We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : I agree.........tank this season.........we can all watch college hoops.......then next year do let the Nets do a sign and trade rondo for Deron Williams........we have a ton of cap space for 2 prime time players and we also have 2 draft picks in a very deep draft.......GO UNC
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Why tank this season when the Celtics can go deep in the playoffs if Steve Nash is the PG?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Fierce, overreact much? 

Yes, Rondo has a baad game, but this team's problems run much deeper than Rondo. Rondo was also the best player on our team on at least three of our wins. 

We had a pathetic 14 points of our bench tonight, so that's not going to cut it. 

We can't defend anyone and JON is our starting center. 

Rondo-baiting isn't especially helpful on this forum. Pierce had an absolutely HORRIBLE game and was one of the main reasons we lost as well. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Thru 8 games, 4th quarter combined stats for Rondo so far... 12 points and 17 dimes. A facilitator only.

History repeats itself.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If Rondo started games the way he ends games, he would average 6 PPG and 8.5 APG.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Getting younger and more athletic is the only way were going to be competitive for a long time. I do not want Gasol and the 57 mil he is owed the next three years!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right,  that is why age DOES  matter. Agree with your whole post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]We have to get back to basics. Why did we win a championship in 2008? Because we were fundamentally sound back then. Very good rebounding team, 42 rpg in the regular season in 2008, and we had House or Cassell taking over the PG duties late in the 4th qtr. Right now we are not fundamentally sound. We're not even a good rebounding team and Rondo's FTs are really hurting us.  If Rondo is not our franchise player then better move him now because he still has high value. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Let me translate for you.  We are not as good as 2008

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

keep those doggies moving, eh fierce? give a crazy trail boss a herd of cattle and anything can happen.

i'll get my celtic fix from somewhere else this morning.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]keep those doggies moving, eh fierce? give a crazy trail boss a herd of cattle and anything can happen.   i'll get my celtic fix from somewhere else this morning.  
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Thats funny  BP,  I just recorded a bunch of Rawhide episodes. That and Matt Dillon.  I have been getting my fix on those.  Great shows.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Age is not an excuse. The Spurs are an old team with an old Tim Duncan and a 6-7 Blair playing Center. But the Spurs are averaging 41.3 rebounds per game this season. JO is only good for 7 rpg. Bass is really not a great rebounder, so getting 6 rpg from Bass is good enough. KG is on the decline so we'll have to settle for 7 rpg from KG. So our best 3 bigs are just average when it comes to rebounding. Stiemsma has length and no bulk. Wilcox is not tall enough to be a real Center. So our bigs off the bench are also nothing special.  We need an upgrade.

You do realize Duncan is averaging 6 rebounds a game and KG 7?  In the Spur losses Duncan averages 2 rebounds.  8 when they win.  You know why Duncan and KG rebounding numbers are down?  Its called AGE.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : We're not good as 2008, true. But it doesn't mean we just have to accept it and do nothing! The Celts of the 80s just accepted that they got old in the 90s and did nothing. For that, it took another 21 years just to get back to the Finals!

You must be patient.  Not  a lot of deals being made right now.  Danny will pull the trigger, I know he will!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : We're not good as 2008, true. But it doesn't mean we just have to accept it and do nothing! The Celts of the 80s just accepted that they got old in the 90s and did nothing. For that, it took another 21 years just to get back to the Finals!

Don't you think Danny knows we need to do something?  Its just not as easy as all the trade scenarios everyone throws around here.  Some of them are plain comical.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : That's why I said trade Rondo for Pau Gasol. That way KG becomes the 2nd best big on the Celtics. If not Pau Gasol then Steve Nash will do.

We could probably get Nash but if you were the Lakers would YOU trade Pau for Rondo knowing what you know about Rondo?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : I know Ainge knows we need to do something. This is a forum for Celtic fans, I think we're allowed to discuss trade scenarios here.

Sure we are.  I am not saying yours are comical,  I said some of them are.  I just asked you a question,  would you make that trade if you were the Lakers?  Just curious if you would or not.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : 1. Lakers need to get rid of Gasol's contract to be able to sign DH in July of 2012. 2. Lakers desperately need a PG. 3. With the emergence of Bynum, Gasol is redundant.

You still didn't answer the question. Simple yes or no will work here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : You still didn't answer the question. Simple yes or no will work here.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

If I can speak for Fierce...... NO!

Pud

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Yes!  Dwight, Kobe, and Rondo not appealing to you?

If they are on the Fakers, not they are not appealing. Hate to tell you this but Pau has a lot more trade value for the next two or three years that Rondo does.  PGs are a lot easier to get than a big guy.  (actually I think you said that recently)  A good pt guard on the Lakers are pretty useless if they can't hit the open shot. That is why Fisher has been effective all these years.  Kome handles the ball other than dribbling up court.  The Lakers fans would be all over rondo like stink on **** if he was bricking jumpers in LA. (u think Rondo could handle that?)

Hey from a Celtic standpoint I would do it in a heartbeat.  I sure can't see the Lakers doing it though. 

Oh well, gives us something to talk about until the next game when we are either the best team in basketball or the team that needs to be "blown up"..

Keep em coming Fierce.  You keep the board lively dude.!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

This is one of the most idiotic discussions that I have ever seen on this board and I have been coming here long before most of you (prior to the '08 run-read between the lines). The entire team stunk it up last night. Where is the criticism of Rivers insisting on using guys that were clearly exhausted and out of sync?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts