We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

The comment about trading for Nash for Rondo, I am assuming that we would get more from the Suns than just Nash correct?  Nash for Rondo would be insane no even if he has an expiring contract.

Celtics fans also have to get comfortable with the idea that Rondo is a perfect fit with the Lakers.  They could deal with Rondo's drawbacks and benefit with his strengths. I could not live with that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    [QUOTE]The comment about trading for Nash for Rondo, I am assuming that we would get more from the Suns than just Nash correct?  Nash for Rondo would be insane no even if he has an expiring contract. Celtics fans also have to get comfortable with the idea that Rondo is a perfect fit with the Lakers.  They could deal with Rondo's drawbacks and benefit with his strengths. I could not live with that.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You think Lakers fans would take to Rondo bricking free throws and Jumpers? Those fans are even more fickle than us.  They would boo him off the floor. He would then go into a funk and probably demand to be traded.  ORRRR he could learn to shoot freebies, and jumpers........  well never mind.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : The ideal is we get Nash and Robin Lopez. Lakers benefitting from Rondo's strengths, naturally, why else would they give up Pau Gasol if they won't get anything of value in return.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not that I like Lopez that much,  Nash would make our half court game function a lot better. 

It hard with rondo,  I like him want him to do good, optimistic, but plain and simple, if he can't shoot by now he will never be able to shoot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo would find playing guard next to the shameful gunner Kobe a great fit.  Gasol with Dooling as  the point guard would not work. Dooling could not play those kind of minutes. Obviously another player would have to come here.  Would it be Blake?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo would find playing guard next to the shameful gunner Kobe a great fit.  Gasol with Dooling as  the point guard would not work. Dooling could not play those kind of minutes. Obviously another player would have to come here.  Would it be Blake?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Your making me sick now. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]The Mavs beat the Heat in the Finals last season with Kidd's 3-point shooting. Kidd shot 43% from 3-point land in the Finals. Totally a different Jason Kidd, in terms of shooting, from the Jason Kidd who went to the Finals in 2002 and 2003. Rondo is great when it's a fast paced game. But in the 4th qtr., when the game slows down, that's where Rondo and the Celtic offense struggles. 
    Where is Doc on play calling then?  Rondo take the calls from Doc.  So who fault is it?  If the game slows down, the KG should be on the low post.  Pierce should be posting up more.  I think Docs play calling stinks in te 4th.  It doesn't necessarily have to slow down, itjust that the old legs of the bog 3 can't keep up.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Where is Doc on play calling then?  Rondo take the calls from Doc.  So who fault is it?  If the game slows down, the KG should be on the low post.  Pierce should be posting up more.  I think Docs play calling stinks in te 4th.  It doesn't necessarily have to slow down, itjust that the old legs of the bog 3 can't keep up.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    the bog 3? i think you're onto something, jdm. that's as apt a summary of last night as i've seen this morning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Hard to get open when Rondo's man is roaming, only defending Rondo for the drive to the basket.
    Then Doc should readjust his play calling.  If Rondo man is camping in the lane, then spread the floor and let Rondo break his man down, which he will, and get to the basket.  So if his man wants to play off of him then it will lead to a defensive three seconds because the lane shouldnt be crowded if th bigs clear out some.

Can Rondo use a little turn around jumper? Sure.  A pull up floater? Sure.  Better free throw percentage? Sure.

Can Ray Allen have better dribbling skills?  Sure.  Stop his cross court passes?  Sure.

Can KG post up?  I don't know any more.

Can Pierce realize his pump fakes are only faking himself out and letting the defender close?  Sure.  Can Pierce post up?  I think so.

JON, well....can he stay healthy?  Don't know.

All the players have deficiencies that hurt the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : the bog 3? i think you're onto something, jdm. that's as apt a summary of last night as i've seen this morning.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

LOL....typo.  But they are slow as molasses and bog things down!!!  HA HA HA

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Rondo can't break his man down when his man is already in the paint. The only way you're going to break your man down is if you're a triple threat, pass, shoot, or drive to the basket. Rondo's man knows Rondo is just going to pass or drive to the basket. You notice Rondo committing more offensive fouls lately?  When your defender is giving you the 18-footer and you still force the issue by driving to the basket, it will only result in an offensive foul. Again, basketball basics.
    He had a tear drop, don't know what happened.  That will kill an offensive fouls.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : He had a tear drop, don't know what happened.  That will kill an offensive fouls.  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

He may have a lot of tear drops by the end of this year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One on one,
    I was making myself  sick.  The idea of that trade gives me the creeps but you have to respond to what bringing Gasol would involve.  I think Fierce is right to deconstruct the Celtics and try to come up with a solution, but Gasol at thirty one- to thirty two is a fix that I believe does not deliver a championship.  

With all that said Fierce's premise is right we are broken team if you consider a championship the goal.  If you think being competitive as in a plus .500 team we with Pietrus are going to be right there.  We will have many more nights like last night as currently constructed.  Next year will be the start of new era.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I would not be complaining if the Celts are clearly a bad team. But from what I saw, this current Celts team still has 1 run left in them. Ray is playing great, Pierce is coming along, and while KG is not great on offense, he's still a great defender. Plus, Bass is a terrific addition. All this team needs is an upgrade, the rest of the pieces are there.

How would you suggest that they upgrade this team and who would have to be traded?  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts