Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy

He is going down in flames.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy

"pass the ball"- thunder coach scott brooks

That should say alot about his performance. Benched for Maynor who ran the show. Good athlete, poor decision maker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

tHIS IS OUR SAVIOR ACCORDING TO DUDDER,... A complete player and Rondo is not...He is very complete if you play him as a 2 guard, but he is far away from a complete pg... what a joke

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy:
    [QUOTE]He is going down in flames.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

As I said in another thread, he is 22 years old and has some growing up to do - as does the guy wearing #9 who almost singlehandedly cost the Cs the #1 seed by playing like s hit after Perk got traded - talk about immature.  Maybe in 3 years when Westbrook is 25 he could be as immature as Rondo is now when Rondo is 25.

Suffice it to say Scottie Brooks is in a good position when he has 2 point guards better than Rondo.

p.s. he is not my guy - he is a F'IN all-star, someone other than me thinks he is pretty good apparently.  With C Paul potentially coming into the east, D Will already here, John Wall, D Rose, and perhaps Kyrie Irving Rondo will never see another all-star game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Westbrook was very disappointing last night.  Not sure what happens to him, but he has some of the "Kobe" me first mentality in him.  Westbrook needs to be more a team player and pass first and shoot as the second option. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy:
    [QUOTE]Rondo and Perk would be able to get back to doing each others nails or cuddling under a blanket with a flashlight telling scary stories or whatever else they did that caused Rajon's heart to be broken.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

Funny !  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : As I said in another thread, he is 22 years old and has some growing up to do - as does the guy wearing #9 who almost singlehandedly cost the Cs the #1 seed by playing like s hit after Perk got traded - talk about immature.  Maybe in 3 years when Westbrook is 25 he could be as immature as Rondo is now when Rondo is 25. Suffice it to say Scottie Brooks is in a good position when he has 2 point guards better than Rondo. p.s. he is not my guy - he is a F'IN all-star, someone other than me thinks he is pretty good apparently.  With C Paul potentially coming into the east, D Will already here, John Wall, D Rose, and perhaps Kyrie Irving Rondo will never see another all-star game.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You named lots of guys last year that would keep Rondo out of the all star game.  Guys like Jameer, Wall, Augustine, etc.  and many more.   Guess you were wrong about that those guys.  PS Rondo is not my guy , he a a F'IN all-star,  someone other than me thinks he is pretty good apparently.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Rondo was great in the playoffs,until he had to play without his left arm. 

The old guys on the team wear down,and struggle at the end of the season. This is the main reason.   

They can regroup for the playoffs,because the Celtics usually sit them the last 2 or 3 games,and they have 3 or 4 days off at the end of the season.
    They then get a week to a week and a half to rest up for the playoffs.

They get rest in between games and series,and can give it all every game.
    The Bulls gave it all every game during the regular season,so they were going to out race a team saving its old legs for the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : You named lots of guys last year that would keep Rondo out of the all star game.  Guys like Jameer, Wall, Augustine, etc.  and many more.   Guess you were wrong about that those guys.  PS Rondo is not my guy , he a a F'IN all-star,  someone other than me thinks he is pretty good apparently.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You are mixing up several things that I have said but of course I would expect nothing more or less from you.

I never said Nelson would keep Rondo out of the all-star game, however Nelson was an all-star before Rondo.

I have said that in the coming years Rose, Wall, Deron Williams, perhaps C Paul if he comes to the eastern conference would as well.  I also expect that Kyrie Irving will threaten to become one of the best in the east over the next several years.

I have also said that there are probably at least a dozen point guards who if flipped flopped for Rondo would make the Cs better or no worse, that is when I probably mentione Augustin.

when I wrote p.s. Rondo is not my guy, he's an f'in all-star so someone else must think he is pretty good apparently.  I meant to type Westbrook is not my guy but typed Rondo by mistake - the post that I was responding to said to me "Westbrook is my guy" as if I am the only person on the planet that thinks Westbrook is a great young player - he was an all-star and I don't get a vote so apparently someone else thinks he is a great young player...... there were 5 all-star point guards in the all-star game and Rondo was the only one that missed a layup and the worst of the 5 by any measure other than how many hall of famers he gets to play with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : As I said in another thread, he is 22 years old and has some growing up to do - as does the guy wearing #9 who almost singlehandedly cost the Cs the #1 seed by playing like s hit after Perk got traded - talk about immature.  Maybe in 3 years when Westbrook is 25 he could be as immature as Rondo is now when Rondo is 25. Suffice it to say Scottie Brooks is in a good position when he has 2 point guards better than Rondo. p.s. he is not my guy - he is a F'IN all-star, someone other than me thinks he is pretty good apparently.  With C Paul potentially coming into the east, D Will already here, John Wall, D Rose, and perhaps Kyrie Irving Rondo will never see another all-star game.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Even at his most immature, Rondo was still dishing out more assists than Westbrook.  From what I've seen in Game 6 vs the Grizzlies along with Games 1 & 2 of the Western Conference Finals.  And Rondo conceded to Pierce, Garnett, and Allen right from the get-go.  There was never any issue about him passing the ball to future Hall of Famers, which we can't say about Westbrook-Durant

The opportunity cost of Westbrook's lack of passing vision and insistence on throwing himself recklessly into the lane is a shot that Kevin Durant could have taken at a higher percentage (or free throws that Durant still shoots at a higher percentage, or an Ibaka dunk, or an open three-pointer by Harden).

Westbrook has elite potential, but I don't like what I've seen from him so far. One great Game 7 sandwiched by three duds. He needs to understand that (1) he's the point guard and should be a distributor instead of calling his own number so often and (2) he's not on Kevin Durant's level - in fact, he's not even close (and I think he's the only one who hasn't realized it yet

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : Even at his most immature, Rondo was still dishing out more assists than Westbrook.  From what I've seen in Game 6 vs the Grizzlies along with Games 1 & 2 of the Western Conference Finals.  And Rondo conceded to Pierce, Garnett, and Allen right from the get-go.  There was never any issue about him passing the ball to future Hall of Famers, which we can't say about Westbrook-Durant The opportunity cost of Westbrook's lack of passing vision and insistence on throwing himself recklessly into the lane is a shot that Kevin Durant could have taken at a higher percentage (or free throws that Durant still shoots at a higher percentage, or an Ibaka dunk, or an open three-pointer by Harden). Westbrook has elite potential, but I don't like what I've seen from him so far. One great Game 7 sandwiched by three duds. He needs to understand that (1) he's the point guard and should be a distributor instead of calling his own number so often and (2) he's not on Kevin Durant's level - in fact, he's not even close (and I think he's the only one who hasn't realized it yet
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Wake up and stop with the ASSISTS crap.....

Westbrook shoots, shoots 3s, goes to the rim and goes to the line and makes almost 90% of them.....

Rondo has layups available and waits for a trailer to get an assist so that he won't have his layup blocked.  As was pointed out over and over again during the playoffs - teams ignore Rondo, he avoids shooting, he avoids going to the rim, he avoids going to the line - of course he has more assists......

Does he have a lot more assists?  NO......

I love the Rondo conceded to the BIG 3 to make sure they are happy...... as if somehow Rondo's offense was being stifled to make sure the BIG 3 would get their touches.  Rondo's offense is an embarrassment, he is not deferring anything, he is not conceding anything.  He stands at the top of the circle with nobody near him, any even average player would be raining 3s down on the opponent and making them pay and making them guard him.

None of what I have written here is my own thoughts, it is stuff that we hear from national announcers all the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Westbro's team is still playing.

What is Rondo's team doing?

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Westbrook is 22 years old and turnover prone, but he is just as good as rondo at getting to the rim, and I wont even bring up jump shooting and free throw shooting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo was great in the playoffs,until he had to play without his left arm.  Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

No he wasn't! He played good against the Knicks after Biillups went down and his opponent was ... uhmm... I don't even know his name.
    Against Miami a team which is very weak at the 1 he couldn't do anything against the guys like Bibby and Chalmers BEFORE his injury. He showed a lot of heart playing with this elbow (I really thought he would be done for the season). But he was so afraid to shoot or to draw fouls that he was one of the major reasons the Cs went down in 5. With PP and Allen against Wade and James Rondo had to step up but he was clearly frightend. I really think he needs a mental coach more than a shooting coach.

[QUOTE]In Response to Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : Westbrook was very disappointing last night. Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Actually he wasn't bad at all before he was taken out after doing a "Kobe" and his Backup was great. Westbrook had a nice shooting game in game 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : No he wasn't! He played good against the Knicks after Biillups went down and his opponent was ... uhmm... I don't even know his name. Against Miami a team which is very weak at the 1 he couldn't do anything against the guys like Bibby and Chalmers BEFORE his injury. He showed a lot of heart playing with this elbow (I really thought he would be done for the season). But he was so afraid to shoot or to draw fouls that he was one of the major reasons the Cs went down in 5. With PP and Allen against Wade and James Rondo had to step up but he was clearly frightend. I really think he needs a mental coach more than a shooting coach. In Response to Re: Westbrook sits out 4rth,Thunder win lol at Dudders guy : Actually he wasn't bad at all before he was taken out after doing a "Kobe" and his Backup was great. Westbrook had a nice shooting game in game 2.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Rondo played better with one arm than he did with two. His funk that began with the Perk trade continued into the Knicks (NY was woeful) series and then into the Heat (Cs were woeful) series up to the time of the elbow injury.

By that point, the series and the season had already been decided and the fat lady was preparing to sing.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

THEY need a rondo, we need a westbrrok. all about context

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If we're lucky, the Thunder may get down on Westbrook and do something stupid, like trading him for Rondo!!  We can always dream!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]THEY need a rondo, we need a westbrrok. all about context
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I can only assume you don't mean this and are being sarcastic.  The Thunder are not even in the playoffs with Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Westbrook is 22 years old and turnover prone, but he is just as good as rondo at getting to the rim, and I wont even bring up jump shooting and free throw shooting.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

If Westbrook is just a good as Rondo as getting to the rim, and shoots better, please explain whey Westbrook shoots 40% from the field and Rondo shoots 47%.  I guess maybe your argument just doesn't hold water does it?  Maybe he gets to the rim as well just doesn't finish as well.  BTW don't bring up assists either.  They are not part of the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Because Rondo takes much less attempts and never takes the responsibility when the clock is winding down. He passes the ball to poor Big Baby who has to make a Jordan like move to prevent a 24 second violation.