We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

So which one is it?  Rondo or the lack of rebounding.  You cant have it both ways.  If Rondo hit those two free throws it wouldnt have mattered.  Recall the plays after that.....We got killed on the boards, poor execution, no post game, and are old and not atheletic.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    We have 2 problems, Rondo and the rebounding. KG will give us nights like the other night, but overall, KG is just a 12-14 ppg and a 6-7 rpg player. If Rondo only improved his FT shooting he would've been the perfect PG for the Celts.  Ainge has to do something about KG and Rondo. KG can't be traded, Celts will lose its identity if KG is gone. Rondo on the other hand should be traded. The Celts have 2 options, Nash or Gasol. Nash it's a given that he needs to be traded. Gasol is out of place with the emergence of Bynum and Kobe back to his old ways of shooting 20-30 times a game. The season can still be saved. If Ainge does nothing we end up as the 6th or 7th seed in the east and most probably a first round exit. There's just no way the Celts can end up the 4th seed and have home court advantage with the way they're rebounding the ball.
    Posted by Fiercest34
    Lose their identity????  LOL!!  KG is more bark than bite.  This isnt 2007-2008.  Gasol or Nash??? Neither.  Nash is old and will be done this year or next.  That's fools gold right there!!!!  Gasol.  Please.  It will never happen in this life time.  That's a fantasy!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

DOOLING??????????  G T F O H........Ive seen what he can do and I'm not impressed with turning the keys over to him!!!!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : KG is more bark than bite, true. But he's the Celts leader. Without KG the Celts would lose their toughness.
    Posted by Fiercest34

They are not tough with him.  KG is 15-20 ft from the basket.  That's tough?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

We needed at 20 point, 12 FT game out of Rondo.

He play with urgency for most of the 3rd quarter, taking it to the Pacers... rallying the team... and then as suddenly as he turned it on, he became passive again.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    With 3:39 left in the 4th, the Pacers up by only 7 and in the penalty, Rondo went to the FT line and missed both FTs. The 7-point lead could have been cut to 5 and the Celts would have been back in the game. So for those believing Rondo's FT shooting has improved, it's not.  The Pacers are a potential playoff opponent. We can beat them if Ray and Pierce have a good night shooting the ball. But we can't get away with Rondo having no outside shot and poor FT shooting. All the Pacers did was grab the loose balls, offensive rebounding was what killed the Celts. The Celts allowed the Pacers to get 14 offensive rebounds. Unacceptable!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I thought those two free throws were big as well. Sad part about it I knew he was going to miss them before he shot them.  He was the last person I wanted to see fouled there. I won't put the loss on him or Pierce. Everyone but Ray played pretty bad,  Bass missed shots he has been making.  Ray couldnt guard Hill or George. Actually Oneal did play alright.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This loss has nothing to do with Rondo.  Again go back to your DVR and look st the following possessions after those two missed free throws by Rondo.  How many beicks and turnovers were there?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm preparing myself for disappointment on most nights because I just don't see what's going to change.  I'm just going to watch Ray torch people all season while we lose the game and then watch a first round playoff exit.   After that, I hope to be excited about the rebuilding process and rewarded with some positive surprises.

On another front, CelticFanLA posted the Jeff Green situation (Danny released him from his RFA status).

Jeff is an unrestrictred Free Agent now.  I think Danny hopes he can get him back.  But if he can't - this rebuilding process will be without Green.  Rondo and Bass will anchor it and that's just not enough.  It could be ugly for a few years.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I don't know if we are right but I agree with you. When I watched Collison hit jumps shots along with his great speed it hit me that the huge deficit that is Rondo's shooting will sink this team in most competitive games.

KG and Pierce two and three years ago were so much better that at that time they could make things happen that could make up for Rondo's lack of shooting.  Not any more, this season will be a .500 hundred season with what we are seeing, youth kills.

Celebrating three wins over the worst teams in the league will only distract us from the giant problem we have with aging stars and a poor shooting point guard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Rondo was only 50% of the problem. The Pacers didn't blowout the Celts until Rondo missed those 2 FTs. The other 50% was the lack of rebounding, the Celts only got 36 rebounds in this game. Again, if you don't get 40 rebounds in a game you're getting outhustled.
    Posted by Fiercest34

We get outhustled because were older.  Thats why we need to get the youngsters some time. The 40 rebounds doesn't matter as much as winning the rebounding battle.  Anytime you lose by 11 on the boards its going to be hard to win.  If we get 40 boards and they get 51 it would be the same result.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Look at our bench,  Dooling, Wilcox, Bradley, Steamer, Bass, and Daniels.  Does that look like it would scare anyone?  I am not sure that isn't the worst bench in the league.  Bass is the only player there with the possible exception of Steamer.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo cannot pick up the offensive slack that open perimeter shot demand he make. That says it as well as it can be said.  If you play basketball and get a 15 foot open shot you need to be able to make it especially if you are a point guard.  This essentially frames the problem the Celtics have had even before they got old these last two years. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts