season.

Regards

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think BBD is going attract very little in the way of the good offers he expects.  We will be able to sign him for cheap.  His weight issues and his hogging the ball according to Shaq, don't bode well for him being a key pick up on a good team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Davis and Green are bums

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Davis one of the best bigs we have a chance at, he can do it all and has, he knows the systems, if not him we are looking at Powe or other third rate players that will be available for the Celts.  The Celts are not gettting the best players with the money they have.  (without a trade and who wants Rondo?)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Celts have plenty of cap room that isn't the issue it is getting players interested in coming east. It is never or almost never an issue of money it all has to do with getting a player to come play here for the prestige and chance at a championship and leaving the warmer hipper locales behind.

That is why I say go after Kris Humphries because he must want to distance himself from Kim and the west coast scene. And he is a better player then Big Baby.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I like Kris Humphries on the Celtics.  I don't know if it is on Danny's radar at this  point.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE would be lucky to resign our last year's team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celts have plenty of cap room that isn't the issue it is getting players interested in coming east. It is never or almost never an issue of money it all has to do with getting a player to come play here for the prestige and chance at a championship and leaving the warmer hipper locales behind. That is why I say go after Kris Humphries because he must want to distance himself from Kim and the west coast scene. And he is a better player then Big Baby.
    Posted by DaBlade

Hmmmm, excuse me but no, the C's do NOT have plenty of cap room.  In fact, they have none!  They only have the one $3M exception plus the ability to sign their own free agents (Green and BBD) and if they don't play their cards right, they won't even have the mid-level exception!   C's are tight this year but the good news is that they have lots of cap room next year when Ray, KG, Sheed, Shaq, and JON all come off the books at the same time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I like Kris Humphries on the Celtics.  I don't know if it is on Danny's radar at this  point.  
    Posted by concord27
           He may be on the radar, we only have 3 million to offer, unless we do a sign and trade which is much more difficult.  Danny has very little to work with, we are already in the lux. tax area.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West is a very important player to resign.  I doubt that we will be able to resign him with what we have to offer.

Sections
Shortcuts