We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : If we don't get Dwight then...........
    Posted by Fiercest34

Dont mention DH and Boston, it aint happening! Next pipe dream?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

We have to get back to basics. Why did we win a championship in 2008? Because we were fundamentally sound back then. Very good rebounding team, 42 rpg in the regular season in 2008, and we had House or Cassell taking over the PG duties late in the 4th qtr. Right now we are not fundamentally sound. We're not even a good rebounding team and Rondo's FTs are really hurting us.  If Rondo is not our franchise player then better move him now because he still has high value. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'd even say that we never did have a franchise player; as you've mentioned, this has always been a good team with a number of pieces that fit well. Rondo has never been and never will be a franchise player. He's a very good point guard but isn't the type to carry the team on his back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The reasons the CELTICS struggl is because they are old and not athletic.  No way you trade the one and only atheletic person for some washed Nash or a Power foward imitating a center.  What tonight showed is that KG is on his last legs, Paul Pierce is out of shape or has lost a step or both.  Ray Allen does not play defense or know how to dribble a ball.  We got killed on the weakside rebounding.  I saw so many balls they could have gotten, but were a step slow or out-muscled. This loss is chaled up to bad defense, poor offense and lack of rebounding on both ends.  

Pierce alone had 5 turnover tonight.  Ray had a couple at crucial times that killed the comeback moreso than you assert the two free throws Rondo missed.  Remember they got the rebound and what happened next?????

I hear you Fierce talk about match ups against other teams, but tonight it wasnt too much more Rondo could have done.  I drove to the basket and made some missed some, no calls, etc.  He made a couple outside shots.  The team is just not athleletic enough to keep up with the younger and stronger teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Why are you so afraid of DH coming to Boston? Does it really give you sleepless nights? 
    Posted by Fiercest34

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's f34 dreaming DH is in celtic green.

Ugh!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Laker trolls can dream of DH and I can't? Ugh! Remember, if Orlando does not trade DH to the Lakers, you're not going to be able to sign him when he becomes a free-agent. The Celts on the other hand have all the money in the world available for DH if he wants it.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Boston can have all the money in the world but he doesn't want to come here!! Ugh!

He could get a max deal from a number of teams many of which I'm sure he would prefer. Remember, Boston is not a choice of destination for franchise players. Even KG said no until McHale rail-roaded him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Again, it's not about tonight.  Last season's Finals was a classic example of an athletic team versus an old team that relied on basketball IQ, great defense, and great shooting. All of the athleticism of Miami couldn't beat a smarter Dallas team. The question is, is Rondo our franchise player? If not then get rid of him now and save the season. We are not a fundamentally sound team. We're a poor rebounding team and the most athletic player is just shooting 56% from the FT line.  All championship teams are fundamentally sound. Do we want to be the Miami Heat of 2011 or the Dallas Mavs of 2011? 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Trade Rondo?  And get what in return?  That wont cure everyone else on the team being old, unatheletic or not ready for prime time.  Instead of trading Rondo, blow up the Big 3.  What happens when this new point guard or Dooling is having an off night?  The big 3 will still be old and not making shots.  So far Ray is the lone bright spot.  But for how long?  Trading Rondo will do nothing for having a KG that wont post up or Paul Pierce whose pump fakes no longer work or Doc refusing to play rookies.  

You keep talking about a system and how harper did it with the Lakers and got one more ring.  True, but he was familiar with the system already from the Bulls.  Dooling is new and is not a starter.  That would be dumb.

Rondo is the future and the pieces around him have one foot in the glue factory or ready to collect SSI.  I watch so many times Rondo is hustling grabbing loose balls and getting rebounds and pushing the ball with no one to pass it too because the old big 3 is still in the back court.

No rebounds, no rings....Pierce lead the team tonight and that is a F$%king shame!!!!!!  If they would have grabbed more boards they win.  If they would have played FUNDAMENTAL offense and defense, they win!!!!  Rondo, has improved and is improving.  Exposed???  Nahhhh.  

Oh, BTW, i seen every last player on the court for the Celtics pass up wide open shots and hesitant to shoot.  So it all on Rondo.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

this is disrespectful. Pierce goes 3-17..bass cant hit a shot and JO cant get nething to go, yet its Rondo that takes the brunt of the blame bc he missed two free throws...so fu cking disrespectful. excuse my language but im tired of this. you guys have become so infatuated with the 3 pt shot that you think you HAVE to have a 3 pt shot to be a good point guard. 

i dont understand what you guys dont understand. KG needs touches..needs shots. Paul Pierce needs touches..needs shots. Ray Allen needs touches...needs shots. HOW DO YOU EXPECT RONDO TO SCORE 20 POINTS A GAME??? you saw the difference! PP out, Rondo scored 30 something and 20 something while maintaining his assist totals. Paul comes back, he is doing what a conventional POINT GUARD does. setting his teammates up. its funny. when rondo missed those two free throws i KNEWWW wat was going to happen, knew everyone was going to come on this board and say its Rondo's fault we lost the game. whats funny is i havent seen one post regarding the ever slumping free throw abilities of one Kevin Garnett. not one. news flash. not every pg can shoot 3's consistently. diff is, some continue to try and hurt their team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Nearly the entire team stunk tonight so it's hard to lay blame at the foot of one or two players. Terrible interior defense was the biggest contributor to the loss ... 14 offensive rebounds for Indy vs 7 for the C's. Points in the paint - Indy 42 - Celtics 28. Rebounds - Indy 47 - C's 36. Both teams shot poorly and Indy had a shooting % advantage from the line but our bigs got killed due to a lack of hustle, boxing out and basic rebounding technique ... The team needs a Rebounding Session. Who said there was nobody other than DH for our cap space next year? Wallace Beasley Mayo Okafor Humpries Lopez McGee If 2012 is the summer of rebuilding and you intend to get younger and more athletic isn't is finally Rondo's time to have a team he can run with and dish off to? I can't wait to see him ahead of the field with two other Celtics rather than opponents for a change. I'd hold onto him until we go older again then there's no since in keeping him but if young legs are in the cards, he's a keeper.
    Posted by Mployee8

None of the fast breaking teams of the 90s and in the 2k era won a title. Rondo is great when it's a fast breaking game. But playoff basketball is a halfcourt game. The game slows down in the playoffs. That's where Rondo gets exposed. 

In the east the Heat have Lebron and Wade, the Bulls Rose, the Knicks Amare and Melo. Out west it's Durant, Kobe, CP3, and the up and coming LaMarcus Aldridge. The Celtics are going to counter that with the likes of McGee, Lopez, Okafor, or Mayo?

Rondo is not a keeper IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Fierce, get over the "bulls won a ring with Ron Harper at PG" bull crap. we DO NOT HAVE a MJ23 on our team!! we dont!! we dont even have a 2010playoffDirk on our team! you cant just plug DOOLING in there and expect to be great! how bout the defensive pressure and steals Rondo had tonite? how about the uncontested looks players had all night bc Rondo looked off their defenders? nobody looks at that. look..i understand he has problems..would i like him to be 85% from the stripe with a good 3 pt shot. SURE. but he doesnt. he has two negatives. he is also great on defense, fast as sh*t going to the basket, a ridiculous passer, great rebounder for his position, great floor general, etc etc etc etc. stop looking at the dudes 2 negatives and understand we are in good hands with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up :  Rondo is not a keeper IMO.
    Posted by ConnectingRod

so get Dooling as a starter..HES a keeper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

this is disrespectful. Pierce goes 3-17..bass cant hit a shot and JO cant get nething to go, yet its Rondo that takes the brunt of the blame bc he missed two free throws...so fu cking disrespectful. excuse my language but im tired of this. you guys have become so infatuated with the 3 pt shot that you think you HAVE to have a 3 pt shot to be a good point guard.  i dont understand what you guys dont understand. KG needs touches..needs shots. Paul Pierce needs touches..needs shots. Ray Allen needs touches...needs shots. HOW DO YOU EXPECT RONDO TO SCORE 20 POINTS A GAME??? you saw the difference! PP out, Rondo scored 30 something and 20 something while maintaining his assist totals. Paul comes back, he is doing what a conventional POINT GUARD does. setting his teammates up. its funny. when rondo missed those two free throws i KNEWWW wat was going to happen, knew everyone was going to come on this board and say its Rondo's fault we lost the game. whats funny is i havent seen one post regarding the ever slumping free throw abilities of one Kevin Garnett. not one. news flash. not every pg can shoot 3's consistently. diff is, some continue to try and hurt their team. 
    Posted by JamezHill24

By year 3 Derrick Rose already had a 3pt shot. Russell Westbrook also already had a jump shot by year 3. Both Rose and Westbrook are good free-throw shooters also. 

It's Rondo's 6th year in the league and he hasn't improved his range, he's still not a threat from the perimeter. His free-throws are also in the decline. How do you justify that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : so get Dooling as a starter..HES a keeper.
    Posted by JamezHill24

The Celtics are better off with Nash or Westbrook this year. Nash is a 1 year rental so if the Celtics go that route they would have to use one of their 1st round picks on a PG. There are quality PGs in the upcoming draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : By year 3 Derrick Rose already had a 3pt shot. Russell Westbrook also already had a jump shot by year 3. Both Rose and Westbrook are good free-throw shooters also.  It's Rondo's 6th year in the league and he hasn't improved his range, he's still not a threat from the perimeter. His free-throws are also in the decline. How do you justify that?
    Posted by ConnectingRod

Poor technique!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

You want to talk about respect? Rondo is not doing his part by making the opposing defender respect him on offense. Rondo's man is always daring him to shoot. Talk about having no respect at all for Rondo's shot making ability. LOL

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Bad news to all those who expected Rondo to be a better shooter this season. Last season Rondo was 57% from the free-throw line, this season he's at 56%. Rondo is shooting 52% from the field this season but he's getting his points in the first 3 quarters of the game. Last night Rondo was scoreless in the 4th. Not an improved Rondo to me.

Sections
Shortcuts