West Gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobetheman. Show kobetheman's posts

West Gone

Celtics better hope Bradley is the real deal, because West is gone until the all star break. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Re: West Gone

In Response to West Gone:
    [QUOTE]Celtics better hope Bradley is the real deal, because West is gone until the all star break. 
    Posted by kobetheman[/QUOTE]

8 to 10 weeks. not good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A little premature about Wests injury, although it didnt look too good.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

broken wrist

damn

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge has got to go get Stackhouse or someone off the street. We can't go without West and JON. Too much on the starters. The guy doesn't have to be an All Star but a good player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Allen Iverson????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Stackhouse might be a good option, is there anyone else available?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

At least it's not his shooting hand.  Hope this doesn't force Doc to bring back Rondo too soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I think Celtics' blog is ovestating the severity of West's injury.

"West appeared to be fouled by Travis Outlaw and was knocked off balance after soaring to the basket. He stayed on the floor for several months and was led to the locker room by head trainer Ed Lacerte and team doctor Brian McKeon."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: West Gone:
    [QUOTE]Allen Iverson????
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Do you REALLY want that baggage???

Besides, I think his contract says he can go after the first season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

They'll be LUCKY to have him back by All-Star break. Wrists can take a lot longer than that to heal properly. Let's hope the fracture's not a severe one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Tough break for Delonte. It could have been worse though. Fortunately it was his right wrist and not his left. He'll be able to shoot at least while his non shooting wright wrist heals. If it were his left wrist it would be a much worse situation.
        I'm not an M.D however I assume the severity of the brake would be a factor in regards to the healing process. It will be interesting to find out what the severity of the brake is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Doc will probably have to give Bradley some playing time while both Rondo and West are out. Bradley's definitely raw at this point, but he may just surprise us. Let's hope ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]broken wrist damn
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

I would hate for it to be like this, but his contract is not guaranteed. I hope it doesn't come to that, and I don't know how long he will be gone. Best of luck to him for a speedy recovery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I think we'll see Marquis running the point again as our backup. Seems to me that Wafer will get some extra minutes as Pierce's backup. That would be my solution tho ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Get better soon Delonte.  I feel for you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I think we'll see Marquis running the point again as our backup. Seems to me that Wafer will get some extra minutes as Pierce's backup. That would be my solution tho ...
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

oh i really hope not.  marquies flopped as the back up 1 last year.  give the job to nate.  doesn't matter if nate and marquis play together as the 2nd unit but nate is the BETTER ball handler and playmaker of the two. 

i really fear for ray allen.  we are right back where we were before where he will be clocking 40 a night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

No need to panic. The Celtics had a better record without Delonte West than with him. I'm not blaming him for the modest slide, just saying that Boston can obviously survive without him.

While Rondo and West are both out, the minute allotment should be as follows:

PG Robinson - 35 minutes, Pierce - 8 minutes, Bradley - 5 minutes.
    SG Allen - 35 minutes, Von Wafer - 13 minutes.
    SF Pierce - 28 minutes, Daniels - 20 minutes.

When Rondo returns, it gets a lot easier. Rondo plays 35 minutes at PG, with Robinson picking up the other 13, plus West's 13 at backup SG. In the meantime, I think the Celtics can do fine with Von Wafer playing 13 minutes a night. The guy can flat out shoot and he's a better rebounder than I thought. I'm not worried about increased minutes for Daniels either. He's a very good defender, a decent shooter, and strong in the open floor. I think he might be the most underrated player on the team. He could start for half the clubs in the league. I just don't like him as a PG. I'd rather let Pierce bring the ball up for 8 or so minutes, as long as it's in the first half. Pierce is a decent ball-handler when not dealing with pressure situations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

It's not good, but i think they will be fine. Von Wafer didn't look too bad tonight on defense. managed to draw an offensive foul on NJ. Like Tommy said "at least its his right hand" I guess West is a lefty shooter. A good thing this injury didnt happen in march, then he would be screwed for the playoffs. At least its now and he can heal and be fine for playoffs. hopefully......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to West Gone:
    [QUOTE]Celtics better hope Bradley is the real deal, because West is gone until the all star break. 
    Posted by kobetheman[/QUOTE]

I doubt if Doc will give Bradley much minutes, he will probabling just go back to playing Rondo, when he comes back, along with Nate, Ray and Pierce more minutes again like he did when West was still suspended.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: West Gone : oh i really hope not.  marquies flopped as the back up 1 last year.  give the job to nate.  doesn't matter if nate and marquis play together as the 2nd unit but nate is the BETTER ball handler and playmaker of the two.  i really fear for ray allen.  we are right back where we were before where he will be clocking 40 a night.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]Marquis somehow can't hold on to the ball. He  either loses grip of it or it's knocked  out of his hands. Nate's not great at the point guard position, but he dribbles and passes a lot better than Marquis. With regard tp Ray Allen's back-up, Doc has little option but to go to Wafer and Bradley more often. DA just announced that he didn't plan to make any roster changes at the moment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE are not getting anyone, West will return but his injury could cost us a few games. He would have been a big part of this year, tough for him and us.  If Rondo continues to have problems , and he has had them all year, we could be looking for a guard later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not expecting Bradley to pick up any minutes. Heck, when Delonte was serving his 10 game suspension, AB didnt get in a game. Maybe now thats his injury has healed it may be different. Ainge was quoted indicating AB has to step up.

Sections
Shortcuts