West Officially a Pacer

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: West Officially a Pacer

As discussed many times, the top free agents are not so enamoured with Celtics history that they forget other factors and just flock to Boston ( like they do in Miami, NYC, and LA). Paul, West, and Howard have all rejected us. Frustrating. Keep trying, Danny.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: West Officially a Pacer:
    [QUOTE]As discussed many times, the top free agents are not so enamoured with Celtics history that they forget other factors and just flock to Boston ( like they do in Miami, NYC, and LA). Paul, West, and Howard have all rejected us. Frustrating. Keep trying, Danny.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah and Indiana is a real hotbed of sun, fun, and culture?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm telling you  - we need to go after Paul AND Okafor - they cannot turn that down!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I always though West was a long shot.  When I heard the deal involved Jermaine I knew it would never happen.  We tried.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Have we used the MLE yet?

Knicks can only offer Crawford 2.5...if we can offer 3.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: West Officially a Pacer : MLE not good enough ... NY trying to work a S&T to get him long term.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

A shame, we need a straight up scorer off the bench

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]WojYahooNBA:  To be accurate, Boston had a sign-and-trade with New Orleans for David West ready to do. West wanted more money annually , took Pacers offer. $ over Championship .... SOB!!!

HHHMMM, sounds like he is totally committed to the Pacers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]WojYahooNBA:  To be accurate, Boston had a sign-and-trade with New Orleans for David West ready to do. West wanted more money annually , took Pacers offer. $ over Championship .... SOB!!!

No kidding! Why would he turn down an extra guaranteed year (3 x $9mm/yr) and a chance at a ring in Boston for only $1mm (2 x $10mm/yr) more anually?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

hahahahahahahahahahaha win a championship in indiana? is that some kind of a joke? yea keep telling that yourself you greedy s.o.b!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

As I said in another thread, right now DA has to stop dealing with the NO FO (because it's just been a time suck) and stop confiding or trying involve his buddy Larry in Indiana and just get us some damn players!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Maybe the NBA regects West's move asd not in the best interests of the NBA.. bad joke I know

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How do we know the Celtics are not going to make a deal with the Pacers?  Some kind of three way deal could be in the works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]How do we know the Celtics are not going to make a deal with the Pacers?  Some kind of three way deal could be in the works.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't think so because Bird seems to really like West.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AumNytWWT.VYXpFxu9Z2fze8vLYF?slug=ys-free_agent_buzz_121111
    Also, it looks like West decided to take $2mm more annually than the C's offered but only over 2 years, so its $20 mm vs. $24 mm...a little more understandable but still stinks for us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Well I hope it works out well for Larry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: West Officially a Pacer": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: West Officially a Pacer : Yeah and Indiana is a real hotbed of sun, fun, and culture? Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE] You completely missed the point. What he did NOT do is pass up the short term money and wait for the C's or just do his free agency hire with us. Instead of going to the great Celtics franchise, he took the money and ran. We can't romanticiize that FA players will come here because we're a top city with a great franchise. Paul and Howard don't WANT to come here and West immediately went for the shorter term money (2yr, $10M per year vs a 4 yr deal with us).

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.