West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Hey!! Talk to me when it is playoff time. You probably were ragging on the celtics last year also.

So who is playing center for Miami??? I can't remember any team winning a championship without a good center. Can you?

Are you Dudder in disguise? If you are not, you are still a dud(der).

Wait a second. I am smelling a stink. It must be you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

The 2010 lakers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older.:
    [QUOTE]               Talk about "off season" euphoria. I'd like to know what many of you people are smoking. Cleveland {and Phoenix before them} were MUCH BETTER teams when Shaq wasn't playing. He is the worst pick and roll defender in the history of basketball now. He can't block the middle because he can't move. On offense when you go inside to him it takes so long for the play to develop you could have a cup of coffee and read the paper before he gets the shot off. Regardless of what statistics you throw my way he can't rebound anymore.........not good "tough" rebounds that matter. He can't move quick enough. He's awful now. Wait and see............O'Neal was as bad against Boston in the play-offs last year as any player I've ever seen play the game of basketball................West stinks. He can't handle the ball well enough and "see the floor" well enough to be a good point guard and he's a very inconsistant shooter. He'll play a little defense once in awhile. Garnett is a year older. Peirce is a year older. Allen is a year older. Perkins is a year older {knee.} For people to say this is going to be a "great Celtic team?"............"Roll another one. Just like the other one. You've been holding on to that one and I sure would like a hit."
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

We will have to wait and see but generally I agree.  I think that J O'Neal has just about nothing left, Shaq even at this stage of his career will be the best center they have had since the Chief.  Shaq's 13 and 8 and presence in the paint will make some intelligent people say Perk Who..... D West was and remains the second best D West in the league and will likely have no impact other than probably killing a family on the expressway by being high on meth and crashing into a minivan, Rondo will continue to ignore the fact that his weaknesses are somewhat important as coach K has shown us, all the key players are a year older, etc.

The thing that I find amazingly ironic, funny, silly, stupid, and simplistic is that people think that the compilation of the Big 3 in Miami as a travesty and somehow the league should be investigated and how the rules need to be reviewed, etc.  The Cs compiled a Big 3 by using expiring contracts and a bunch of players that have had zero impact in the league but for some ridiculous reason when Miami clears cap space and signs players it is somehow a travesty and should be investigated.

We should all try to remember when the BIG 3 was assembled, the reason they were called the BIG 3 is that they were BIG - actually BIG.  In the current nomenclature the BIG 3 means BIG as in BIGtime players, not BIGs.

The Cs have by no means have a BIG 3 by the old definition but do have a big 3 by the current defintion, 3 stars but there are several teams that have 3 players that one could easily argue that are just as good............  OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, and Zach Randolph are easily the equal..... as are any number of other BIG 3s...Kobe, Gasol, Bynum.

Of course there are those that love to add Rondo to make a BIG 4 and there were those last year that had wood about a BIG 5 until Perk showed that he was nothing more than a journeyman and proved game in and game out that there are at least 20 other guys in the league that can help make up the BIG 5.  Are they worse off with just about every other center in the league?  Not a chance.  No other player benefits more from playing with his teammates than perhaps his teammate at the point.

Coach K is obviously an idiot when he walked Rondo, well unless of course he realized like some INTELLIGENT people that Curry, Westbrook, and about a dozen other 1s are ahead of Rondo. 

Build around Rondo and sign up for about 6 years of head and shoulders - headscratching....  people have been saying over and over that Rondo's contract will  look like a no brainer and I completely agree..  pay average money for a point guard and get an average point guard... there has been a lot of talk about how he is such a bargain and I say as usual, you get what you pay for and in this case, nothing could be further from the truth... average price = average point guard.......

There has never been as much Mookie Blaylock love as I have seen here, a very quick bad shooter, good passer, etc.  For those that are retiring #9 let's wait a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I am hoping that Rondo's experience with Team USA will be a wakeup call and gets him serious about rounding out his offensive game.

If he does that, then he becomes quite a bargain at 11 mil/year.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older. : We will have to wait and see but generally I agree.  I think that J O'Neal has just about nothing left, Shaq even at this stage of his career will be the best center they have had since the Chief.  Shaq's 13 and 8 and presence in the paint will make some intelligent people say Perk Who..... D West was and remains the second best D West in the league and will likely have no impact other than probably killing a family on the expressway by being high on meth and crashing into a minivan, Rondo will continue to ignore the fact that his weaknesses are somewhat important as coach K has shown us, all the key players are a year older, etc. The thing that I find amazingly ironic, funny, silly, stupid, and simplistic is that people think that the compilation of the Big 3 in Miami as a travesty and somehow the league should be investigated and how the rules need to be reviewed, etc.  The Cs compiled a Big 3 by using expiring contracts and a bunch of players that have had zero impact in the league but for some ridiculous reason when Miami clears cap space and signs players it is somehow a travesty and should be investigated. We should all try to remember when the BIG 3 was assembled, the reason they were called the BIG 3 is that they were BIG - actually BIG.  In the current nomenclature the BIG 3 means BIG as in BIGtime players, not BIGs. The Cs have by no means have a BIG 3 by the old definition but do have a big 3 by the current defintion, 3 stars but there are several teams that have 3 players that one could easily argue that are just as good............  OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, and Zach Randolph are easily the equal..... as are any number of other BIG 3s...Kobe, Gasol, Bynum. Of course there are those that love to add Rondo to make a BIG 4 and there were those last year that had wood about a BIG 5 until Perk showed that he was nothing more than a journeyman and proved game in and game out that there are at least 20 other guys in the league that can help make up the BIG 5.  Are they worse off with just about every other center in the league?  Not a chance.  No other player benefits more from playing with his teammates than perhaps his teammate at the point. Coach K is obviously an idiot when he walked Rondo, well unless of course he realized like some INTELLIGENT people that Curry, Westbrook, and about a dozen other 1s are ahead of Rondo.  Build around Rondo and sign up for about 6 years of head and shoulders - headscratching....  people have been saying over and over that Rondo's contract will  look like a no brainer and I completely agree..  pay average money for a point guard and get an average point guard... there has been a lot of talk about how he is such a bargain and I say as usual, you get what you pay for and in this case, nothing could be further from the truth... average price = average point guard....... There has never been as much Mookie Blaylock love as I have seen here, a very quick bad shooter, good passer, etc.  For those that are retiring #9 let's wait a while.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

THEY?
    You mean WE don't you?

Oh, right, I forgot, you're a Knicks fan!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to figure your post. First, according to the rules of nature, everyone in the NBA is a year older than last year, not just the big 3. In KGs case, a year older may give us a better player... last years KG was close to the previous version. With a better knee, the trade off for a year may give us a much better player.

Ray is a year older but the guy still plays like a 28 year old. He dogged Kobe and crushed him defensively... No oldtimer would have been able to do that. Ray is older bu t still has the physical capabilities of a much younger player.

Pierce is the one argument that a year older may be much worse for us. His game and consistency took a hit last year.  Trying to be objective here... Id have to think things for PP will be getting worse, not better.

Why attack Shaq and say he cant rebound or play? He very very effective against us in the playoffs. He couldnt be stopped in the post.. and thats with Perk playing him, got his fair share of rebounds too,. Coming off the bench, hes going to help us..  What 2nd team center is going to defend him in the post? Hes also a good passer.. Have to disagree with your assessment.

West is a screwball. Hes also a good player, can shoot, play some PG and defensive. Truth is, hes still a roll of the dice cause hes unreliable and was a disaster last year for the Cavs. Also, teammates need to buy chastidy belts for their moms with him around.

Jermaine is a great pick up. I was never crazy about the guy but hes BIG, rebounds and has an offensive game that must be respected. No more of the days when defenses could slack off of BOTH rondo & Perk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older. : You're right....we won with our starting center on one healthy leg. Now, who were the fools we beat?? Such is life. Enjoy the gif!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

Tick Tock......................
    Sorry to see the 12 yr old/stalker/lone surviving troll is up early today.......keep stalking me, son, go ahead.

The lakers should trade Bynum now while they can still get something for him.  One more injury to those fragile knees and you're stuck with him and his 12 mill forever!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: West stinks, Shaq stinks, O'Neal stinks and everyone else is a yr older. : Tick tock, tick tock.... It's a little closer to the hoisting of the newest banner for the back to back World Champion Los Angeles Lakers, Oh yeah, Bynum on one leg is easily better than a healthy hands of stone! Enjoy the gif.
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]
    Keep stalking me, go ahead!

Sections
Shortcuts