West is back!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

West is back!!

Well now that our "savior" is back to being our backup PG, let's see how the 2nd unit plays now. So many have been waiting for this day to come. I'm interested to see how Doc uses the West/Nate/Wafer. Wafer is starting to play well but Doc likes to leave either PP or RA on the court.

What is the status of Shaq??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lani234. Show lani234's posts

Re: West is back!!

In Response to West is back!!:
    Well now that our "savior" is back to being our backup PG, let's see how the 2nd unit plays now. So many have been waiting for this day to come. I'm interested to see how Doc uses the West/Nate/Wafer. Wafer is starting to play well but Doc likes to leave either PP or RA on the court. What is the status of Shaq??
    Posted by BiasLewis

report is that shaq will be back after the west  trip

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Im happy that West is back! Finally!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

glad to see west back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Well now that our "savior" is back to being our backup PG, let's see how the 2nd unit plays now. So many have been waiting for this day to come. I'm interested to see how Doc uses the West/Nate/Wafer. Wafer is starting to play well but Doc likes to leave either PP or RA on the court. What is the status of Shaq??
    Posted by BiasLewis

Not a savior, but definitely a contributor and a scorer if he can stay on the court

Nice to have time to gel before the playoffs

Would be even better if they can turn Wafer or Nate and change into Shane Battier...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

dont expect it to be all good rite away tonight tho..give him a couple weeks to get some continuity with the second unit. im def excited about this tho.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: West is back!!:
    dont expect it to be all good rite away tonight tho..give him a couple weeks to get some continuity with the second unit. im def excited about this tho.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I am not as concerned about the second unit, I am more concerned with how he runs the first team in crunch time, at the end of quarters, etc.  Rondo will have a front row seat - I wonder if he will clap when West is running the team in crunch time and West is hitting 3s, getting to the rim and making 85% of his freebies, hitting jumpers, and the team's offensive output goes up dramatically.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: West is back!! :   I am not as concerned about the second unit, I am more concerned with how he runs the first team in crunch time, at the end of quarters, etc.  Rondo will have a front row seat - I wonder if he will clap when West is running the team in crunch time and West is hitting 3s, getting to the rim and making 85% of his freebies, hitting jumpers, and the team's offensive output goes up dramatically.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Rondo is like a great starting pitcher with a pitch count

He'll go for 7 or 8 innings great, but he can't finish out games.  You can't discredit the first "7 or 8 innings" in which Rondo got 10pts, 5+rebs, 12+ast, and 2stl, but the end game is out of the half-court set where there is more foul shooting.

As for Rondo's ego, we'll see... but facts are facts and I agree that the Celtics' late-game offense will improve dramatically as long as the other team doesn't have a speed advantage at point guard that would force Rondo back onto the floor to play defense.  I wonder if Delonte can stay in front of the likes of Westbrook or Paul or Rose if necessary

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: West is back!! : Rondo is like a great starting pitcher with a pitch count He'll go for 7 or 8 innings great, but he can't finish out games.  You can't discredit the first "7 or 8 innings" in which Rondo got 10pts, 5+rebs, 12+ast, and 2stl, but the end game is out of the half-court set where there is more foul shooting. As for Rondo's ego, we'll see... but facts are facts and I agree that the Celtics' late-game offense will improve dramatically as long as the other team doesn't have a speed advantage at point guard that would force Rondo back onto the floor to play defense.  I wonder if Delonte can stay in front of the likes of Westbrook or Paul or Rose if necessary
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I'll take a bit less defense for a lot more offense at crunch time.

I agree. Rondo gives us a good two and a half to three quarters. After that, not much at all. I can live with that as long as we have a BUPG who can finish the game.

If ego problems arise.... I have a solution for that too.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

BiasLewis, did you pick up a half gallon of sarcasm on your last trip to the grocery store?
    Count me among the many waiting for this day and among the few who are gonna sit on the sidelines for a week or two before we start to understand how much it helps us.
    But it is a definite plus for the RR/Nate/Wafer/West/RA quinto.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West healthy would be the best finsiher, but you know Doc.

Sections
Shortcuts