We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

Fierce, as right as you are I think the chances of Ainge and Doc making the changes you want are slim to none.  They think this lacklustre bench is the strongest they have had since 2008.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    [QUOTE]We have 2 problems, Rondo and the rebounding. KG will give us nights like the other night, but overall, KG is just a 12-14 ppg and a 6-7 rpg player. If Rondo only improved his FT shooting he would've been the perfect PG for the Celts.  Ainge has to do something about KG and Rondo. KG can't be traded, Celts will lose its identity if KG is gone. Rondo on the other hand should be traded. The Celts have 2 options, Nash or Gasol. Nash it's a given that he needs to be traded. Gasol is out of place with the emergence of Bynum and Kobe back to his old ways of shooting 20-30 times a game. The season can still be saved. If Ainge does nothing we end up as the 6th or 7th seed in the east and most probably a first round exit. There's just no way the Celts can end up the 4th seed and have home court advantage with the way they're rebounding the ball.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ah, who was it who said Rondo and JON for Nash and Lopez back in the summer?  I said Pietrus at the time, too, but now it's even better.

Or (trade machine is down), could we ship Rondo somewhere in a 3 team deal, and get Mo Williams, who is clearly the 3rd guard on the Clips?  I think he would be a nice fit here!!  Rondo to MEM, Mayo to Clips, Williams to us?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I agree Fierce

Some guards never learn to be good 3 point shooters... but if going hard to the basket is your bread and butter... you have to have to HAVE TO!!!!!! Be a 75% FT shooter

UGH

The Celtics need to play stiemsma a little more and make a trade to sole the rebounding issues...

But the Ft shooting is all on Rondo... unacceptable

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : JO and Rondo for Pau Gasol solves both, rebounding and improved shooting from the PG position if Dooling takes over. If that happens the problem now would be can Dooling run the point effectively.  Tonight was like a quiz for the Celts. The Celts failed. A PG that has no outside shooting, and also a poor FT shooter, combined with lack of rebounding by the whole team will result in disappointment on most nights.
    I mostly agree with you Fierce. There is a reason that Doc & DA felt they couldn't build a team around Rondo. He's too inconsistent and too frail. Every time he drives the basket I fear that he's going to come up with an injury and I just don't think he can last a season let alone a deep playoff run. However, a Rondo & JO trade for Gasol would be similar to the Perk trade because I think it just creates more holes then it fills.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Ah, who was it who said Rondo and JON for Nash and Lopez back in the summer?  I said Pietrus at the time, too, but now it's even better. Or (trade machine is down), could we ship Rondo somewhere in a 3 team deal, and get Mo Williams, who is clearly the 3rd guard on the Clips?  I think he would be a nice fit here!!  Rondo to MEM, Mayo to Clips, Williams to us?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Red does this trade just end up being Rondo for Mo or are you thinking Memphis would throw TA back our way too?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Red does this trade just end up being Rondo for Mo or are you thinking Memphis would throw TA back our way?
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

No, we get Mo
    MEM gets Rondo, since he is better than Conley
    Clips get OJ Mayo, since Billups is FA at end of year!!

Could do better if the trade machine was working, but not bad off the top of my head!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

I too would love to see Gasol with this team. Sure, we wouldn't have a legit center (basically two PF), but Gasol is a very good defender, shot blocker, and rebounder and gives us another viable option on offense. I agree that Rondo is not really needed on this team (as currently constituted). He needs to be on a more open court, pressing/running team to really maximize his talents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think trading players now has to jive with next season and all the cap space.  So one has to wonder if Gasol is the answer.  I want to get young and next year is our chance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We were not shooting well but we were playing good during the first quarter when Doc decided to bring Avery in and everything changed, he is not ready.  We got away with scatterbrained coaching the other night because of the competition but tonight we just wonder why the big rookie center was not used early? Simply when the big three can not carry us and we haft to depend on coaching we are in trouble. The Heat on the other hand were very well coached the other night.  Ronod is a near allstar.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Having Rondo on the Celtics is like putting F-1 tires on an old family car. It just doesn't fit. Either Danny needs to build a more athletic team around the talents of Rondo, or trade him for some valuable parts (luggage rack, GPS system, etc) that would fit with our current team (vehicle). 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I think trading players now has to jive with next season and all the cap space.  So one has to wonder if Gasol is the answer.  I want to get young and next year is our chance.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Getting younger and more athletic is the only way were going to be competitive for a long time. I do not want Gasol and the 57 mil he is owed the next three years!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce goes 3 for 17 and it's Rondo's fault?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

No, of course not, everyone knows it's George Bush's fault (good until the next election).

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : If we don't get Dwight then we end up with a lot of cap space and no one to give it to. Pierce will still be here until 2014. We have 2 draft picks this season. So unless we trade those picks, we will get younger no matter what.

Boston is not getting DH so wake up from that slumber you are in and slap yourself. The guy does not want to play here and should he be traded this year, there are plenty of teams that can offer far more than Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Boston is not getting DH so wake up from that slumber you are in and slap yourself. The guy does not want to play here and should he be traded this year, there are plenty of teams that can offer far more than Boston.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Yes, like NJ, Dal and ATL!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts